Update to matchmaking system and leaderboards

+
ScalaRealeMassima;n9021450 said:
Reason why scrap refund for nerfed cards are a terrible idea.

In this way anyone makes the OP deck > nerfed > move to next OP deck

The alternative is far far worse, though. You have to think of the majority of the players, not just those few that rise to the top.

4RM3D;n9023250 said:
The alternative is far far worse, though. You have to think of the majority of the players, not just those few that rise to the top.

What would be the alternative?
Anyway I agree that right now priority is 1 is not game balance or these kind of things.

Thx CDPR for making this game even more frustrating

Sry for english.
Not goin to write all negative things like weather, unfair ratios in kegs for some compared to others, inpossibility to balance game, many bugs and glitches, disconects and many more things. Now you screwed all players by making harder to climb past 2500 mmr. Nice, just nice, now just lost incentive to try climb higher and im sure that affects thousands players as well. Nice CDPR shooting yourself in foot. And the funny thing is that now we will see even more meta shit in ranked cause otherwise not possible to climb. Can't believe how each day i'm loosing hope in Gwent becoming top tier game on market.

Points at the end of the match (ranked)

I just lost 60 to a SK deck in R3 but didn't play my last card. On aniother occasio I was awarded 5 points for winning a match...It seems very random how many points you win or lose. Is it based on units?

s191417nq;n9065300 said:
that's it? no balancing around skellige and moster? god 80% of ladder players play these 2 factions.

Skellige was too strong with a 6 STR Bear...now we have a 7 STR bear :cheers:

s191417nq;n9065300 said:
that's it? no balancing around skellige and moster? god 80% of ladder players play these 2 factions.

That is exactly what I feel and continuously trying to explain to devs. They refuse to reveal dominating players' decs in leaderboard because "that will force other players to mimic top decs". Rubbish. They already do, and OP decs are obvious. And with each patch they "balancing" other factions by nerfing them. Them, not the SK! Looks like most devs are playing SK and have personal interest in the matter. It's a joke, but sad one.

s191417nq;n9065300 said:
Monster weather was destroyed and Savage Bear ONLY hits cards played from hand. For example it wont destroy harpy eggs anymore. SK also got a lot of nerfs on they gold cards

Both of those factions got hit insanely hard so could you explain how they were not balanced at all?

Still seems broken to me and this results in ranking not showing skill. Many high ranking players just have all the cards and can adjust to the meta / decks and since most decks are rather easy it's p2w imo.

Guest 4157120

rctboy95;n9148760 said:
Still seems broken to me and this results in ranking not showing skill. Many high ranking players just have all the cards and can adjust to the meta / decks and since most decks are rather easy it's p2w imo.

Aren't all card games in some way Pay to Win? I'm playing Gwent since (Jan 2017) and I started to be more active player after Public Beta and right now I have more than 60% of all cards + more than 10 000+ scraps ready for craft anything + a lot of duplicates for mill. You just have to be active and you can open each day min. 2 kegs (Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards (175 Ore) + GG, Each 2 wins reward). + season rewards + rank up rewards. I think CDPR is really generous to all players even to F2P :) In other card games like HS you are not able to open 1 pack per day (or it will take much much more time than in Gwent). In HS you are able to open 1 pack per 2.5 days (with quests).

+ Most important question isn't: Get to the better rank but how long you will stay in this rank :) If they are really bad they will drop or they will never get back in next season :)

MaitieS;n9151310 said:
Aren't all card games in some way Pay to Win? I'm playing Gwent since (Jan 2017) and I started to be more active player after Public Beta and right now I have more than 60% of all cards + more than 10 000+ scraps ready for craft anything + a lot of duplicates for mill. You just have to be active and you can open each day min. 2 kegs (Tier 1 and Tier 2 rewards (175 Ore) + GG, Each 2 wins reward). + season rewards + rank up rewards. I think CDPR is really generous to all players even to F2P :) In other card games like HS you are not able to open 1 pack per day (or it will take much much more time than in Gwent). In HS you are able to open 1 pack per 2.5 days (with quests).

+ Most important question isn't: Get to the better rank but how long you will stay in this rank :) If they are really bad they will drop or they will never get back in next season :)

That's true but there aren't a lot of cards yet, yes they are a lot better towards f2p users than other card games but it's still p2w :p Many started in the open beta, bought all the cards and got high ranking because of it which is stupid. Eventually a f2p player will have all the cards but that'll take months.

I open 2/3 kegs every day and have 6000 scrap and 1500 dust myself until one day the meta maybe is good/fun enough to build a deck thats worth it.

Guest 4157120

rctboy95;n9152240 said:
That's true but there aren't a lot of cards yet, yes they are a lot better towards f2p users than other card games but it's still p2w :p Many started in the open beta, bought all the cards and got high ranking because of it which is stupid. Eventually a f2p player will have all the cards but that'll take months.

I open 2/3 kegs every day and have 6000 scrap and 1500 dust myself until one day the meta maybe is good/fun enough to build a deck thats worth it.

You do not need all cards right now just cards which are good for meta + we will have 20 new cards every season (every 2 months).

Guest 4157120

MrRagdoll;n9086570 said:
Monster weather was destroyed and Savage Bear ONLY hits cards played from hand. For example it wont destroy harpy eggs anymore. SK also got a lot of nerfs on they gold cards

Both of those factions got hit insanely hard so could you explain how they were not balanced at all?

At least we can still play SK discard deck :)

MaitieS;n9153730 said:
You do not need all cards right now just cards which are good for meta + we will have 20 new cards every season (every 2 months).

Which takes scrap / real money and since most are f2p its hard to keep up with the meta. Sure some cards you can refund if they are nerfed but they don't include the cards that get hurt because of it. Resulting in less scrap you have for the following meta.

Guest 4157120

rctboy95;n9153790 said:
Which takes scrap / real money and since most are f2p its hard to keep up with the meta. Sure some cards you can refund if they are nerfed but they don't include the cards that get hurt because of it. Resulting in less scrap you have for the following meta.

And that's good because everyone will scrap 80% of collection from last hotfix... Try to play HS. You are not able to cache up with last expansion and next is coming in couple of weeks... People are still complaining about everything... Jesus.

Top Bottom