[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
One question I haven't seen answered: I haven't done any of the Thronebreaker achievements on my PS4. Will I still be able to do them after the shutdown Gwent and how will my PS4 Gwent collection interact with the TB one if that makes any sense? And will I have to buy TB again on GOG or will they provide your account with a "free" TB as compensation when we already bought it for PS4?

Final question: Do I have to transfer my account before they shutdown the game on PS4. If you don't do that, will you lose your account or something?

Once your account is transferred, you can no longer claim the Thronebreaker rewards from the console. I do hope CDPR offers console users some compensation, like a free copy of Thronebreaker on GOG for those that already own the game on the PS4.

As for what happens to your account after the game is shut down, I cannot say for sure. I think it's probably still saved somewhere, but you can no longer access it.

Curious, indeed. Not sure if this would work. Please, contact CDPR support to ask for clarification.

Thanks, but how am I supposed to do that? You can only submit a ticket about certain topics or questions and mine is not among them...really, this support system is kinda stupid. People should be able to ask whatever they need.

Thanks, but how am I supposed to do that? You can only submit a ticket about certain topics or questions and mine is not among them...

Yeah, the support page can be a bit limiting. The workaround is to pick a random topic and submit a ticket. In the end, it's about the message, not the category.

Raunbjorn

Once your account is transferred, you can no longer claim the Thronebreaker rewards from the console. I do hope CDPR offers console users some compensation, like a free copy of Thronebreaker on GOG for those that already own the game on the PS4.

As for what happens to your account after the game is shut down, I cannot say for sure. I think it's probably still saved somewhere, but you can no longer access it.
So I will never be able to transfer my account later on if I don't do it now? They made a terrible job at communicating this like they always do with console players.

So I will never be able to transfer my account later on if I don't do it now? They made a terrible job at communicating this like they always do with console players.

It was explained that: "the account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020". After that, the game shuts down on the consoles. What happens to your console account after is no longer relevant for the transfer, only if you want to have it permanently removed because of privacy.

Besides, out of curiosity, why would to want to wait that long with the transfer? Because you want to complete Thronebreaker first?

Just sent account cancelation request to gog.
Funny thing is I created it yesterday ..never got pass the radovid screen..and when I log on here it says lvl.2 ,rank 29..
How can that be?

I had GOG account only for this forum. I was console-only player since Open-Beta-day-1
I tried iOS version because I loved Gwent and because it was so hard-advertised by CDPR.

And now CDPR tells I can't transfer my progress because I already played several games on iOS??!

And now CDPR tells I can't transfer my progress because I already played several games on iOS??!

You can still transfer your progress to a new GOG account. Incidentally, if you signed up to Gwent via iOS, not using the GOG link, you probably don't have a GOG account yet.

FYI, you can also play the game on mobile. The transfer to GOG works for both the PC and mobile.
You keep saying that you can play on mobile...but in truth you can only play on ios.
And if we look at the numbers, ios users make about 22.48% of mobile market.
Android is about 75.82% .
So with that in mind ,I find your statments quite annoying...

You keep saying that you can play on mobile...but in truth you can only play on ios.
And if we look at the numbers, ios users make about 22.48% of mobile market.
Android is about 75.82% .
So with that in mind ,I find your statments quite annoying...

I said mobile because the Android release is right around the corner (Q1 2020).

I said mobile because the Android release is right around the corner (Q1 2020).
Still doesn't change the fact that you can't play on over 75% of mobile devices.
While your statment is not completely false...it is annoying.
And the only thing that is "around the corner" is my local convinience store!😅
Still a 3-4 month wait..if not more...
I' m not trying to be rude or insulting.But with the consoles getting ousted , android not supported and low end pc-s having a bug that causes epileptic seizures.
It is a bit frustrating to see " you can play on mobile"
Like saying .. " you're gonna be fine it's just a bleeder" to a man who got his legs choped of by a chainsaw.

I do not own a computer, only a ps4. I do not play mobile either, so for me this a nice slap in the face. No warning sent out about this, no compensation for purchases made in game. Just thanks for your time and money. CDP now has a place on the list with bethesda and ea thanks for ruining gaming by focusing on the "numbers". Wished I'd never supported you with the Witcher or on console period. Cyber Punk coming out and you guys leave a bad taste like this

Sorry, I love you guys, but this is really unprofessional. It's only been 1 year! You must have had this data from the beta days. You made a promise of "no big changes" when Homecoming launched. Stopping support for consoles is a pretty big change...

I felt that you were really turning a corner, and leaving mistakes of the past behind. I understand this decision - you need to do what you have to in order to keep the game healthy - but it really stinks. I really REALLY hope that my progress actually makes it over successfully from my primary (PS4) account. At this point with all the hiccups that we've been through, I honestly am a little worried. The silver lining is that I won't have to start over when I move to Android. I had been hoping that you'd be able to work with Sony/Microsoft on some kind of cross-save/cross-play concept, now that they're opening up their platforms a bit more. Hopefully the account transfers work, though I see a customer support email in my future...

When console support ends, it will be impossible to get some trophies. I want to get the platinum trophy, will the trophies change?

Still going to lobby that something additional be given to console users...

...the right to transfer most of my stuff 3 - 4 days after the PC base is playing the latest version of the game is hardly enough.

1) As I have read the forums I noticed everyone mentioning a Black Friday sale...this sale never appeared on consoles and it wasn't even the 3rd time something like this had happened, just the last one.

2) Anyone who had a console account and a utilized GoG account is having to choose which stuff they are losing forever

3) Why even make the transfer window 6 months? Who is going to play a frozen game that loses 90% of its player base that is dropping to lowest priority on the server queue?

What could some stuff be? Off of the top of my head, easy items would be

1) A free starter package (it has been years for me, but I remember it was good)
2) A full mill value window
3) 2 years worth of Twitch drops from streamers and tournaments
4a) A picture of the Burza, Slama, and team throwing away console dev kits
4b) A Ronvid of Small MArsh custom CArd Back...

Whatever, do something to make up for the fact that on December 4th, the one year anniversary of releasing Homecoming 6 weeks after PC on consoles, you cancelled the game. Whether this was pre meditated malice or general console apathy, it was a poor choice.

3) Why even make the transfer window 6 months? Who is going to play a frozen game that loses 90% of its player base that is dropping to lowest priority on the server queue?

Those that aren't playing the game now and might return later. With such a major change, the studio needs to give users plenty of time to respond.

This is really shitty. I've been a strong advocate for this game, introduced 5 friends to it. I hyped the pricing model, bought Thronebreaker, countless hours of playing, investments, etc. I would always get excited for news when it came, grab a coffee to watch the YouTube official GWENT channel. I would support as best I could, leave a "like"👍 with every video released just to help it grow as much as possible. Any small effort on my part, I was dedicated. I was convinced consoles were a success.
Now this. Nothing. Unsubscribe. Uninstall. I don't need any more news, nothing to be excited about anymore. Go back to Magic the Gathering I guess? Honestly, this is a huge slap in the face. I'm still trying to process this.

Top Bottom