Updated rank and progression system — what’s new?

+

Updated ‘Welcome Back’ Screen

The Welcome Back screen now shows your Daily Quests, daily Crown progress, current level, as well as rank. From this screen, you are also able to reroll quests.​

Redesigned Main Menu

The redesigned Main Menu allows for easier access to game modes and news, and features tabs for quests and leaderboards.​

Improved Player Profile

On this screen you can now see your profile summary, win count (all time or current season for each faction) and the ability to filter card collection by sets. You can also access tabs to see your vanity items, achievements and Ranked score.​

Achievements

With a variety of categories, you can pick and choose achievements and pin up to 3 of them to your public player profile. However, achievements are not just for show — completing them grants you rewards. You can track up to 5 achievements to be notified whenever you gain progress.​

Updated Level Progression

The overall levelling experience is now faster and the level cap has been decreased from 100 to 60. After that, you get access to prestige — meaning that once you reach the maximum level, you can level up again, become level 1 prestige 1 and gain permanent bonuses!​

With the launch of the game your current progress will not reset — if you are level 15 now, you will stay level 15. If you’re pass level 60, you will automatically become prestige 1.​

For example: if you are level 61, you will be level 1 prestige 1. If you are level 100 now, you will become level 40 prestige 1 after the launch.​

New Feature: Reward Book

Achievement unlocks, level-ups, end of Ranked seasons and daily rewards all grant you reward points.​

The Reward Book includes trees for all factions and Leaders. This system empowers you to choose which rewards you want to focus on. Among the rewards are faction-specific kegs, Premium kegs, Scraps, Meteorite Powder, Ore, and Leader skins.​

In addition, each tree contains Witcher lore tidbits which are revealed when claiming story nodes. Claiming chests allows you to build a compendium of the universe lore.​

In the future, we also plan to have seasonal trees — available only at certain times of the year.​

Ranked 2.0

You start from rank 30 and progress towards rank 1. Ranks are split into 5 pieces — if you win, you get a piece of a stained glass avatar, if you lose — you lose a piece. Winning three or more matches in a row grants you an additional piece of the avatar. Once you have all 5 pieces, you unlock that avatar.​

The rank progression is as follows:​

For Rank 30-26, dropping down a rank isn’t possible.​

For Rank 25-15, you only drop down a rank if you lose twice in a row.​

For Rank 14-8, there are no special conditions — the progression follows a linear pattern.​

For Rank 7-1, there’s a linear pattern of progression, however, win streaks no longer give you two pieces of the avatar.​

Once you reach level 25, fMMR becomes available and matches start affecting your Ranked score.​

Learn more about the changes to Pro Ladder here.​

This is all glorious and beautiful. Although I have a technical question. When will our old account be milled and transition to the new one? An hour before Thronebreaker/homecoming? At the end of Season?

Is there a break in between where we can't play GWENT as the transition occurs?

Everything cool ... but ... can we expect avatar + border to make it into the battlefield someday, even without emotes ? I want my trinkets in battle, not just in my profile screen.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I loooooove the new achievment and reward book system, just hope the first seasonal tree isnt too soon or we wont be ready since we're busy filling the default trees.

I'm not quite sure if I'll actually be able to hold on to any avatar pieces I might -- possibly -- win in ranked; however, I particularly appreciate the new stained-glass portraits. These add an attractive mediaeval aesthetic. Likewise, the coloured letters which accompany the achievements recall the illuminated initials from manuscripts. A very nice touch!

Despite being set within a mediaevalesque world, most elements of the user interfaces in The Witcher games lacked such atmospheric accents -- or were very understated -- often seeming to exist outside the surrounding world. I assume, hopefully, that such artistic choices will also be reflected in Thronebreaker's framework.

If I have a winrate of 50-50 then I won't get any of those pieces? Well I guess I have to pray to RNG Jesus everyday so I can draw good hands every time. Btw, what are those avatar pieces for exactly? My profile picture?

Can someone hire a better writer that's able to clearly deliver the message? It says ranks are split into 5 pieces. Let's say rank A, rank B, rank C, rank D, Rank E as the 5 pieces. If I achieved rank A then I get a piece then progress to rank B? Then if I demoted from rank B to rank A, I lose a piece? Is this how that ranking and rewarding a piece works or is it really means losing a match to lose a piece?

DRK3

Forum veteran
If I have a winrate of 50-50 then I won't get any of those pieces? Well I guess I have to pray to RNG Jesus everyday so I can draw good hands every time. Btw, what are those avatar pieces for exactly? My profile picture?

Can someone hire a better writer that's able to clearly deliver the message? It says ranks are split into 5 pieces. Let's say rank A, rank B, rank C, rank D, Rank E as the 5 pieces. If I achieved rank A then I get a piece then progress to rank B? Then if I demoted from rank B to rank A, I lose a piece? Is this how that ranking and rewarding a piece works or is it really means losing a match to lose a piece?

I'll try to explain: now you start at the lowest Rank - Rank 30. You climb the ranks all the way up to 1.

So if you're Rank 30, you need 5 pieces (5 wins) and you'll reach Rank 29, and so on.

With a winrate of 50-50, you'll still be able to reach Rank 15, since you win a piece with every win, but dont lose a piece as long as you dont lose twice in a row.

Only after that (Rank 14-1), things get tougher and tougher.

I'll try to explain: now you start at the lowest Rank - Rank 30. You climb the ranks all the way up to 1.

So if you're Rank 30, you need 5 pieces (5 wins) and you'll reach Rank 29, and so on.

With a winrate of 50-50, you'll still be able to reach Rank 15, since you win a piece with every win, but dont lose a piece as long as you dont lose twice in a row.

Only after that (Rank 14-1), things get tougher and tougher.

Close, but I don't think that's exactly how it works.
A single peice is not an entire rank.
You lose a peice every single loss. It's just that if you have no more peices to lose, instead of instantly demoting to the previous rank, you will need to lose twice in a row at the lower (higher?) ranks.

I wouldn't fear about it being hard to rank up though.
The 3-win peice bonus means you effectively only need 4 wins to rank up.

Great work guys, all those goodies look amazing.

There is something i still don't understand tho.

The daily rewards (winning rounds) award you the usual gold for 6/18/etc... and a random reward (15 ores/scraps/powder/random card) at every 2/4 rounds or it changed?

And what happens when you finish the rewards book? Do you simply hoard points without being able to use them?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Great work guys, all those goodies look amazing.

There is something i still don't understand tho.

The daily rewards (winning rounds) award you the usual gold for 6/18/etc... and a random reward (15 ores/scraps/powder/random card) at every 2/4 rounds or it changed?

And what happens when you finish the rewards book? Do you simply hoard points without being able to use them?

I think they said the daily rewards would remain the same, or you earn x reward points that translate to the same or more than you would use to get.

And finishing the reward book? Did you see the size of that thing? There's at least 5 trees for each faction, so that's 25 trees with dozens of points to fill. But they also said there would be seasonal trees, im guessing like the events that happened last year, this time we get these temporary trees.

This prestige levels are useless,at level 100+ i have allmost full colection,tons of kegs,scraps and powder, enough to transmute all.
Nothing interesting there! :mad:

I think they said the daily rewards would remain the same, or you earn x reward points that translate to the same or more than you would use to get.

And finishing the reward book? Did you see the size of that thing? There's at least 5 trees for each faction, so that's 25 trees with dozens of points to fill. But they also said there would be seasonal trees, im guessing like the events that happened last year, this time we get these temporary trees.
I can see myself finishing it in like 6 months, and i'm afraid at that point i just get points i won't be able to use. I would really like to see a neutral/witcher path where there is a node that can conver 2 points into 100 ores and can be taken indefinitely (simulating the current 6 wins = 100 ores).

This prestige levels are useless,at level 100+ i have allmost full colection,tons of kegs,scraps and powder, enough to transmute all.
Nothing interesting there! :mad:
Wait until we start getting 2-3 expansions per year, then we'll see if we have enough to keep up.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@DMaster2 Yeah, im guessing the first event with seasonal tree will be in less than 6 months, im sure they dont want to have these long periods without any updates in the future.

And im really curious how the updates will be from now on... There was a time where they added new cards around every 2 months, that was nice.

@DMaster2 Yeah, im guessing the first event with seasonal tree will be in less than 6 months, im sure they dont want to have these long periods without any updates in the future.

And im really curious how the updates will be from now on... There was a time where they added new cards around every 2 months, that was nice.
They stated they'll go the expansion route and we won't see those montly cards.

Will I retain the Avatars from the current version of Gwent? Since I don't feel like grinding to Rank 15 in the current version of Gwent. And are Borders gone until a future expansion?

Also, great job on artwork, achievements and rank-system from what I have seen. The player profile still looks stale, like it's not integrating well enough into the game and I'm not sure how I feel about the side-profile Avatars. I can definitely appreciate the historical inspiration from glass-paintings, but the final look is still something I'm skeptical about. Really like the old paper-like look and water-colour portraits of Leaders and characters in Reward Book, though.

Do we still keep all the Ores and the Scrap\Meteorite Powder we saved? I have enough Ores to buy around 50 kegs, and I don't want to lose them all after getting out from the Beta.

Top Bottom