Updated Roadmap

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever said that they were connected? Notice how there have been totally separate announcements concerning the release of patches and the release of the Next-Gen Updated.

There are no different "layers" of official.

1.) If an announcement is made by the studio, directly, it is official. (It does not require a logo.)

2.) If something is mentioned here on the forums by the team in blue text, it is official. (We don't use logos.)

If an announcement is made anywhere else, by any other party, it not official. (Whether it has a logo or not.)
Since the updated roadmap was posted by an official CDPR team member, it is official, did I get it right?

Technically, all RED News threads on the forums have the CDPR logo because every thread that has one or more RED posts has the red cardinal indicator. Additionally, REDs have the cardinal in their posts if you look at the red flair they have on their names. ;)

So, the roadmap does, in fact, have the CDPR logo attached to it. Not that that would be needed for it to be official, like SigilFey said.

The same roadmap is also on the game's official site in the 'Our Commitment to Quality' news article.

At least tell us what are you doing with the game, please. Were not investing in your company but we have buy this unfinished game.

What is really amusing is how everyone expects CDPR to change their "comms" model. It's non-existent, ineffective, and quite frankly the least of their problems now. However, as with many matters related to consumer business, transforming and improving it would buy a lot of goodwill with their customer base. This "stealth" modification of a nearly 2k post count thread without so much as a breakout acknowledgment stinks badly. Have the moral fiber to face the inevitable Voice of the Customer.

What is really amusing is how everyone expects CDPR to change their "comms" model. It's non-existent, ineffective, and quite frankly the least of their problems now. However, as with many matters related to consumer business, transforming and improving it would buy a lot of goodwill with their customer base. This "stealth" modification of a nearly 2k post count thread without so much as a breakout acknowledgment stinks badly. Have the moral fiber to face the inevitable Voice of the Customer.
Did anyone not know about the roadmap being updated? From what I remember, it was less than hours after the change had been made on Steam that people here were already discussing it. The thread's name is already, literally, "Updated Roadmap". Why would there need to be a completely new thread for this?

Plans. Change. That has been true throughout the entirety of human history. It is true today. It will continue to be true for the rest of time. This is a given. If there were any attempt to "hide" it, the following would have happened:

Nothing. No changes or updates would have been made anywhere.

For me, it's not how the game launched. It is after game support. The fact that the studio that developed one of the most legendary single player RPG's can not push patches out more than 2 - 3 times a year is flabbergasting. Maybe I should rephrase, the fact that they don't care to put the time into patching more than 2 - 3 times a year is flabbergasting. Plenty of indie devs, hell even single dev games patch way more often than this. Lets be clear about what this is, this isn't them with their heads down working diligently. This is corporation not taking the time to create the game they promised. This message is not intended for the 5 - 6 devs they likely have on fixing this mess, I appreciate you attempting to keep the ship afloat. It's unfortunate that your bosses chose to line their pockets instead of providing the game they promised.

Why do I get the feeling the devs want this game just to fade away, out of memory, out of mind. And out of time and existence.

One more thing about the image. It says "Free next-gen console update" No mention of PC. I'm starting to wonder whether only The Witcher receives the next-gen PC update.

Last edited:
There's a good reason to create a new thread for this roadmap change. Modifying the title and some text (as well as the damning specimen of the roadmap diagram itself), is lost against the backdrop of several thousand posts and time elapsed on a thread that is considered old or stale.

If they really wanted to be transparent, they would have opened up a new thread instead of obfuscating it against the backdrop of an old one. Most readers would pass that thread by as it LOOKS like the same tired old thread that's been there for weeks/months.

Moral Fiber. You put a message out, and not wimp out on making it difficult or not obvious to find and understand.

One more thing about the image. It says "Free next-gen console update" No mention of PC. I'm starting to wonder whether only The Witcher receives the next-gen PC update.

It's confusing, but I think the original message says PC. So, I imagine the next gen update is coming to PC. Honestly, kinda surprised they stealth dropped this compared to the next gen delay message. I'm wondering if someone jumped the gun? There has been no acknowledgment regarding the patches delay on social. Or hell, even the Red Tracker.

It's confusing, but I think the original message says PC. So, I imagine the next gen update is coming to PC.
I think (and maybe I'm wrong), but it's mainly because on PS5/Series, it will be a completely "separate" update than PS4/XB1 version. On and for PCs, it would be a "simple" update that everyone will be able to do without distinction :)
Like update 2.0 for example (to keep the same version for everyone).
XB1/PS4 : only new feature, improvments, bug fixs...
Series/PS5 : new features, improvments, bug fixs... + graphic update.
PCs : new features, improvments, bug fixs... + new graphic settings.

Last edited:
I think (and maybe I'm wrong), but it's mainly because on PS5/Series, it will be a completely "separate" update than PS4/XB1 version. On and for PCs, it would be a "simple" update that everyone will be able to do without distinction :)
Like update 2.0 for example (to keep the same version for everyone).
XB1/PS4 : only new feature, improvments, bug fixs...
Series/PS5 : new features, improvments, bug fixs... + graphic update.
PCs : new features, improvments, bug fixs... + new graphic settings.

Yeah, pc won't be left hanging, or any platform for that matter.

All that means is that after 2 years, gamers on PS5 or Series X are finally going to be able to play the game with similar visuals to what PC gamers had from day one. Let's not twist this like PC is getting the short end of the stick.

If they're not working and focusing on a MAJOR overhaul that includes a vast amount of fixes/content/etc. I really don't know what they're doing at this point.
I doubt anything major will come before expansions. Expansion DLC's is my last hope that we will get any big changes. And that does not include storyline and expanded map areas.

All that means is that after 2 years, gamers on PS5 or Series X are finally going to be able to play the game with similar visuals to what PC gamers had from day one. Let's not twist this like PC is getting the short end of the stick.
There is a plethora of things they can improve on PC. If nothing more, at least revert back the graphical fidelity that was there at launch. Let's not twist this and say just because PC has better visuals, it doesn't have to receive the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom