[UPDATED] Faction Challenge is back!

+
RVG1926;n10309672 said:
Powder better than the borders? Tell me you're joking..
Powder is the most useless resource in the game.

The joke here is that the border is even more useless and is not even a resource. It's a cosmetics item. Quite funny that you value that while questioning the value of meteorite powder. I'm usually not one for cosmetics, but those animated cards do look nice. Me and the others who've spend money on dust in the past won't mind winning some of that, though I wouldn't spend one dime on a border. But to each his own I guess. If you play NG it does add to the immersion somewhat so I get your point. And if you're in it for the collecting, you wouldn't want to miss this rare an item, though I assume they'll offer it up for grabs eventually for the late-comers (it's a beta still) or make it purchasable like all the other cardgames do.

Shuls02;n10310522 said:
They need to make it so you need to win like 50 matches with the faction tbh

In a week? Good luck with that. That would just piss a lot of people off. Not everyone is all over Gwent every day. Unless you absolutely negate ranked mode 50 wins is going to take you a long time.

Last edited:
Void_Singer;n10310862 said:
Your allegiance is determined by greatest number of wins with one of those two factions against ONLY the opposing faction?

Against all factions.

Same applies to determining the winner; if NG has more total wins against all factions, they will be considered winner. Likewise for Monsters.

I don't see why a trinket would be a reward for a faction challenge. The loser gets a tangible reward whereas the winner gets something purely aesthetic. At least give a silver (value of 200 scrap if you didn't already have it.) Borders should be given to everyone who participates with a certain number of wins (maybe 10.)

As for the whole border vs powder discussion; Both are cosmetic items. Difference being, the border is unique while the powder is somewhat easy to obtain. You can get 15 just from 2 rounds won. So it's only a matter of if you want a cosmetic change now (border) or something you can use later (powder).

Borders are a far more fair trade than premium golds I think :) Plus the progress bar is no longer visible! Thumbs up CDPR

:cheers:

I've been crushing the petty Nilfgaardians with my werewolves :p Spy decks are so overrated this patch, I am surprised only one of the tournament participants went for alchemy.

I made a casual Monsters deck, for questing mind you (Praise be to the Great Sun!).... it accidentally (and completely) wrecks Reveal/Alchemy decks.... I had to start forfeiting against NG after a round 1 so that my Allegience wouldn't change = S
and no, you heathen Monsters, I WON'T share!

(Praise be to the Great Sun!)

You can try dominating us filthy elitists and arrogant worshippers of honor and discipline :p our resilience is unmatched. Our swarms will darken the sun! You will fall prey to claws from the shadows, your heads mercilessly crushed by the massive blows of our giants xD

So, what if, lets say, I am fine with either of the borders or the MP, as in the end, they both serve only cosmetic purposes. Yes, I know, MP is a resource, but practically upgrading the cards to premium is still only a cosmetic effect... And lets say, I also like to play both factions. So what happens, if I just play both of them, saying I get in the end what I get, and I will be happy with it, and when the challenge is finished, I have the same number of win with both of them? Do I get then both rewards? Do I get nothing? Or is there a way to decide to which faction I belong to? Like I don't know, whatever my first/last win was? Or would it be decided randomly?

I really want to know, because as I said, I would be fine with either border or with the MP, but I don't want to end up getting nothing, just because it couldn't be determinded to which faction I belong to, and if that would be the case, than I just rather pick one and stop to play the other for a week, but if I definately get something at the end, than I might just play both as usual...

Is this challenge a troll or something? It is obvious that Monster don't stand a chance vs NG in this meta.

As a monster player, I feel insulted.

Is this challenge a troll or something? It is obvious that Monster don't stand a chance vs NG in this meta.

I have 2 arguments against that :)

The first is the latest GwentUP report. No Nilfgaardian leader has the win ratio that Arachas Queen has. Even if they are more popular, that doesn't mean they are better. Even Dagon has a high win rate, higher than 3 NG leaders. Our main problem is the lack of MO players, not whether they stand a chance or not believe me :) So if you feel like joining us, we need all the help we can get :p

The second is my personal experience. I won about 15 times against NG today, or more, and only lost thrice (one was to a mill deck). Played exclusively Monsters. If I can do it we all can :p

Ic3Purple;n10316762 said:

Monster is op. You can tech NG to beat consume monster and weather/boon monster most of the time but then it will lose to all other factions and in the mirror.

Monsters against any other faction would have had a chance. NG is too popular, too effective against MO, and there are insufficient MO archetypes.

Top Bottom