Updated Roadmap

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing I find quite odd about this whole saga it's that people come online to announce in a hissy fit that they're bored with the game and will move on to something else.

Do people really spend their whole time playing a single game while they wait for expansions to arrive? Which usually take at minimum six months and quite often a year? Wouldn't it be more sensible to, you know, go play something else and check back in when they *do* drop?

I find it rather weird because, on PC, at least, the base game is perfectly playable at this point but was not designed to be played for all eternity. So play it, then come back if you feel like it when there's new content. It's not as if people are fed up waiting for the technical stuff necessary for it to even run any more.

It's encouraging to see that the team doesn't waist time developing free dlc and is (finally) committed to make the console versions less bad (I expect the game never to be good or look great at this time as we have had too many updates that didn't improve this thing much).
I play on PS5 so I play PS4 in backwards comp mode and it's terrible. After every update I start the game up and never had a playthrough longer than an hour until it crashes and than it goes into the box to be taken out if it for the next update.
It's baffling that someone at CDPR thought that going for a decent PC spec was the way to develop a game that needs to run on last gen hardware. Anyone should have said that the weakest hardware (Xbox One) should have been targeted. I just can't wrap my head around this decision but it's another sign of the sheer incompetence of the decision makers in this company.
Anyway, good luck for the team working on this, I hope you prove me wrong and CP2077 will become as much beloved as The Witcher 3.
Best wishes for the sales team to promote DCPR's future games and expansion after they fell from grace, there is a mountain of damage control that needs to be done, lets hope it's not too late.

If there's one thing I find quite odd about this whole saga it's that people come online to announce in a hissy fit that they're bored with the game and will move on to something else.

Do people really spend their whole time playing a single game while they wait for expansions to arrive? Which usually take at minimum six months and quite often a year? Wouldn't it be more sensible to, you know, go play something else and check back in when they *do* drop?

I find it rather weird because, on PC, at least, the base game is perfectly playable at this point but was not designed to be played for all eternity. So play it, then come back if you feel like it when there's new content. It's not as if people are fed up waiting for the technical stuff necessary for it to even run any more.
Guessing it just failed too live up too the expectations of some people and i dont play anymore i just hang out here cuz i find some conversations fun and interesting. No good games on the horizons for me either so i was kinda hoping for some good DLC/expansions too come soon. Ill just hang around untill we get some info about what the expansions will be and then ill decide if i wanna play more.

Well, this is bad.

I'm one of those who have genuinely enjoyed the game - despite not liking its status at release nor the lack of transparency from CDPR about its performances on consoles -, but this really is not ok.

What bothers me the most, frankly, is not even the umpteenth postponement, the umpteenth broken promise or the disconcerting slowness in updating, correcting and improving a product that is now almost one year old (one year!): what bothers me the most is their (non) communication. Updating an old post... silently, kinda secretly. It is unprofessional and disrespectful. Again.

At this point, honestly, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for them to just give up and raise the white flag. To accept failure and move on. I'm really sorry: it saddens me terribly to say this, but ... the impression is that they don't have the strength nor the ability to fix this mess.

The resolution of that new roadmap is 900x506. I was able to read the pixelated text on the image only after I opened it in a new tab and zoomed it in 270%. Our Commitment to Quality...

If it's true that there will be no more patches in 2021, I'm hoping that someone finally grew a pair, and the decision was made to take a step back, take this thing apart, and fix its core issues. No more wasting time and resources on patching something that is broken. Fix the game, then release it.

I'd like to see V actually bump shoulders or turn to the side and not just walk through pedestrians, better vehicle handling, stop npc's from no clipping through stairs, no more crashes. I'm playing on an Xbox series s and the game still crashes after 1.31 from time to time. The game has so much potential and I had fun beating the main story but where is new game plus?

It's time to give up your engine CDPR, your RED ENGINE is a joke, in addition to your management problems your technical ability is a joke, improve the technical ability, [...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 3847602

Do people really spend their whole time playing a single game
I find it rather weird because, on PC, at least, the base game is perfectly playable at this point but was not designed to be played for all eternity.
It's not designed to be played for all eternity, of course, but some people still fantasize about the game being turned into Cyberpunk life simulator through patches and DLC (or mods if CDPR doesn't want do it).

That being said, I understand the frustration of those players who are still struggling with performance issues and wanted to see them resolved sooner rather than later.

It's official, they have hit rock bottom and are now drilling down further.
It's disappointing enough that there won't be another patch/update for at least the next two months.
What's worth is this farcial way of communication or rather, not communicating at all with the fans. A stealth update to the already incredibly vague roadmap and they don't even post it on the website or on social? Didn't they claim in the August update that they wanted to improve communication with the fans?
Now we're stuck with having absolutely no idea about the timeline anymore, even less than before, except that nothing at all is going to happen in 2021.

What is going on with this game? What about the expansions? What are the plans about free DLC? What about bugfixes? Are the current-gen versions really goin to be available in Q1 2022 or are they going to get moved again?

A pity there isn't such a thing a Golden Raspberry Award in the Games Industry, the CDPR PR Department should win it for managing to kill off the last bit of goodwill many people had still left for this studio. I pity the devs, but it's getting to a point where I'm starting to wonder if they are trolling us.

So, floating car glitch, suddenly combat engage, Nomad car not spawning, all these bugs abandoned and go to holiday vacation already? Are you sure? So disappointed CDPR.

So, floating car glitch, suddenly combat engage, Nomad car not spawning, all these bugs abandoned and go to holiday vacation already? Are you sure? So disappointed CDPR.
Nothing sure because all of this thread (without the CDPR Official logo) is based on only one "updated" picture on the page :
So nothing "really" official, nothing "announced" and in any case, no word from CDPR on "nothing will be release until 2022", only guesses/interpretations/whatever...

Oh come on, I like you, CDPR. But this stylish yellow chart says absolutely nothing except: It's coming later – if everything goes to that plan we call hope...
Why pretend to have a plan when you are clearly NOT a huge company like Rockstar that knows how to manage big projects? I'm not talking about quality etc., just about how many people work for CDPR and how many more for Rockstar...

Nothing sure because all of this thread (without the CDPR Official logo) is based on only one "updated" picture on the page :
So nothing "really" official, nothing "announced" and in any case, no word from CDPR on "nothing will be release until 2022", only guesses/interpretations/whatever...
Does that consideration mean anything to us? Roadmap image are definitely official, and has CDPR ever failed us in a "positive way"? We should learn "not to expect too much for them". They will do nothing until 2022.

Given how well previous roadmap predictions went I don't even expect the next gen version to release in 2022 anymore.

The roadmaps keep getting more vague and meaningless yet CDPR still somehow manages to miss their target.
At least it's funny.

The shame drags out.

At this point I suspect the developers to a significant degree are playing catch up with the modding scene. If only CDPR would use a little more of their deep pockets to hire more modders and incorporated their labour of love into the game, in particular gameplay mechanics, we would not have to wait so long for actual improvements over what is already available using mods.

Does that consideration mean anything to us? Roadmap image are definitely official, and has CDPR ever failed us in a "positive way"? We should learn "not to expect too much for them". They will do nothing until 2022.

You can consider this picture as "official" if you want, no problem ;)
But without a "true official" announcement like for the Next-Gen Update like that :
And the fact bug fixing and improvments have nothing to do with the next-gen update or even less with expansions, I also can suppose that we can hope a patch or a hotfix (at least) before 2022. But that's only my opinion... Feel free to not share it ;)

You can consider this picture as "official" if you want, no problem ;)
But without a "true official" announcement like for the Next-Gen Update like that :
And the fact bug fixing and improvments have nothing to do with the next-gen update or even less with expansions, I also can suppose that we can hope a patch or a hotfix (at least) before 2022. But that's only my opinion... Feel free to not share it ;)
No previous roadmap had an "official CDPR logo", plus it has been posted by an official member of CDPR.
I'd rather say hoping for a hotfix pre 2022 is a guess/interpretation.

Who said that?
Who ever said that they were connected? Notice how there have been totally separate announcements concerning the release of patches and the release of the Next-Gen Updated.

I also like the different layers of "official". :LOL:
No previous roadmap had an "official CDPR logo", plus it has been posted by an official member of CDPR.
I'd rather say hoping for a hotfix pre 2022 is a guess/interpretation.
There are no different "layers" of official.

1.) If an announcement is made by the studio, directly, it is official. (It does not require a logo.)

2.) If something is mentioned here on the forums by the team in blue text, it is official. (We don't use logos.)

If an announcement is made anywhere else, by any other party, it not official. (Whether it has a logo or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom