Update your NVIDIA drivers!

+
Recent NVIDIA drivers seriously impact game performance.
I normally update my NVIDIA graphics drivers as soon as they are rolled out, but the last two releases (461.40 and 461.72) seriously mess up with the graphics of Cyberpunk 2077 - I had to downgrade to 461.09 to get a normal behavior. It would be great if the developers looked into this and complained to NVIDIA about these issues.

Like what specifically? Are you sure you are not experiencing degraded performance due to some memory leak?
I have the 461.72 release and it works with no problems whatsoever. I own a 3080.

The latest driver has reset all custom 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
(Edit: I guess I did a clean-install...)

Make sure to enable these settings if you want to improve image quality and performance:

nv1.png nv2.png nv3.png

nv4.png nv5.png nv6.png

Last edited:
New GeForce Game Ready Driver available! :)

PS.: Don't forget to update other parts of your hardware! Keep your BIOS up-to-date! ;)

I havent updated yet but will when i cba ^^ Hade problems with 471.xx but fixed for me after i formated my pc so think there was something else going on that the nvidia drivers made worse or something.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

From what I read, the 471.11 was not great (even garbage...). So you are certainly not alone.
But maybe the 471.68 could be better :)
Don't know about that one, but I did update the driver when Mass Effect LE came out (466.27) and all it did is causing me flickering issues with headlights in Cyberpunk 2077, so I reverted to 460.79.

Patch 1.5 has added and option for DLSS Sharpening in the settings. There are also two options for image sharpening: via Control Panel, and via GFE Freestyle.

Last edited:
View attachment 11073026

Wake the f*ck up, Samurai! We have drivers to update. Our friends from NVIDIA have a present for the PC players planning to dive into Night City on release day. Make sure you install their newest drivers (460.79) before jumping in!
This deserves a bump. Patch 1.51 was unplayable without an NVidia river update. On what system? Lookup the recommended specs to run 4K, raytraced at launch - exactly that. Update your drivers already.

So far the only change I've noticed is that my video memory usage is about 2GB lower, while recording.

driver 512.59 vram.png

The latest driver has reset all custom 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
(Edit: I guess I did a clean-install...)

Make sure to enable these settings if you want to improve image quality and performance:

View attachment 11225648 View attachment 11225651 View attachment 11225654

View attachment 11225657 View attachment 11225660 View attachment 11225663

These are good settings I guess if you have a G-SYNC Compatible display. I don't have one, unfortunately. I did change my maximum framerates to 360 but nothing changed at all. I also fixed the anisotropic filtering to 16X manually but that didn't make any difference. All in all, I think that the game still needs to be correctly optimized for RTX graphics cards. Cyberpunk is the only game where my framerates on 3440x1440p display are around 45. It doesn't matter if the settings are on Ultra, Medium, or Low with RTX enabled. When I turn it off, there is a slight jump to maybe 60 framerates.

I just updated my 3090ti with the latest Nvidia driver and the whole map in game messed up. it Glitched and really bright... so i tried everything even reinstalled but in the end i had to go back to the previous driver for the game to work

The map is screwed but the RT performance uplift is crazy. I'm seeing a massive increase in my 1% lows and can now run around in combat with RT Lighting = Psycho and that was in not possible in anyway, shape or form on the previous driver without soul crushing dives down to 10 fps.

Its not at all subtle or situational. Its highly noticeable even without a framerate counter overlay.

Edit: rip thread necro.

I just updated my 3090ti with the latest Nvidia driver and the whole map in game messed up. it Glitched and really bright... so i tried everything even reinstalled but in the end i had to go back to the previous driver for the game to work
Some Chooms on Discord had the same issue. Rolling back to the previous driver solved it for them, too.

That's not a solution! First they tease you with FPS increase, then you get it, but there's a catch - a game breaking bug. Then they tell you to roll back the driver. This torture will never end.

Top Bottom