Update your drivers!

+

Hi Choombas!

Nvidia and AMD have just released their new drivers updates. For the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077, make sure to download and install them before jumping into the game!

lada_

Forum regular
Just letting you know I followed all the support suggestions for launching the game. Now I had to uninstall the game and GOG Galaxy. Hoping to be able to get it launched this time. :-/
(I meet all the specs as well as have plenty of storage space on the comp; nvidia drivr updated; C++ updated...).

I don't know if anyone else had my problem, but I had random crashes every few minutes. I found a fix that worked for me if anyone is looking.

Even if your GPU has ray tracing capabilities disable ray tracing. That fixed my random gpu crashes.

I have updated my drivers, the fact of the matter the game isn't optimised. My specs are good enough for 2077, I have to play on low just to have a decent experience.
Just saying, updated drivers aren't the true issue at hand. GeForce Experience can't optimise the game which is telling.

Just letting you know I followed all the support suggestions for launching the game.

I'm stuck in the same boat. The game won't launch no matter what I do, even after following all the recommended steps, and my system is above the RT recommended specs. :(

~Ions

And turn off any form of overlays you use, ie Steam Overlay and Discord Overlay.

And set your game to compatibility mode for windows 8.

Then maybe, JUST maybe, you'll get past the first loading screen without a crash. Wouldn't wanna be too outrageous and make a game on Steam compatible with Steam or anything.

Thank You all VERY VERY MUCH. It's work after update drivers. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou. GG for All

Hi Choombas!

Nvidia and AMD have just released their new drivers updates. For the best experience with Cyberpunk 2077, make sure to download and install them before jumping into the game!
Is there any word on the fix for Nvidia Surround? Can't really play the game with half a skill tree, or half an inventory, or half the dialogue options.

I have updated all my drivers and the game still wont work, unless I use the AVX workaround. When can we expect a fix for this issue?

Thx for any info.

Okay so I just figured this one out. Once you update your drivers, in order for DLSS to actually take effect you have to go into the Cyberpunk settings and change something so that it asks you to "apply" that change. Once you hit "apply" then the DLSS will actually work. Otherwise you'll be changing your DLSS setting but notice no difference. so for example:

Update drivers
Go into Cyberpunk settings
Change your screen resolution down/up. 1440 -> 1080 it doesn't matter as long as it asks you to "apply"
Hit Apply...Now DLSS will take effect!
Switch back to your native resolution and apply DLSS, you should notice a huge difference

Guest 4454648

Hi Choombas!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Here is why https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...e-46079-game-ready-driver-feedback-thread-re/

NVIDIA has not been able to release a "working" driver sense 452.06 witch am currently running with great performance. Sure I get the texture issues in the game now and then but I rather have that then cut my performance in half and that's only one issue. Any driver after the one mention is a killer for any card after GTX 1080. Don't take my word for it, read the thread(s).

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Here is why https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...e-46079-game-ready-driver-feedback-thread-re/

NVIDIA has not been able to release a "working" driver sense 452.06 witch am currently running with great performance. Sure I get the texture issues in the game now and then but I rather have that then cut my performance in half and that's only one issue. Any driver after the one mention is a killer for any card after GTX 1080. Don't take my word for it, read the thread(s).

Sooooo yeah actually no.
First: If this would be true, you would find many threads alone just by searching the driver version number.
Second: Look at these youtube comments:
Its pretty clear that there are always people saying that the new version is sh*t and they roll back to an older one..

From what I have seen over the years, people like you always come out and this may have several issues and I would say its definetely not safe to assume that its the driver or nvidia doing something bad :D

I'd say its a faulty driver installation or something, try installing with DDU ;)

Sooo in the end the issue most likely lays somewhere else..

I got 60fps (capped) on my RTX2070S, 3700X with 21:9 WQHD and DLSS on Quality, Graphics on High (Newest drivers and also older drivers without any graphic glitches, but I dont know which version that was)

So... I did as suggested and upgraded my Radeon RX Vega... Now my PC won't boot... Won't even get close to windows, just gets past bios and goes into a black screen and then loops back to the Bios... Attempting to download a new boot version of windows to see if that fixes my PC... Great start... Should have known better than to upgrade my graphics with the state of AMD's driver updates lately.

Guest 4454648

Sooooo yeah actually no.
First: If this would be true, you would find many threads alone just by searching the driver version number.
Second: Look at these youtube comments:
Its pretty clear that there are always people saying that the new version is sh*t and they roll back to an older one..

From what I have seen over the years, people like you always come out and this may have several issues and I would say its definetely not safe to assume that its the driver or nvidia doing something bad :D

I'd say its a faulty driver installation or something, try installing with DDU ;)

Sooo in the end the issue most likely lays somewhere else..

I got 60fps (capped) on my RTX2070S, 3700X with 21:9 WQHD and DLSS on Quality, Graphics on High (Newest drivers and also older drivers without any graphic glitches, but I dont know which version that was)

Hahahaha ppl like me? there's only one of me, the end.

The last couple of games are unplayable with the latest drivers. So it by experience and confirmation (reading the feedback threads on the NVIDIA forums) so you off by a mile dude ...

I use "NVCleanstall" and DDU. I've tried multiply drivers and again, am not alone. I guess you didn't read on the NVIDIA forum just put your BS out there.

Hahahaha ppl like me? there's only one of me, the end.

The last couple of games are unplayable with the latest drivers. So it by experience and confirmation (reading the feedback threads on the NVIDIA forums) so you off by a mile dude ...

I use "NVCleanstall" and DDU. I've tried multiply drivers and again, am not alone. I guess you didn't read on the NVIDIA forum just put your BS out there.

I have read the thread you linked, I scrolled through it and nothing mentions something similar to your post, just standard problems which you will find in any driver release. (Maybe deep within the thread, but whats the point then?)
Maybe you should take a closer look at the youtube comments for your driver version, same thing just other users

Okay then still the issue may lay somewhere else, have you tried a clean windows setup?
Also you said "Any driver after the one mention is a killer for any card after GTX 1080. Don't take my word for it, read the thread(s)."
Got a 2070S which is after the 1080 and never had problems, used the 970 before which is even before the 1080 and never had problems with driver installations until the card died
So thats why I am putting my "BS" out here, your points are very very personal and most likely lay somewhere else...

Guest 4454648

I have read the thread you linked, I scrolled through it and nothing mentions something similar to your post, just standard problems which you will find in any driver release. (Maybe deep within the thread, but whats the point then?)
Maybe you should take a closer look at the youtube comments for your driver version, same thing just other users

Okay then still the issue may lay somewhere else, have you tried a clean windows setup?
Also you said "Any driver after the one mention is a killer for any card after GTX 1080. Don't take my word for it, read the thread(s)."
Got a 2070S which is after the 1080 and never had problems, used the 970 before which is even before the 1080 and never had problems with driver installations until the card died
So thats why I am putting my "BS" out here, your points are very very personal and most likely lay somewhere else, so maybe think about whats the real "BS" here :p

Thanks for the suggestion but this is not my first rodeo. Read the threads, not thread. You will be overwhelmed by negative feedback on the latest drivers, you can't miss it.

I won't have this convo with you. If the latest drivers works good for you, great. It does not hower for the lot of us.

I've just posted a thread on working settings using my hardware. Running i7-6700k and GTX 1080 @ 1080p 50 MHz smooth as butter I could install the latest drivers and provide feedback but I won't. I trust that the many are correct in there feedback, bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, what about for the people playing on console having problems?
I can't even play the game anymore because every time I get inside the condo in "The Hiest" jackie disappears and it won't progress past me getting the chip. And apparently the only way around it is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

CDPR released a game stating it was working great and that there were no issues like this. The last month of delay (according to the devs) was supposed to be for POLISHING, NOT because they still had game-breaking glitches plaguing it.
Haven't even seen a response from the Devs to address these issues, let alone anything to suggest they're actually working on them.

I had hope that they would be able to actually make a good game. I even praised CDPR on all the delays they did because they didn't want to release a piece of crap. They don't want to be another Bethesda or EA, just feeding you crap because it makes them money. They wanted to change the gaming industry and show that there are still people out there that strive to make a quality product. I thought they might succeed with all the good shit I've been hearing about the game prior to release.
And yet here we are... Being lied to by yet another game company throughout the release just to be sold the exact opposite.

I loved what little of the game I got to play, it was great loading it up(for about the first hour til it crashed). But since then it's been an unplayable mess in it's current condition.

That being said, I'm not mad at CDPR, just disappointed...

Unfortunately for me the new Drivers are broken ...

Now not only I am not able to play the game without having everything in Low to get a decent avg Frame ratio on 1440p with my Gaming Trio 1080ti OCed and 8700K @ 5Ghz but on top of everything else the new drivers also brought the Cyberpunk Glitches with them ... making my monitor start randomly flickering which forced me to rollback my drivers to the previous version (the monitor is a PG279Q).

Hopefully either the game will be finally "released" until April 21 optimised and bugs/glitches free or I will eventually get a 3080 to be able to play it as it is supposed to be played :D

Until then ... the 460.79 only made things worse for me :S

Top Bottom