Updated rank and progression system — what’s new?

+
I wonder what was the motivation behind almost precisely copying the ranking system from Hearthstone. Definitely not the way to motivate those, escaping HS in favour of Gwent.

Please explain me, how rank 2.0 works! I was Rank 20 after HC hit...how can I reach Rank 19? I thought when the given Avatar-picture is ready (all 5 pieces are there) I will advance in Rank. Now I have the Lambert avatar ready, but I'm still Rank 20. Do I need to win one more Ranked Game to advance? Thanks!

Please explain me, how rank 2.0 works! I was Rank 20 after HC hit...how can I reach Rank 19? I thought when the given Avatar-picture is ready (all 5 pieces are there) I will advance in Rank. Now I have the Lambert avatar ready, but I'm still Rank 20. Do I need to win one more Ranked Game to advance? Thanks!
Yes, win one more game to open the next rank avatar frame and rank level.

How do I qualify for pro ranking?
I have to achive rank 1 or it depends of MMR?

For example a player play with a single faction and reach rank 1, probably will have 2000 MMR. Another player reach rank 5, but played at least 40 matches with 4 factions probablly will have over 4000 MMR. Who will get qualified for pro rank?

Is the "end of season reward" based on reached rank or unlocked rank?

What I mean is, I reached rank 7, have 2 portrait pieces. Do I need to "complete" it to get the 15 reward points, or is this enough?

please cd projekt. put a tool tip on each of that icons. so confusing for beginners to understand what those icons means.

You are wrong.

@Wonderboy8700: When you get to rank 14 you will get more reward points at the end of the season.
Rank 15: 7 Reward Points
Rank 14: 10 Reward Points

Is it still 1 point per every rank up (distributed when you rank up?) Also, any changes to the system at the final rank tier? Finally does anyone know when the season ends? Is it always the end of the month, or is it more random?

Is it still 1 point per every rank up (distributed when you rank up?) Also, any changes to the system at the final rank tier?

No, it is not 1 point/rank (look at latest* table below). You will get these points and go 4 ranks down at the end of seaon.

*) Please note: this does not mean this table is actual, it's "only" latest as last season CDPR changed things without any warning.

Last edited:
So it turns out there is a massive change at rank 14. Unlike at 15, you lose a piece of the mosaic for a single loss.

Edit to include: I guess this is what they meant by ranks progress linear pattern with no special conditions. Developers if you ever see this, please be more explicit in your explanations for those who don't play a lot of CCG.

Last edited:
I read somewhere (not sure if it was Reddit, one of the forums, or gamefaqs,) that you need to give CDPR your personal info to make the transition from rank 1 to 0. Can someone please confirm this? If it's true, how much personal info?

Top Bottom