[UPDATED] Faction Challenge is back!

+
[UPDATED] Faction Challenge is back!

Side with the mighty Empire of Nilfgaard or bloodthirsty Monsters, compete for dominance over the battlefield over a week of intense skirmishes, and earn rewards!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. Play and win games across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes as one of the warring factions: Nilfgaard or Monsters.
2. To be considered a supporter, the challenge win count with the faction you wish to side with needs to be greater than with the other participating faction.
3. If the faction you supported wins the challenge, you will receive its avatar border and 100 Meteorite Powder. If your faction loses, but you contribute at least 30 wins to that faction throughout the challenge, you will receive the losing faction’s avatar border.

The Challenge will last till February 1st, 2PM CET.

BEFORE YOU PLAY

1. You need to win at least 1 game with either side of the Faction Challenge to join the event.
2. Only wins achieved during the challenge (i.e. not your overall career victories) with either Nilfgaard or Monsters count toward your challenge allegiance.
3. Challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Nilfgaard, Monsters) and not participating (Northern Realms, Scoia’tael, Skellige) in the challenge.
4. The number of your wins with factions not participating in the challenge does not affect your challenge allegiance.
5. Playing games via friend challenge does not count.

Last edited:
so the progress is not visible during the challenge this time? wise decision.

oh a question: what will be the result of a - say - Nilfgaard vs Nilfgaard game, for the purposes of the Challenge?

Last edited:
from the way things were being hyped yesterday, I was hoping for tiered rewards (with no losing faction) or some further story driven elements. 1 win as NF otherwise just seems like another daily quest

Last edited:

Raunbjorn

I think people should be rewarded the border regardless of which faction wins the challenge. That way you can claim to be a Monsters/Nilfgaard player whereas now it just shows that you're speculating on which faction is the one winning. Personally I would want the Monsters border since I've mained Eredin since I started playing the game and I like the faction but I'm planning on playing NG instead since I think they're gonna win the challenge.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get the border but I think these challenges should be reworked nonetheless.

oh a question: what will be the result of a - say - Nilfgaard vs Nilfgaard game, for the purposes of the Challenge?
Considering that it only counts wins, and not losses, it probably will be "+1 win for Nilfgaard"

What if I want the meteorite powder? Should I throw games? How do I get the meteorite powder?
Play 2 games as monsters, because supporting monsters will give you powder. They will lose this challenge.

Raunbjorn

lightningsky;n10304922 said:
What if I want the meteorite powder? Should I throw games? How do I get the meteorite powder?

You play Monsters ;) I mean consume is popular but it's highly unlikely that monsters are going to win since NG have a lot of popular decks right now.

scorba;n10304702 said:
so the progress is not visible during the challenge this time? wise decision.

What your opponent is playing should have no impact. You just need to win as NG then you're fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha as if we didn't see enough Nekkers at the Open, and now they're centre stage for a challenge. I'm really happy about the absence of a progress bar, it made the previous challenge a little pointless Regardless, I'll be streaming on the side of Nilfgaard in a couple of hours so if you're around do pop in and say hi! Twitch channel is Weevil89.

No progress bar, it's good.
But still, It's really easy to check, which faction out of these two has better popularity % and winratio at this moment.
So, for the Monsters players it is very unfavorable/ unable to win.

Good to see the rewards make a lot more sense now. The previous time you'd get a golden card, which just induces people to wait it out playing other factions, only to join in with the winning faction on the last day to get the card. Now, people won't care that much what faction is winning atm so it becomes an actual challenge.

Not showing us who is winning sounds like a fine choice. I will be supporting Nilfgaard as monsters is my mill-for-scraps-and-collect-later faction, and I like Nilfgaard. It'll be fun to see if this challenge will affect deck choices on the ladder.

RVG1926;n10305362 said:
As a monster player, i'm forced to play 1 game as nilfgaard and then go play hearthstone for the rest of the week.

This is indeed an issue, as I suspect many monster players wouldn't mind having the NG border as a reward anyway, or the reverse if that is the result. Perhaps another option might have been, that we all play to unlock 1 border for everyone, and the losing faction's border is rolled over to the next event. That would give everyone a shot at a unique reward without having to switch decks just for the challenge.

From knowing hearthstone community in the past, a vast majority hated cosmetics that gave you no benefit in the gameplay. So I expect to see these kinds of players see NG being hyped and start playing monsters for the powder, in result monsters could win and then everybody who 'speculates' will be punished haha

Doydl;n10305702 said:
From knowing hearthstone community in the past, a vast majority hated cosmetics that gave you no benefit in the gameplay. So I expect to see these kinds of players see NG being hyped and start playing monsters for the powder, in result monsters could win and then everybody who 'speculates' will be punished haha

Eh, I'll be fine either way, be it border or powder.

Top Bottom