[Updated] The Witcher EE Uncensored files [Sexcards, models, blood]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
um, what was illegal about the files? I'd offer to host the files ON my site, but I'm not sure I can afford the bandwidth right now, with my hosting. But I'd be very willing to help with finding a solution. Ironically, the uncensored fix referenced on my downloads page has been up on filefront since around March (when I started building my site), and I've had no problems.

I have the UK EE version. Will this do anything for me? I looked at the extracted localized files and compared them to my default ones and they seem the same, so maybe not.Thanks.

AstroCat said:
I have the UK EE version. Will this do anything for me? I looked at the extracted localized files and compared them to my default ones and they seem the same, so maybe not.Thanks.
UK version "should" be uncensored already.

I've been using this "patch" ;) on a fresh retail EE game and I'm up to Act 2 without any problems so far (I hope this keeps up!). Although I'm in the asian region, my copy, sadly, is the NA edition :-[ This patch has let me fully enjoy the developers' original visions. LennardF1989, you rock! :beer:

I purchased TW:EE through Steam (and thus acquired the NA release version) and subsequently installed the data provided by LennardF1989. Once I moved the backed-up versions COMPLETELY out of the \DATA\ folder, this worked flawlessly. I must reiterate the caution provided by LennardF1989: Moving them into a new subdirectory under DATA did not have the desired effect. They must be moved out completely, or the game finds them and uses them! I'm deeply sorry to hear that Filefront has stomped on this, and I am greatly pleased that I was able to take advantage of the content offering before it vanished. I sincerely hope that the lack is temporary and not permanant. In that hope, I offer the following installation changes for purchasers of TW:EE through Steam, so that if others find the content on their own, they will know where it needs to be installed.For Steam purchasers of TW:EE:If you bought TW:EE through Steam, the installation process is almost identical, with the exception of where your DATA folder is located. You will find it (by default) in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\DATA. Simply back up the files (I moved them to a "BACKUP" folder in the root witcher directory) and overwrite them with the versions you secure from an EU copy of the game just as LennardF1989 describes.Caveats:1. You cannot "verify local game content" in the event of a corrupted installation. Steam's verification process will not be happy, because your files will not match and will be assumed to be corrupted. I'm fairly certain that your uncensored ones will be automatically overwritten if you perform this process, as they will NOT pass verification by Steam. For this reason you must keep backups of your uncut files elsewhere on your computer for reinstallation later, in the event of a corrupted install.2. Autopatching (which Steam will do by default) will redownload content from the Steam distribution servers. If TW:EE is patched in the future, your content will very likely revert to being censored. Keep the uncut versions backed up somewhere safe so that you can reinstall them in the event of a patch being released to Steam.Many thanks to RED for an excellent product which I am thoroughly happy to have purchased - well worth the money, unlike some other releases of late (*cough*Spore*cough*). Many thanks to LennardF1989 for assisting those of us who prefer not to kneel under the boot of retailer-and-ratings driven censorship. I stridently hope that this is but a temporary setback, as I have certainly enjoyed my play time with the original vision of the developers as it was originally created.

I have the steam version. When it updated, it replaced the localized00.bif and localized.key with the games original. All I had to do was replace it again to fix it. Steam allows mods in games, the only exception is if it replaces the .EXE or certain .dll files. You can always go into your steam properties for the witcher and turn off autoupdate if you want.

LennardF1989 said:
I'm happy that people appreciate it, thanks for the kind words. New mirrors (two I hope) will be up soon.
i hope so i want my real enhanced edition. im pretty pissed at atari/censorship o my content for a mature game. my version doesnt even have blood. the cards look like garbage on some of em even silly. its great art but art thats covered is bahh. Im hearing all about dwarf cock and ect in my game and so much swearing but theres not one boob? im like.....whats with this game. shoulda been a lower rating then.

Does this work with the Steam version (is the steam version censored) ? (I have the witcher but I lost my manual so I am thinking of buying the steam version).

LennardF1989 said:
Ps. Could someone confirm the automated email is still working? As in, you send a request and actually recieved it (you will only recieve one per day, a second request is ignored)?
Yes it is working, 2nd email was ignored, no return email.

Wampbit said:
Does this work with the Steam version (is the steam version censored) ? (I have the witcher but I lost my manual so I am thinking of buying the steam version).
It depends on where you are from, if you are from USA, yes it is censored, I would suggest just buying from amazon for retail, its only $37 with free shipping and no tax(deppends where you are for no tax), cheaper than steam and you get hard copy.

Wampbit said:
I'm in the UK - so do you think they'll do a proper version?
I am 99.999...% sure the UK is not censored. but since your from UK, it will probably save ya a few to go with retail since you won't get charged VAT or anything.

i already have the moddified bik files for the original witcher. Do i need to dl the the new bik files, or i just need the other updated files for EE

AndreD said:
i already have the moddified bik files for the original witcher. Do i need to dl the the new bik files, or i just need the other updated files for EE
The Bik movie files which you can download form my email are the uncensored movies you see ingame.

LennardF1989 said:
LennardF1989 said:
The Bik movie files which you can download form my email are the uncensored movies you see ingame.
Hi Lennard,I PM'd a reply to you a couple days ago, in case you didn't see it, I'm still VERY interested in offering linkage, credit placement, and assistance as mentioned in my earlier post. Right now I only have the download for the original edition. Just say the word..... :beer: ;D ;D ;D UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ;D ;D ;DSo as to avoid the dread double-post.... Permission has been granted. Check out www.thewitcherworld.com to see the content regarding this issue that Lennard has so kindly provided. Peoples, Lennard needs Orens for this!

A new mirror has been added to the e-mail, kindly provided by Michael DarkAngel.Another mirror will eb available soon!Thanks for the support guys.

LennardF1989 said:
A new mirror has been added to the e-mail, kindly provided by Michael DarkAngel.Another mirror will eb available soon!Thanks for the support guys.
thankyou man! I really wanna thank you as i found the game bland. this added blood? i mean im already decap'n ppl. it made the cards to their original vision and now im downloading the scenes to really see what i missed. Thank you very much. by the way i dunno how you edit bifs and localized data like that but if you could modify it like add a dot. itd be considered modified code and not the same file though with the same name. just would be mod files. like i was looking for the normal ltx file for stalker and someone in another forum said it had to be taken down original game file. they uploaded a modified filewith a few lines written different some values changed and it was not considered the same file but a mod :). i dunno if that helps ya, I just wanna say once again!Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom