[UPDATED] Changes to GWENT’s economy and full mill value refund policy

+
The only issue I have with this update is why do we get SCRAPS when milling Premiums... If i want to mill Premium I want meteorite powder, not powder and scraps.

It was never possible to create a premium card with powder only. So, giving scraps and powder for milling premiums makes sense. It just hurts a bit more now that you've lost the option to craft premium cards with scraps only.

(For the record, I still don't fully agree with CDPR's decision even though I can understand the logic behind it.)

Exactly what I was thinking. What sense is there in waiting until the last second?

I think this is not the main point (at least for me).

The main point is: it was promised to release more info (including the exact time) closer to today's date.
Some people could probably take into consideration that "there is still no more info so I still have more time".

Also there are still many unanswered questions about this change in "ask a dev" thread - and yet the change was introduced without any hesitation and/or delay to let people be more prepared for that.

Of course, that preparation was not so needed for all the older players, but the new players (like me) struggle with amount of resources so they need the exact plan what to do and it was not possible without more data (like the confirmation of exact costs of premiums from starter decks after the change).

Last edited:
They clearly shouldn't have used that "sense of accomplishment " part. I mean, they are aware of EA disaster, right?

Otherwise, I see no problem with economy changes. At all.

Guest 4322057

I think this is not the main point (at least for me).

The main point is: it was promised to release more info (including the exact time) closer to today's date.
Some people could probably take into consideration that "there is still no more info so I still have more time".

Also there are still many unanswered questions about this change in "ask a dev" thread - and yet the change was introduced without any hesitation and/or delay to let people be more prepared for that.

Of course, that preparation was not so needed for all the older players, but the new players (like me) struggle with amount of resources so they need the exact plan what to do and it was not possible without more data (like the confirmation of exact costs of premiums from starter decks after the change).
Thank ou for wording exactly what I was thinking. I was waiting until we had more info like they promised but instead just dropped it with no warning

Once again, CDPR demonstrate their slapdash approach to development ...

This change was first announced on Dec 19th, though as usual, full details were lacking. I pointed out in this thread back then the potential issue with crafting premium starter cards after this change.

So what happened?

The change has gone live without a fix to allow crafting of premium starter cards. The fact that they either didn't even think of this issue, or failed to address it on time speaks volumes.

I'm sure they'll get round to a fix eventually, but then again, we're all aware of many minor things that have been long promised yet still remain unfixed. So I'm not holding my breath.

Bravo CDPR. Bravo.

I love your games, but come on...

You need to let Jason Slama or someone who speaks gamer, write these statemenets because this one is full of BS and corporate speak, taking the players for idiots.

"economy slowly shifting toward directions that are not favourable for the players "
BS, you milled everyone in Beta for scraps only and now you want more $$$ so you prevent them from using said scraps on premiums; its not favorable for CDPR, NOT the players;

"overabundance of premium cards "
BS, the only reason for this is people played for 2+ years in Beta and you milled them for scraps only, this is far from true for new players. After 2 years and hundreds of hours plus reduction in base set cards in HC, its expected for veteran players to have full premium base collections!

"mixing of vanity and game economies always results in loopholes"
Really? Care to mention some of those?

"not give anyone the opportunity to gain an unfair advantage in card collection"
So playing for 2+ years in Closed and Open Beta for hundreds or even thousands of hours is now considered an 'unfair advantage' because the players spent those years collecting scraps and powder, so now its time to Devalue all those scraps for veteran players so you can make more $$$ from them. Great thinking there CDPR.

CDPR, just be honest with what you are doing and don't try to BS the players with these lies.

I and probably everyone else would be perfectly fine with this chage was it not for the fact you milled our whole collection for scraps only, and promised we will always be able to craft premiums with scraps anyway, so it does not matter you did not give us the powder for our premium cards.
Well that did not turn out as promised now, so be f-ing honest about it! and don't give us these BS EA/Bethesda type of excuses of why the change was neccessary and only done to benefit the players.

What about people who don't use premium cards? What am i gonna do with all my 10k meteorite powders? At least let me change them with scraps.

What about people who don't use premium cards? What am i gonna do with all my 10k meteorite powders? At least let me change them with scraps.
Why did you buy that much powder then? From its first appearance in Gwent, powder was used for cosmetics only. And it was introduced specifically to transmute regular into premiums. You can use yours to acquire skins and other bundles, for example.

You need to let Jason Slama or someone who speaks gamer, write these statemenets because this one is full of BS and corporate speak, taking the players for idiots.

"economy slowly shifting toward directions that are not favourable for the players "
BS, you milled everyone in Beta for scraps only and now you want more $$$ so you prevent them from using said scraps on premiums; its not favorable for CDPR, NOT the players;

"overabundance of premium cards "
BS, the only reason for this is people played for 2+ years in Beta and you milled them for scraps only, this is far from true for new players. After 2 years and hundreds of hours plus reduction in base set cards in HC, its expected for veteran players to have full premium base collections!

"mixing of vanity and game economies always results in loopholes"
Really? Care to mention some of those?

"not give anyone the opportunity to gain an unfair advantage in card collection"
So playing for 2+ years in Closed and Open Beta for hundreds or even thousands of hours is now considered an 'unfair advantage' because the players spent those years collecting scraps and powder, so now its time to Devalue all those scraps for veteran players so you can make more $$$ from them. Great thinking there CDPR.

CDPR, just be honest with what you are doing and don't try to BS the players with these lies.

I and probably everyone else would be perfectly fine with this chage was it not for the fact you milled our whole collection for scraps only, and promised we will always be able to craft premiums with scraps anyway, so it does not matter you did not give us the powder for our premium cards.
Well that did not turn out as promised now, so be f-ing honest about it! and don't give us these BS EA/Bethesda type of excuses of why the change was neccessary and only done to benefit the players.
Stop whining, cdpr should have only milled cards just for people who payed for kegs.
I could have started again from zero anyway because they changed abilities to cards that i was using.

What more info do you need to transmute as many card as possible before the deadline? I'm genuinely asking.

Here is your genuine answer: There was not an official info what will happen to crafting premiums from starter decks as these cards could not be transmuted at all just they were using only scraps to create.

As a new player with limited amount of resources that was one of my questions I would liked to know to plan my strategy before expected change.

Stop whining, cdpr should have only milled cards just for people who payed for kegs.
I could have started again from zero anyway because they changed abilities to cards that i was using.

LOL, never seen someone miss the point so completely. :ROFLMAO:

Here is your genuine answer: There was not an official info what will happen to crafting premiums from starter decks as these cards could not be transmuted at all just they were using only scraps to create.

As a new player with limited amount of resources that was one of my questions I would liked to know to plan my strategy before expected change.
Yes. Starter decks situation is quite odd, I agree.
Post automatically merged:

To be in the in-game announcements.
Fair enough. I was talking strictly in transmutation lines, ie using scraps to craft as many premiums as possible.

Guest 4322057

Yes. Starter decks situation is quite odd, I agree.
Post automatically merged:

Fair enough. I was talking strictly in transmutation lines, ie using scraps to craft as many premiums as possible.
Because they said they would tell us if premiums could still be milled for powder or only for scrap. They promised more info before the drop and lied to us yet again.

Since we are talking about the economy and things dealing with it, here are a few thoughts from someone north of 40 years old (like a good portion of CDPR I would suspect) who started playing this game because he liked the board game original Gwent was heavily influenced by, Condotierre. Condotierre Special Cards

Predictions :

1) In 2019, There will come an event that will last a day or weekend where you will be able to purchase premium cards with scraps...and people will be elated and PISSED in equal measures.

2) The Seasonal Reward Trees will have much higher ratios of powder to ore than the regular tree, but the nodes will cost more.

3) I think Legendary Keg day will return, a year from the day it happened. That is September 13th, 2019. Set a calendar appointment.

Certainties :

1) There will be another day when Meterorite Powder is discounted. Hopefully console players will not be locked out.

2) The best place to get Gwent announcements will continue to be here, on the forums. This is common practice for those of us on console who follow Gwent, but I will reiterate it for you on PC users. Expect nothing to work correctly in game!!!!

3) Most people reading these forums is no longer part of the Target Audience, you are part of the Core Base of clients. Most decisions the company makes is not geared towards you. Even those who left the game but still follow the forums are part of the core base, because they are easier to recoup than to recruit a brand new customer.

CDPR is much better at appealing to their core and keeping them happy than your Internet/Cel Phone/Cable Service Provider, so if you really want to complain and save a lot of money, go there. They HAVE to reduce your rates if you threaten to leave, expect to have a 2 hour phone call.

4) Here is one from being in the workforce for 30+ years. What people tell will happen before the holidays begins, rarely happens during the holidays. Real work starts the 2nd week of the new year. I am glad the person who made the original announcement copied and pasted the new announcement. Hopefully, they set it up to auto post today, on the 19th before taking a 3 week vacation. Generally, well rested happy people make better products, and I hope CDPR can do the same in 2019.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just couldn't be bothered.

Sad situation. I read about it on the forums, tried to think of premiums I might want to craft, nothing sparked my feelings...

I wish I could trade my scraps for the time of my life spent on beta Gwent, get back the hundreds of hours playing something that the devs wanted to get rid of.

Anyways, lesson learned: I'm never playing or supporting any beta product ever. Test your own game, waste your own time, spend your own money, and then sell it.

All this free-to-play garbage, community-oriented game development concept is just the ideal setting for devs to disappoint their customers. Same goes for all this crowdfunding stuff that people do nowadays: it's just flop after flop and dashed hopes.

I'd rather pay a monthly subscription and play the Gwent I love, rather than play Homecoming for free and occasionally spend some money on meteorite powder or whatever (hint: not happening).

Top Bottom