[UPDATED] Changes to GWENT’s economy and full mill value refund policy

+
Believe you me - they thought of this VERY WELL and in great depth.
Perhaps. If they deliberately chose this whole thing to play out as it has though, then they chose to sacrifice hard-earned goodwill built up over many years for very little in return. Seems short-sighted if so.

About the silence - they've actually never talked, so if you are new around here - get used to it.
Not new, been around since the start. They certainly don't say much nowadays, but before the Midwinter update they were much more open. Rethaz in particular used to be very informative. The regular Dev streams were useful too. I think some of the backlash in the past made them more reluctant to share as openly. It's a shame, I enjoyed hearing what their thought processes were regarding the game.

Had a good laugh here. :D
:)

Not sure if I read it correctly, but I do not get powder from milling premiums anymore?
So far I did not get any, but not sure if it is a bug or working as intended.

Last edited:
Do you know (CDPR), that all cards that are not millable (like eskel, vesemir, lambert for example) cannot be transformed into premium cards? No one will be able to get them if he does not find them in a keg.
It's a bug.

Why refund closed beta cards with scrap then? So that you can screw people over later on? OMG. What do I need 250k scrap for? Thought about checking out new patch after playing HC for a week or two on release and deciding to wait for improvements. It seems like there's no longer any point to do that.

Last edited:
Why refund closed beta cards with scrap then? So that you can screw people over later on? OMG. What do I need 250k scrap for? Thought about checking out new patch after playing HC for a week or two on release and deciding to wait for improvements. It seems like there's no longer any point to do that.

IS being able to spend heaps of scraps the only reason you beta players play the game anymore? Like what is the thought process here? You sign in daily just to spend few thousands of scraps and then close the game? Am I missing something here? Are you guys really complaining about having too much scrap? Is this what Twilight zone looks like?

:LOL:
nice reply aiat; I think some players just complain cause it`s "in" to bash gwent. Instead they should remember: they can sink huge amounts of scraps into the next expansion.
[Nope.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we now tolerating open disrespect of beta players?

We get it, CDPR has other priorities. Not a problem. No need to even say thanks for playing. We had our fun, that's thanks enough.

But I find it a bit insensitive to turn people who supported CDPR all throughout into some sort of meme. The lazy scrap-hoarding players who just logs in to bash Gwent with the rest of his entitled generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an open beta player (essentially from the start), who spent ~500 hours and a bunch of money on the game, this is certainly the last decision of CDPR that convinces me of never returning to Gwent.

After reading about all the positive updates to the mulligan system, the leader provisions and many of the problematic cards (Lemmens etc.) of the initial Homecoming release, I decided to retry Gwent, which has always been a game that I loved, and which has kept me motivated for a long time. I played during all the problematic times (Spies, Axemen, Midwinter, content drought) until the initial Homecoming release, which just wasn't the game that I used to love. I left the game 2-3 months ago with approximately 650k scraps and 20% of the collection crafted in premium versions with the idea in mind that I might be able to return in future, as soon as sufficient changes to the game version have been made. When I started the game today and tried to craft a full premium Shupe Emhyr deck, I discovered that I can't use all the amassed scraps to craft premium cards anymore. While I understand the general decision from a financial perspective, it is incredibly dishonest to the loyal customers, such as myself, who spent not only time but considerable sums of money to obtain a full premium collection in open beta. I bought powder for >150 €, which I used to generate premium cards and before Homecoming release, we were promised to be able to recraft all those premium cards with the resources provided to us after the wipe. While this was of course CDPRs generosity, I expected such a promise to be fulfilled or at least a refund of the resources, generated by spending money on the game. If all this is on a time limit, this has to be made clear to the customer directly instead of in a post on the game homepage, which can easily be missed. Now, I am stuck with a ridiculous amount of scraps, which I will probably never be able to use and I can't re-craft the desired premium cards making me enjoy the game significantly less.

As much as I loved the game and hoped it would succeed, breaking these promises targeting long-term, loyal customers is unacceptable and disrespectful. A fine change would have been to not allow scraps to be used to craft the premium version of cards coming in future expansions, but touching the base card pool, which I would have been able to craft if I had come back two weeks earlier is just stupid and the end to this game for me.

It´s a bit easy to accuse somebody else for your own actions; money invest in a beta is always a risky thing. They could have closed the servers at any point and all of us would have lost everything. At a future timepoint, this will be the case anyway. And taking a break from the game in the phase of transition ... you have to expect a lot of changes on all levels of a game as a result.
But I understand that realising a loss of something is bad.
So my advise: let the anger fade away (you had hundreds of hours of fun for your money); try some games of gwent with the new ruleset: they are heading in a good direction.
And think about all the new cards you can create when the expansion will hit in march.

See you (hopefully) on the battlefield.

Opinions on this topic vary a lot, which is understandable and perfectly fine. What isn't fine is being rude towards/attacking others because of their opinion. Doesn't matter if you've been playing for two years, two months, two weeks, or two days; you are expected to treat others with kindness and respect as per the forum rules.

Some deletions and edits have taken place.

I think it would be nice if the standard set, i.e all the premium cards that currently are in the game, would be craftable through scraps. If devs have long time horizon with gwent, then there should be no problem allowing beta players to waste all these precious resources.

I think it would be nice if the standard set, i.e all the premium cards that currently are in the game, would be craftable through scraps. If devs have long time horizon with gwent, then there should be no problem allowing beta players to waste all these precious resources.

I don't know. TO be perfectly honest, I think this is a problem that is not really an issue right now. This might get deleted again, but honestly is thinking about what people should do with how many hundred thousand scraps is the biggest thing Gwent needs now? To my eyes they are essentially doing a fresh beta for the game and "what should I do with my mountains of scraps" is the last thing they should focus on.

... "what should I do with my mountains of scraps" is the last thing they should focus on.
Funny how they actually did something about it, when they did scrapped our collections for one currency and than suddenly announced change in the game's economy. I'm all laughter.

IS being able to spend heaps of scraps the only reason you beta players play the game anymore? Like what is the thought process here? You sign in daily just to spend few thousands of scraps and then close the game? Am I missing something here? Are you guys really complaining about having too much scrap? Is this what Twilight zone looks like?

Might seem strange to someone who doesn't have much scrap but there is a different perspective there to try to understand.

Long time players don't want to just buy base cards. They deserve to spend their resources on premium cards because that's what they were able to do before. Being stuck with just scrap only for regular cards is an issue.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know. TO be perfectly honest, I think this is a problem that is not really an issue right now. This might get deleted again, but honestly is thinking about what people should do with how many hundred thousand scraps is the biggest thing Gwent needs now? To my eyes they are essentially doing a fresh beta for the game and "what should I do with my mountains of scraps" is the last thing they should focus on.

Not a good idea to tell other people how to feel about something.

Haven't played the game since this change hit, I didn't know it was coming because they only stated it on the website and not in game where I do bother to look at news and updates.
Doesn't look like a change is incoming, I agree with other posters that they should make base set premiums still craftable with scrap and enforce this dust only rule on future sets.
I just deleted the games short cut, I have no intention of ever playing again unless something is done. And this is a game I very much enjoyed and logged 600+ hours in.

Have you contacted game support about the things you've bought with euro? I've heard they can help you out with these.

I'm more afraid of future resets, since now you can not craft premiums with scrap, I managed to craft alot premiums before the crafting changes.
But this feels like a slap to customers who spent money on it (not everyone can stay up to date). I hope they realize that they weaken the trust of customers. What is the point owning cards, when they can take them away from you, they should rather call it rent a card (in cdpr defense it was beta and could change, but in the customers defense, you are selling a "product").

Just think if someone had full premium collection in beta (probably spent huge amount of money), then later all his collection is turned to scraps, that can not be used to craft premiums :/). Even IF they could fix that, it would be an inconvenience.

From a bushiness perspective I guess it is good, I assume the sale on meteorite powder went up. But from my perspective it is another attempt to shake more money out of customer (but I am too cynical, maybe they changed crafting so you could feel a sense of accomplishment/pride, for obtaining a premium...)

Top Bottom