[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
Hearing people getting the transfer just fine is hope for me. Crossing my fingers that everything will come through just fine when they get to my account transfer from PS4.

I've been wanting to play this game on pc/mobile for a very long time, so this transfer is good news for me. [...] Some of us won't be able to play Gwent for a couple of weeks, get over it. It's healthy to have a variety of things to do with your leisure time. Find something new to do for the time being, sounds like it would do some of you a lot of good. If you don't have a pc/tablet/mobile to play this on then I can say you got bigger problems than losing Gwent for an extended time.

This move by CDPR was abrupt, not planned or executed well. I get it. But they've built up enough rapport and good faith with me to get my forgiveness on the matter. They want to make money *GASP!* and need to run a business. If this is what they gotta do to streamline a few things in their support for this game then so be it. I've witnessed companies like EA/Activision/Blizzard/Bethesda/etc. make far worse decisions to reallocate their resources or bolster their bottom line at our expense. I remember Hasbro having a big sale on xbox live, only to discontinue ALL support for those games just 1 month later.......couldn't play the games anymore, no refund, no apology, no statement, just a swift kick in the nuts.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today
- After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

What progress will be copied:

• All collected ornaments
  • Meteorite Powder — Only applies to Xbox One players*
  • All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

Website is live under this link: https://www.playgwent.com/en/account-copying
How long does this take? I still can't use my profile on GoG? It said 14 days, the deadline is actually next monday 23 of December but I cannot even log in to the game? How so?
Post automatically merged:

I tried to copy from XboX

Wanna take a wild guess as to whats easier then dealing with this disrespectful situation,

Not bothering with the company who caused it.

I’m not sure the business model here. But you guys aren’t building bridges.
Alienating your fan base will make them leave, not just Gwent but everything else you make as well.

Just a quick update. My account was transferred today and all progress has transitioned perfectly (I was on PS4).

The new expansion is great and worth waiting for. Being able to play across both my laptop and iPhone is also neat.

While I’m happy with the final outcome, it was never a good idea to drop an expansion like this. I understand the fallout would have been greater had they released it to consoles, then dropped support, but still... there had to be a better way of dealing this.

Just a quick update. My account was transferred today and all progress has transitioned perfectly (I was on PS4).

The new expansion is great and worth waiting for. Being able to play across both my laptop and iPhone is also neat.

While I’m happy with the final outcome, it was never a good idea to drop an expansion like this. I understand the fallout would have been greater had they released it to consoles, then dropped support, but still... there had to be a better way of dealing this.
were you contacted when you submitted information or when they completed it how did you know it went through

Hello cdpr?
They watch the threads but don't give updates on status as there's thousands of people waiting. You will get an EMAIL when your account is ready to go so check your email account. They also will tell you by email if there was a problem.

For the curious: I asked for my account migration from Xbox One one week ago. I'm waiting with fingers crossed. No bad emails, either. Thank goodness. Been there since the Alpha and don't want to lose it all.

My account was tranferred yesterday. I have got confirmation email. Everything was tranferred, as expected. Even reward trees and contract progresses which were not mentioned.
Only issue I have, that I am running it under ubuntu and therefore, performance is shitty. However, that is only my personal problem.
Good luck.

My account was tranferred yesterday. I have got confirmation email. Everything was tranferred, as expected. Even reward trees and contract progresses which were not mentioned.
Only issue I have, that I am running it under ubuntu and therefore, performance is shitty. However, that is only my personal problem.
Good luck.
when did you submit the transfer request

Will they continue with transfer today or next week?
Some official update from CDPR would be appreciated ffs.

Top Bottom