[UPDATED] Changes to GWENT’s economy and full mill value refund policy

+
It’s honestly embarrassing they made it live without any warning, or even saying that it was happening today with the update and just snuck it in. Seriously what a joke. They don’t even have a system for converting currencies but I mean this decision is only for making money. I mean how stupid and blind do they think we are?
Tells us a lot about how much they care for Gwent.

It’s honestly embarrassing they made it live without any warning, or even saying that it was happening today with the update and just snuck it in. Seriously what a joke. They don’t even have a system for converting currencies but I mean this decision is only for making money. I mean how stupid and blind do they think we are?

I don't want to misunderstand you but I am pretty sure they did give us warning. They put this information out something like a week ago and told us when it would go into effect.

Also I converted scraps into powder just by buying premium golds and scraping them over and over again. It was slow but it worked.

Guest 4322057

I don't want to misunderstand you but I am pretty sure they did give us warning. They put this information out something like a week ago and told us when it would go into effect.

Also I converted scraps into powder just by buying premium golds and scraping them over and over again. It was slow but it worked.
Yes they said it would come with the January update. The January update isn’t here, and they haven’t even told us when today (if even since they later said the 2nd was a mistake with releasing the new leaders).

That was my plan but they implemented it before the update and now I have a pile of useless scraps.

Lmao the worst part is how they frame it like people have been bothered by the ability to craft premiums and everyone wanted them to be locked behind only a purchasable currency.

I am very annoyed right now.
I played on PS4, a lot. I paid hundreds of euros for kegs at the beginning of the open beta. When the homecoming update hit, I was excited to play, but the game wasn't functional - animations were bugged. So I didn't play and MOST IMPORTANTLY - did not craft the cards, because UI was laggy. NOW, less than a month later, I have lost all my premiums and cannot craft them anymore. The premium cards I spent real money on are gone, their value converted into scrap that I cannot use to craft them with. This is insane, it feels like a genuine rip-off.

MISSION SUCCESS for CDPR - my decentish premium collection that I had worked hard on is now almost 0 premium cards with no means of crafting them unless I spend money.

rrc

Forum veteran
Now that it is not possible anymore to do the conversion.. The best thing to do was to Craft-Mill-Repeat the Blue Bronzes (Rare they say?). It took 400 scraps and gave 50 MP; that is 12.5% conversation of Scraps to MP. Everything else was equal or less. But yes, it takes four times more Craft-Mill-Repeat, but for F2P like me it meant a lot and I did the grinding. Brought from 3.9k Dust to around 10.5k dust. Phew.. There went my chance to get to Rank 7 with all the wasted time in C-M-R task.

Yes they said it would come with the January update. The January update isn’t here, and they haven’t even told us when today (if even since they later said the 2nd was a mistake with releasing the new leaders).

Well they did specifically say January 2nd so I don't know why anyone would choose to wait until then to convert their scraps to powder. I took care of it within a day or two after that post.

Guest 4322057

Welcome to the
I played on PS4, a lot. I paid hundreds of euros for kegs at the beginning of the open beta. When the homecoming update hit, I was excited to play, but the game wasn't functional - animations were bugged. So I didn't play and MOST IMPORTANTLY - did not craft the cards, because UI was laggy. NOW, less than a month later, I have lost all my premiums and cannot craft them anymore. The premium cards I spent real money on are gone, their value converted into scrap that I cannot use to craft them with. This is insane, it feels like a genuine rip-off.

MISSION SUCCESS for CDPR - my decentish premium collection that I had worked hard on is now almost 0 premium cards with no means of crafting them unless I spend money.
They didn’t even have the decency to leave it in for this update with the full milling value of cards and change it for every subsequent update.

Welcome to the new CDPR, where they don’t care about you.

Was UI laggy last week? If not its not their fault mate. If you had technical issues did you contact em?
They have announced 2nd January - 12.00 CET
Ive spent all my scraps week ago and used rest this morning so I can have only meteorite powder. You could craft whatever premium you wanted mate but if you choose not to... Well.

So, I didn't craft my premium collection, today I try to do it and I see that I can't use my scraps to craft them anymore, it sucks. It is been a long time since I last played Gwent and when I'm back, this...

I wish they would let you craft/mill the current premium cards for scraps only, no powder, this way people like me wouldn't feel so bad. I have no use for those scraps anymore.

Was UI laggy last week? If not its not their fault mate. If you had technical issues did you contact em?
They have announced 2nd January - 12.00 CET
Ive spent all my scraps week ago and used rest this morning so I can have only meteorite powder. You could craft whatever premium you wanted mate but if you choose not to... Well.

When was this change announced? I did not hear of it until today when I accidentally stumbled onto the playgwent page in search of any upcoming expansion news.

Guest 4322057

You are mistaken - there was only date (January 2nd).
The exact time was set to be announced closer to today but this never happened.
Because they’re liars. Totally screwed over everyone. The fact you can’t even convert them now, or at least craft base set premiums is pretty disgusting. They’re liars.

The problem is not that they didn't announce it in the forums, the problem is that they didn't announce it in game as they should have. Not everybody checks the forums, not everybody checks Gwent social media, but everybody checks the in game announcements. Why they didn't put an announcement in there? What's the purpose of it then? If they are not going to use the announcement section to inform players about important and relevant changes, why the hell it is even there? I don't get it, it's outraging.

And I'm not talking about me, because I do check the forums, and got prepared long ago, but I understand people getting pissed.

The problem is not that they didn't announce it in the forums, the problem is that they didn't announce it in game as they should have.

I think there was in-game announcement as well.
Yes, it was among the others (and should have been more exposed), but still.

hey guys couldnt u warn ppl one day before ? i should have milled all my cards yesterday from what i see but i cant follow all news so i missed on that out, now i only get like 9350 scraps where as i couldve gotten 12000 scraps and 4000 powder yesterday

The only issue I have with this update is why do we get SCRAPS when milling Premiums... If i want to mill Premium I want meteorite powder, not powder and scraps.

Top Bottom