Update your drivers!

+
I had nothing but random crashes every 10-15 mins with the nvidia drivers that were launched the day of the game. I had to switch to the studio drivers in order to get the game to not crash like that. I get very rare crashes the last few days maybe 2-3 but games still running fine ill just wait till the next patch for the game or the next nvida driver.

i9 9900k
gtx 1080
32g ddr4 ram
OS and game on SSD

Hi Choombas!

Nvidia and AMD have just released their new drivers updates. For the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077, make sure to download and install them before jumping into the game!

this ruined it for me...

Attachments

• 20201213155321_1.jpg
    20201213155321_1.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 20201213160112_1.jpg
    20201213160112_1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 226
So... I did as suggested and upgraded my Radeon RX Vega... Now my PC won't boot... Won't even get close to windows, just gets past bios and goes into a black screen and then loops back to the Bios... Attempting to download a new boot version of windows to see if that fixes my PC... Great start... Should have known better than to upgrade my graphics with the state of AMD's driver updates lately.
Ran into the same issue with the game ready drivers for from GeForce Experience. Got halfway through the install and total black screen. Reboot and it went to windows recovery options. When I just let it soft reboot or load windows it went right back to black screen. Had to restore a factory image to even get back to my desktop. I'm a little gun-shy at this point when it comes to driver updates. I mean... not even being able to display the desktop and having to factory restore... that's not OK.

Downloaded the 460.89 driver for my 3080. I think this driver made a huge performance boost. I notice that i now can run the game with all settings at max at 1440p with decent FPS. The driver was released 12.15.2020

I installed the Nvidia drivers 460.89 and was able to start the game for the very first time ever. Before I only had the flatline crashes. Played for about two hours without any real problems and it was running quite well on medium settings on my GTX 970.
Now some hours later I wanted to start the game again and I am back to the flatline crash at start! I didn't change anything except that the PC was shutdown inbetween. Tried reinstalling the drivers without success. It's frustrating, these two hours were so nice and I can't understand why it won't start now.

I downloaded an AMD performance patch for my game, plus this patch from NVidia, and now my performance is up from 40's-55 in the city, to 50's-65, and the important thing is that resolution now matters...

EDIT: Ryzen 9 3900x/GTX 1080/64Gb DDR4 2400/850 evo 1TB SSD

460.89 made 10fps drop . 1080ti, 2k ,medium it was 40-50 fps, but now its 35-40 . i will restore old driver. hope it will be fine.

just wanted to say i had a 1080ti card and i was running the game at 1080p ultra settings and fps was like 65-80 and it was buttery smooth with vsync but i suffered from the grass bug

so i downloaded nvidia 460.89 driver latest driver , the one supposedly tailored for cyberpunk and voila the grass bug was fixed 😀

but the game fps dropped to 50-58 frames with tons of stuttering and it is unplayable now 😁

good job nvidia , scumbags that want us to update our gpus deliberately

i regret updating my gpu driver and i forgot what version it was !!

Hey, peeps!
Good news for everyone on "green team"... The last nVidia driver (461.09) really helped performance.
I went from 45-55fps on foot and 25-35fps driving to 60-80 and 55-60 - respectively.
RTX 3070 @ 1080p all max settings. I got screen-tearing all of a sudden and was wondering wtf happened at first :LOL:

I followed this advice from someone else, and it was not the best for my special case. My machine is officially under-qualified for the game, so that is probably why I was more tempted. I rolled back the driver to my previously installed version because the new driver broke old games that required palletized color. I wonder if leaving the new Physx drivers has left me with any advantage. Turning on extension limits, disconnecting from the internet, and leaving Galaxy out of the picture have all seemed to help prevent crashes while I play in Night City. { i7, gtx680, 20g RAM, Game on platter, OS on SSD}

2080ti ftw3 here, I install the 461.40, no good, the game made my PC freeze multiple times, GPU fan at 100% no image, all dead, but the OS was still running (checked in the network), so i downgrade for the 461.90, had to make a scan to fix corrupted files in the OS and CP2077, now everything is fine, so for me, i will still be with the 461.90.

Cool, will update my drivers, thanks.

On another note: Game has basically worked fine (as in, technically)) for me since day one. No DLSS issues, no need for compatibility mode (why would anyone do that). The ultrawide support definitely needs work, but it's playable.

But, then, my specs definitely are good enough and - to be extra helpful, so people can figure out whether any issues they have might be environmental, my specs are in my sig.

Top Bottom