Updated Roadmap

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a scenario for you that ...
scenarios, yes ... amazing ... ok, here is something what may be worth to consider. I do have some experience with keeping informations on gaming portal actualised, and doing edits in old post(s) were always tricky, time consuming and the worst cases were contradicting information on more places. I understand now quite well why they updated that post here on forums, it was needed to have it in line with the main source which is here. Little problematic fact is, that edit done here (on forum) do not contain original post, which is in link I posted above (for seying original message is enough click on first sentence). This forum simply do not have functionality which is build for main source page and is needed to editing both places if things changes in the future. Imo most efficient way is edit that post here on forum with link to main source page and leave it as it is. No more edits on two places needed, because there will be just one place with most actual info.

Just suggestion ...

Last edited:
Nah….

I’m sure consolers will be jizzing their pants come the next gen patch, and those who want more stories will do their britches come the expansion. Rough start, but redeemed at the end.

That’s how it goes. They will update the game and make it better. In some ways.

Those, however, who were disappointed that the game turned out a story-shooter pretty much devoid of proper RPG mechanics or genre-relevant design ingenuity, will have to wait for a sequel or other games entirely (non-triple A or indie; big studios don’t make big proper RPGs anymore) to fill in for a good Cyberpunk RPG experience.
What are proper RPG mechanics? Honest question. I've had great fun replaying CP2077 with different choices (stealth, brutal, blades, powerpistols, all sorts :) ) And each time I've imagined my V into a different role, and it's worked for me. (Edit, CB2077 what the holy-hell?)

Last edited:
2.) Rushing things is an irresponsible way to handle any sort of business. If something needs months, and I claim I can do it in weeks, the only person I'm fooling is myself. Either I'm setting myself up for failure or going to get very, very lucky, and that's a stupid risk to take.

I dont want to be that person but number 2. is exactly what cdpr has done with this game....

2.) Rushing things is an irresponsible way to handle any sort of business. If something needs months, and I claim I can do it in weeks, the only person I'm fooling is myself. Either I'm setting myself up for failure or going to get very, very lucky, and that's a stupid risk to take.

I dont want to be that person but number 2. is exactly what cdpr has done with this game....
And that's why they delayed the next gen update.

Nothing says pulling the plug"Commitment to quality" quiet like a glorious 900x506 pixel roadmap with no tangible information except "nothing this year" in a dead thread titled "Commitment to quality" next to a non apology from the guy that is satisfied with the product and got his bonus.

What are proper RPG mechanics? Honest question. I've had great fun replaying CP2077 with different choices (stealth, brutal, blades, powerpistols, all sorts :) ) And each time I've imagined my V into a different role, and it's worked for me. (Edit, CB2077 what the holy-hell?)
Skill and stat systems building into gameplay mechanics that offer variety and opportunity for the character to attempt interactivity with the world, items, objects and NPCs in an interesting and engaging way; much like in the PnP (but before you or anyone else says anything: within the limits of the videogame medium). And obviously implemented so that the progression is rewarding and desireable (e.g. low skill actually means: bad at it, and the player feels it).

Not simply choosing left or right in a story branch, what kind of gear to use and with character progression consisting almost wholly of how much damage you do and resist and which doors and containers you can or can’t open like it is now.

Last edited:
Skill and stat systems building into gameplay mechanics that offer variety and opportunity for the character to attempt interactivity with the world, items, objects and NPCs in an interesting and engaging way; much like in the PnP (but before you or anyone else says anything: within the limits of the videogame medium). And obviously implemented so that the progression is rewarding and desireable (e.g. low skill actually means: bad at it, and the player feels it).

Not simply choosing left or right in a story branch, what kind of gear to use and with character progression consisting almost wholly of how much damage you do and resist and which doors and containers you can or can’t open like it is now.
Fair point, much of the skills progression is to do with extra damage/stamina/armour. but there is also progression in things like movement speed, abilities and dexterity with weapons, quickhack abilities etc which feel like the character definitely gets 'better'. I guess I'm content that this along with the different play-styles which can be adopted makes CP an RPG and not 'just' a playable story.

I don't know what PnP is by the way.

"Managing ones expectations" became "expecting nothing but disappointment". The roadmap became more of a "bug fixes log" than "what waits ahead".
That's unfortunately true. At first, it showed rough estimates for 1.1 and 1.2, but then they had to delay 1.2 and now they don't really communicate anything except the next-gen upgrade. (Which they had to communicate, since they announced it would be released in 2021.)

Or does this sound more logical?
Usually, you like to call out when people argue in the wrong manner and often rightfully so. Here, I would like to point out that the way you have formed this example makes people more likely to agree with your point of view, simply because the second statement also implies that the developers are lazy, while the first part does not.

Regarding the statement in general, I argue there can be multiple different reasons that the chart is like it is now. Once could very well be that they already know there won't be anything released in 2021, but they decided only to communicate the next-gen upgrade simply because they never promised anything else for 2021. (They released 1.1, 1.2 and a few DLCs.)

See, this is my point too in a perfect world, or even during a ''normal'' development cycle, but with Covid on the rise and the hurdles they've faced I would've wagered that an open line between the fans and the company akin to CIG would have done wonders in the long run and perhaps would have made the delays more bearable.

But that's captain hindsight talking, what's done is done.
From my point of view CDPR is now in a difficult spot where the receive backlash no matter what they do or don't do. Many - me including - complained about the lack of communication, but when they had the stream many complained about the stream and other things. The important distinction for me is that these complainers probably are not the same persons. Thus, CDPR has to decide who they want to tailor their communication to.

At the moment, there are probably these relevant groups:
  1. people who enjoy the game and are happy with the way CDPR handles the communication
  2. people who enjoy the game but are not happy with the way CDPR handles the communication
  3. people who complain...
(1) will probably be satisfied and content no matter what CDPR does, (2) would be happy with more communication, while (3) complains no matter what. From a customer-fan perspective, (1) and (2) should be satisfied, while (3) can be ignored for the time being. (Maybe (3) needs to see that the next-gen upgrade truly fixes the game for them.)

That being said, another way to interpret this would be that the attack surface for (3) is reduced the less the company communicates. Thus, less communication is better, because it results in less backlash.

At the moment, there are probably these relevant groups:
  1. people who enjoy the game and are happy with the way CDPR handles the communication
  2. people who enjoy the game but are not happy with the way CDPR handles the communication
Can I add a fourth category ? Close to the first but slightly "nuanced" :)
4. (or 1.1) people who enjoy the game and don't care about the way CDPR handles the communication (It will come when it will come).

I really wish that the coming content will include more and building interiors.
There are so many awesome looking buildings, but when you come close you notice that they don't even have an entrance.
We want to explore and these buildings are basically free real estate to fill.

4. People who are NOT happy with the game and don't care about communication (except false statements) and sometimes would prefer even less news but given only when CDPR is 100% sure of what they're saying.

It's not like only haters (3) exist as (1) think. Not you, just for clarity.

4. People who are NOT happy with the game and don't care about communication (except false statements) and sometimes would prefer even less news but given only when CDPR is 100% sure of what they're saying.

It's not like only haters (3) exist as (1) think. Not you, just for clarity.
5. People who aren't happy with the communication because of the states of the game since launch.

I would argue against that. If information is removed from a chart for instance this removal is also an indication that something has changed. Moving the "updates, improvements and free dlcs" section from 2021 to 2022 is an indication of something. Likewise, putting 1.31 at the very end of 2021 is also one. Sure, this could have been a mistake or an oversight, but I do not question the competence of CDPR's PR team nor the competence of the person who created this graphic. Thus, I assume it was a conscious decision to make the chart as it is. (However, mistakes can happen and I would like to point out that if this is a mistake, the PR team and the person who created it are not as a result less competent.)

It actually did. It appeared in "updates, improvments and free dlcs".

[...]

I think those two sort of contradict each other.

Actually I think Cyberpunk 2077 is exactly like they advertised it to be. It just has a lot of bugs.
Except in any part related to deep AI paths and an 'alive' open world. This world doesn't feel like it's living and breathing, it just looks nice... in most places

I just hope it doesn't release in February. February in particular is fucking stacked.

I doubt they will release it in February. As some others, I believe CDPR is hoping for the next-gen patch to be somewhat of a soft re-release. A new start for CP2077 so to say.

As such, they'll want to get the patch right and, assuming they do, capitalize as much as possible on that. Draw as much attention as they can to the game. Releasing in February would mean they'd only get a few days worth of attention until the next big title is released and grabs headlines.

My guess is they'll release it either in January or March. Personally I'm thinking March is more likely but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom