Update your NVIDIA drivers!

+
Nvidia can only be kidding. They released a driver that increased performance reasonably well; however it "breaks" the map. And suggest reverting to the previous driver.
Pffff...
"Congratulations" to Nvidia, one of the most roguish companies in the computer world. Well, that company (which is a leader in the VGA market) today canceled the 12GB RTX4080. And I emphasize: DLSS 3.0 is not via hardware..., but software. But they want to sell the RTX4090..., at absurd prices. And worse: there are people who will buy.

Another interesting read. I never install new drivers when they are first available for this very reason. Still running 516.94 and after all of this I'll just wait for a while. Nor do I install Nvidea GeForce Experience.

As for the 'new' 4090 series, I'm totally amazed at how many folks are out there waiting get this thing, and in some case, literally. Speaking for myself, yeah, the specs are some what amazing but the 'cons' seem to outweigh the good (in my opinion). First and foremost is the power supply concerns and in order to install this beast properly, you really should purchase a power supply equipped with the new 12VHWPR connector that can provide up to 600W over a single cable rather then using adapters. Then there is physical size of this beast, ouch! I'll wait on this one too, I'm just not willing to melt the plastic in order to make such a purchase just because it is a new GPU.

Presently I'm running a Zotac RTX 3060 (not Ti) / 12 GB GDDR6 and while it's not what I really wanted at the time, it does quite well. It handles my graphics work / 3D rendering and my gaming better then I had expected. I hope this Fall I'll upgrade (again) and purchase an RTX 3080 or maybe a 3080 Ti. So for you folks who will get a new 4090, hope you will let us know how that goes, should be interesting and I hope it works out well for you.

Last edited:
Is there any concrete proof that applying the map fix provided by nvidia will also make you lose the fps gained with this new driver release?

Anyway these drivers are not causing the bug, they exposed it. There is some issue in the map's code.

Is there any concrete proof that applying the map fix provided by nvidia will also make you lose the fps gained with this new driver release?

Anyway these drivers are not causing the bug, they exposed it. There is some issue in the map's code.
I've lost ~half of the performance gains of v522.25 by applying the fix.

517.48: avg 63fps
522.25 without fix: avg 69fps
522.25 with fix: avg 66fps

Still a free 5% performance increase, which is nothing to sneeze at imo.

Thank you for reporting that. Well I will keep the map glitched. I have finished the game 3 times already so I don't need it that much. Besides, you can still see the markers on it, which is what counts the most if you wanna fast travel or go somewhere.

to be honest , its good for player you don't want wait the update fix from ndvia , next uppdate driver but their solution make your fps worst ..
we can also rollback on older driver pilot , but this 522.25 build is quite performand on all other games too , like as Cyberpunk , don't expect some crazy boost fps but , in game its more smoolthy , less frame lag / .. last driver i was above 8/9 ms per frame heavy big jump over 24ms , .. my low fps , was half of my average fps ..
this driver get your fps more steady with less input lag , or hevay drop fps .
i notice , the sharpeness dlss works better

so i tryed the fix from Ndvia on 522.25 drivers , but even its works , this build drivers 'having somthing wrong Cyberpunk 2077 , i getting crazy temp now on both CPU and GPU .

on 517.48
temp on my custom setting graphics in game :
- CPU above 83 / peak at 91 °c ( Load 60% above )
- GPU above 67 / peak at 72 °C ( Load 100% )

on 522.25
- CPU above 90¨C , peak at 93°C
- GPU above 74 °C , peak at 77¨C

my config i7 10750h rtx 2060 16Go 2933Mhz Ram , SSD Nmve 2.0

i'll do more test based on deflaut control ndvia panel ( setup quaity shader by default , otpimal performance ) and use the Ge Force experience optimized setting

this really wierd i know , CPU and GPU can go hight temp but playing on laptop , overheating issues can really impact my gameplay and lifespan of my PC :)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090, driver v532.03, graphics Quick Preset - Ray Tracing: Overdrive.

Noticing this particular woodgrain material looking a little crazy in both the Corpo Plaza and Glen apartments.
cyberpunk_2077_rt_woodgrain.png

Non-stop crashes and no fix worked. Even with the new drivers. So, refunded as well. Tired of waiting for this POS game to sort itself out.

I sincerely dunno how some are having issues and others aren't, but then again, I'm not tech-savvy. My laptop is quite old and is handling the game just fine on ultra settings... :shrug:

Put in a ticket to CDPR. Also, did you update mods if you are using them? Verify game files? A fresh install?
for those using mods before
for a "clean/fresh install"
- delete all cache files
- unisntall redmods
- if you're using any mods manager , like as Vortex , delete your profile on this mod manager for the game (
- if you're using Ndvia gpu , go ndvia panel , delete cache size and restart you pc
- check any left over cache/temps linked to mods ( usually on nexus mods , all pathway 're listed to unlnstall mods
- create back of your save , delete all current save , and start on a new save
install now your game , after installing , verify integrity file ( some few rare times even after the dl its miss some few files

on technical forum , there's a post to explain all of these in details :)

After updating to the latest Nvidia Drivers, (Ver. 546.29) and updating to Update 2.1, I've noticed that the textures for SSR, Pathtracing, and the LOD is slow, and not rendering enough. The textures on roads are pixelated, blurred out.

There seems to also be less detail in Kabuki, Near Arasaka tower, and a lot of other places. I love playing CP, but I really hope they address the graphical issues first.

My specs:

CPU: i9-9900k
GPU: RTX 3070ti
RAM: 32GB

After updating nvidia driver, windows update, and reboot.
Cyberpunk launching is very slow and cpu up to 90-95%.
I load my save and game crash, three times.
Yesterday no problem.
Nice job guys ... (n)

Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x0.

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x22F48382E2D.

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x30.

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x365B46D84A1.

Windows 11,
I9 13900K, RTX 4080,
MSI Z690 Torpedo, 64 GB DDR5 5200 MHz,
Game in SSD Samsung M2 990 Pro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom