Update your NVIDIA drivers!

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
EozNnmxWEAEXaJL.jpg

Wake the f*ck up, Samurai! We have drivers to update. Our friends from NVIDIA have a present for the PC players planning to dive into Night City on release day. Make sure you install their newest drivers (460.79) before jumping in!

Seems that those drivers are buggy for a lot of people in regard to what's in the nvidia forums ...
Will try without it then see how it goes

I bought an 48inch lg oled tv for this game but could not get a new decent graphics card what the best setting for my rig i have a i5 9gen chip with 32gb ram and a 1660 super any help would be good ty in advance.

Got my NVIDIA Drivers updated and ready to go! Looking forward to this. Thanks for the heads up!

Game is totally broken for me, would love some help. I run the new AMD 5800x and a GTX1080 (waiting for 3080 when they exist to purchase) 32GB of 3200mhz RAM and game is installed on nvme m.2. I've updated drivers to latest version and I get and average of 50fps on low preset, 40fps on medium preset, 30fps on high preset all at 1440p and the game looks like Outer Worlds on low settings, looks terrible. I've had friends send screenshots of their game looking amazing at 90fps+ with similar PC scecs. My GPU is only on 10-20% usage when in game and this is going to be why i get very low frames and the game looks like it's half loaded. I'm currently reinstalling the game which takes ages as it's 60GB. CDPR please help

Last edited:
Game ran fine for me with the previous drivers and didn't seem much different to me if at all with the new one.

is there any driver for NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 with Max-Q Design (Asus Zephyrus G14)? All I can see in notebook drivers is 2060 ? Or is it the same?

yes most definitely , i was getting bleeding effect from trees and bushes first few sec in the game .

didnt do a dam think i cant even launch the game
Post automatically merged:

Game is totally broken for me, would love some help. I run the new AMD 5800x and a GTX1080 (waiting for 3080 when they exist to purchase) 32GB of 3200mhz RAM and game is installed on nvme m.2. I've updated drivers to latest version and I get and average of 50fps on low preset, 40fps on medium preset, 30fps on high preset all at 1440p and the game looks like Outer Worlds on low settings, looks terrible. I've had friends send screenshots of their game looking amazing at 90fps+ with similar PC scecs. My GPU is only on 10-20% usage when in game and this is going to be why i get very low frames and the game looks like it's half loaded. I'm currently reinstalling the game which takes ages as it's 60GB. CDPR please help
mines a Ryzen 7 3700x, GTX1080, 32GB of 3200mhz RAM and SSD Drives

Last edited:
I have good fps but when i go to analysis mode or look at item oh the ground my fps drops to 10
so any ui sprite besides hp, weapon etc.(those which you see all the time) lowers my fps

DC9V

Forum veteran
(I'm willing to update this, let me know if you got settings that work out well.)

Links:
Thread: Performance Issues
Game Crashes - Support
Contact Technical Support
  1. Install Cyberpunk 2077 on an SSD (you can find 128gb second hand for 15$)
  2. If you want to play on Ultra:
    1. skip Ray Tracing for now. A patch might be on its way.
    2. Set DLSS to OFF, quality, or balanced. Don't use AUTO and don't use one of the performance modes.
    3. If you set resolution to 1080p or lower, set DLSS to OFF, otherwise it looks blurry.
    4. Only use the DLSS performance modes for 4K and 8K on big monitors / TVs.
  3. Make sure Vsync is disabled
  4. Set the powerplan of your PC to High Performance
    1. Search and open Control panel
    2. Click Power options
    3. Set it to High Performance or AMD Ryzen High Performance
  5. Enable the real full-screen mode (This can lower FPS, please compare at medium settings without RayTracing)
    1. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64, or
      1. Open Steam, Right-click on Rocket League, click Properties
      2. go to the "Local Files" tab and click browse local files
    2. right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, click on properties and Compatibility
    3. Disable full-screen optimizations
    4. go to in-game-settings and choose full-screen-mode
  6. Use MSI Afterburner to make sure your GPU fans are spinning
    1. enable "Apply at Windows Startup"
      View attachment 11074793
    2. Force fan speed update on each period (can increase CPU-usage) if fan curve cannot be applied. Make sure to set curve for both fans, and also activate auto mode for both fans. Keeping your GPU cool is necessary to avoid crashing and throttling.
      View attachment 11074388
  7. optimize RAM timings
    1. Download DRAM calculator
    2. Follow Steve's guide
    3. Go to your UEFI / BIOS and set timings (like in that video, set the command rate to 1, or 1T)
  8. CPU Priority
    1. In Windows, after launching Cyberpunk, tab out and open Task Manager.
    2. Go to details tab, right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, set priority to high
    3. It won't save this setting, you want to do this every time you start playing. (It doesn't do much tho and it can also cause crashing, but it might give you some extra performance.)
  9. Optimize CPU performance (Ryzen)
    1. Go to Bios, there you have two ways of overclocking:
      1. manually OC your cpu by setting a multiplier and adjusting the voltage. Precision Boost overdrive needs to be turned OFF.
      2. Alternatively, enable Precision Boost overdrive and SMT without setting the multiplier. CPU will automatically overclock.
    2. Adjust CPU fan curve to keep temps below 85°C. Also check Chipset and System Fan curve.
  10. Check for driver updates:
    Chipset ; GPU ; Windows ; Monitor
  11. Enable Gsync or Freesync and optimize other gpu settings
    1. Go to your gpu control panel
    2. (NVIDIA) click Manage 3d settings and go to Program settings, select or add Cyberpunk2077.exe
      1. Monitor Technology: G-sync
      2. Preferred refresh rate: Highest available
      3. Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
      4. Low latency Mode: On (Don't set it to Ultra)
      5. Texture filtering: Quality, performance or high performance
      6. Make sure Vsync is set to application controlled

I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but the drivers, as far as NVIDIA's job, aren't that great. On top of that, the game really needs MAJOR changes in how the world is rendered/loaded, mostly inside the city. It's really unacceptable that a RTX 2060 Super can't really keep stable framerates, going down to 20 FPS in some occasions and rarely reaching more than 40 FPS. Doesn't matter much what graphics options I choose, the difference is minimal and not really worth the loss in visual fidelity.

Please, devote yourselves into fixing this 1st before creating new content for the game, please.

Just got a refund, will play it in 2 years when they actually finish it. I know the content in the game will be great and im disappointed I can't experience that but it is more than just a patch or two away from being anywhere close to acceptable performance. The frame rate and general pop in of everything is horrendous and just ruins the whole experience. If you have a 2070 or higher which can DLSS you should be just fine at 1080p and sketchy at 1440p. If your GPU can't do DLSS then don't even bother trying. The game totally relies on it rn which is no good

Top Bottom