[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
I just made a GOG account for the account transfer. My only question is, do I need to have Gwent added as one of the games on the account? Right now it says that I have 0 games. Do I need to have Gwent before requesting the transfer and just not launch it?

No I am pretty confident you do not.

I've put a lot more time into my ps4 gwent account than I have my GoG account. Bc of that, I bought thronebreaker on ps4 which I have yet to beat.

My first question is, do ps4 thronebreaker unlocks still carry over to ps4 gwent during this 6 month freeze? If so I guess I better go back and beat it now.

If not, is there a way to get a voucher to put thronebreaker on my GoG account? I'd like to be able to earn the rest of the thronebreaker cards I paid good money for without having to buy thronebreaker a second time.

Lastly, why no ps4 pc account merging? Time spent on two different platforms is still time spent and rewards earned by the player.

PS: I just played gwent this weekend for the first time in a few months so this whole situation is a bit of a shock.

Last edited:
Well, my transfer finally made it. Fun story too, I put my request in on the very first day you could from PS4 to GOG. Did it right, made a new account, uninstalled Gwent from the old account, performed the transfer request properly and it was smooth sailing.........

Until one night I couldn't sleep. Suddenly feeling like I couldn't play at ALL (sure, on ps4 but I wanted to see the new cards! ) felt like being stuck in the middle of the ocean with no food/water and I installed Gwent on my ORIGINAL gog just to mess around with stuff and learn how things work for when my transfer hit. Made sure that the new gog was zero progress so I felt safe.

THEN one morning I woke up and did some reading. Apparently people weren't getting the email, and their stuff was going through before reception of it. I logged on to my new GOG and saw Gwent installed (didn't know it puts Gwent on every account you have when you install...) so I fired that baby up and...................was greeted with the tutorial. Turned on my PS4, to then see an update for Gwent that prepped for transfer.

Things were getting downright coyote ugly with all this, so I said to hell with it. Don't care, give up, I'm just gonna play with my old GOG and collect CC, SY, and IJ all over again (plus ALL my premiums.....leader skins, don't get me started on card backs etc..) just to finally get the entire collection when I finished Merchants. It was so frustrating, particularly with that christmas seasonal, to just not have the cards I needed to defend myself. I started milling. Entire factions were wiped out. To top it all off, I never managed to get the cardinal cardback (oh how I covet that thing). Got every other trinket possible there though! (Not that they do me much good now, lol)

So just the other day I say to myself, it's been a REALLY long time with no email and support told me they could only help me if I get an email. What if I just make ANOTHER gog, and start from square one requesting a transfer again. What have I got to lose, right? I did that on Friday afternoon, and had my transfer early Monday. Unreal. I wanted to slap myself silly for not just doing exactly that way sooner. Whatever, the important thing for me is that the dramatic waiting is finished, I gotta laugh at how mad the whole thing was making me.

So, it sure has been an adventure and I hope everyone learns the lesson here: Don't be like me, be patient and follow instructions! I am essentially the poster child for how NOT to do things like this lol....... Happy it all worked out though, and I suppose thanks are in order to CDPR. It's nice to have my hobby back.

I've put a lot more time into my ps4 gwent account than I have my GoG account. Bc of that, I bought thronebreaker on ps4 which I have yet to beat.

My first question is, do ps4 thronebreaker unlocks still carry over to ps4 gwent during this 6 month freeze? If so I guess I better go back and beat it now.

If not, is there a way to get a voucher to put thronebreaker on my GoG account? I'd like to be able to earn the rest of the thronebreaker cards I paid good money for without having to buy thronebreaker a second time.

Lastly, why no ps4 pc account merging? Time spent on two different platforms is still time spent and rewards earned by the player.

PS: I just played gwent this weekend for the first time in a few months so this whole situation is a bit of a shock.
I just went back into thronebreaker to test if in-game unlocks still transfer to my multiplayer gwent account on ps4. And the answer is . . . No. Thronebreaker unlocks are now blocked with the freeze update.

I'm really bummed, I was really enjoying thronebreaker especially as part of expanding my regular gwent collection but had I ever imagined this, I would have bought it on PC over Ps4. I picked Ps4 at the time because I don't typically game on my laptop unless I'm traveling.

Now I feel like finishing thronebreaker will be kind of a letdown seeing all the cards I would have unlocked in gwent be useless.

You will give the opportunity to close the trophies?
Such as the Traditionalist, Apple of his Eye, Trouper, Deal With The Devil and Dupe the devil.
Will you return the arena and rating mode or correct the conditions for receiving trophies?
You're better of asking the REDs; I've no more information than you do. Just forwarding the news from Twitter.

Hey there,
I've just logged back in my PS account, in which I have something like 20k+ scraps I'd like to keep those, and read that it's now possible to merge an old console account to another already existing GOG account, and you don't need a new one to transfer your things to anymore.
In the FAQ tho, they say if you want to have your console account on an already existing GOG account, all progress of the latter would be lost. Was it an old faq, or it's still the case? If so, would be better for me to transfer the PS account on a fresh gog one rather than the one I'm using these past months.

I have been leisurely playing Gwent and Thronebreaker on my console for the last 6 months or so. I'm nowhere near finishing it and with work, I won't get it done by the time I have to port Gwent away from my Xbox. I'm wondering if my progress on Thronebreaker will continue to apply after the port or will I have to buy another copy of a game I already own (this time on PC)?

Great news on the ability to overwrite. I don't see any option for those of us who made secondary account prior. Is there anything that can be done to get back to a single account for those who copied earlier?

As a Closed Beta player, Windows Store/Plays Anywhere user, then Xbox only, now with the awkward two-account set up... I'm feeling super beat up by how this has unfolded, even though CDPR is clearly trying to do the right thing.

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today
- After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

What progress will be copied:

• All collected ornaments
  • Meteorite Powder — Only applies to Xbox One players*
  • All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

Website is live under this link: https://www.playgwent.com/en/account-copying
Post automatically merged:

Please don't abandon consoles, I would be happy to pay to play on console but if I'm limited to PC/mobile I'll probably just stop playing.

Hi,
Will Gwent be removed from Xbox Microsoft store since online services are not working?

Will you have to buy Thronebreaker for mobile and PC or will one purchase work for both since it will use the same GOG account?

Top Bottom