[Updated] The Witcher EE Uncensored files [Sexcards, models, blood]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i downloaded both your uncencored files ...including the overide one and whenever i extract my files to the data folder it always says path does not exist and access is denied... can you please help. i have a windows vista too if that helps. I bought this game on the sole hope that i could uncensor it i just cant get into a game that has no blood and just seems held back by the esrb.

does this work for people who have downloaded the game? i bought my copy of the game from direct2drive, and there isn't a "data" folder, just .cab files titled data1, data2, and so on... you can't alter these files.

widowmaker488 said:
I have tried this today on the EE edition with a new game, and I cant seem to get it working. The first girl you bed down is Triss and its always the same as before. I backed up my old files and moved them to another drive to make sure it was not missing with it, and is still the same. Any help please, her cards also look as they did before.
Triss' first card is relatively modest in both editions; having her card be the same doesn't mean that the uncensored files aren't there.

dkoger44 said:
Hi i downloaded both your uncencored files ...including the overide one and whenever i extract my files to the data folder it always says path does not exist and access is denied... can you please help. i have a windows vista too if that helps. I bought this game on the sole hope that i could uncensor it i just cant get into a game that has no blood and just seems held back by the esrb.
It is going to depend on what version of windows you are using, the lowest one, Home basic, will not allow the modification of permissions on the system. The best way to verifie that it is not a permission issue is to go to the folder that is giving the error, and right click on it, select properties and see if you can get to the permissions tab. If you can do that, then the folder has become damaged, other than a reinstall the only other possible fix is to move the folder to another system, non vista, this will strip the permissions from the folder, then copy it back and see if that worksGlenn

hey i have vista on my computer and it wont allow me to put the new files in i just got a new laptop and i am getting into the computer gaming world and stepping into the computer realm, i would appreciate any help please PM me or post on the forum, to help out it shows that i have 4 data files that are winrar but it wont allow me to open them, and if i get it put in the files right do i have to reinstall the game please help me if it would help to post a screenshot of what i am seeing on my computer i will post one i really am lost here and any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, i hate how prudish my country is about sex and violence and the esrb is a pain

I would also like the link PM'ed to me please. It seems to be working for the other people so great work!

First off just a quick shout out to how great this game is ;DI recently bought the North American EE edition and installed the TWCF in hopes of getting the uncencored version of the game. The cards appear in their orginal forms, but the textures of the dryads, naiads, and devours all appear in a mottled warped textures. Now I don't really care about having the uncensored version; I just installed it since I'm against this kind of censorship by default, but I can't seem to find how to restore even the base textures. I've been searching around for some kind of answer to this issue. Since I haven't found anyone with this existing issue, thought I'd try posting here see if anyone has some suggestions on what I can try.Thanks in advance. :D

If you go to your C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data directory, you should see several different files that end in .bif. The uncensored patch replaces localized00.bif and localized.key. If you have your original localized00.bif and localized.key, you can simply put them back into C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data, and your game should be as it was.If you don't still have your original files, you can try downloading the uncensored patch again. It's worked for zillions of people, so it's possible that the file just got corrupted in download somehow.If you don't still have your original files AND downloading the uncensored patch again doesn't help, let me know, and I'll upload the original files, and you can try downloading those, instead.

To cover multiple items over the course of the last days...To everyone since my last post... check your PM's, and thank you for being patient while I was away from the forums.
Onden said:
Onden said:
@ONDEN: I really don't know about quests, this is however the first I've even heard of the "quests affected" concept, and I've been playing patched and unpatched since shortly after the original edition.
As it turns out I was half-remembering this Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/320696/no-pricks-in-the-witcher-%5Bupdate%5DLooks they were talking about edits of the dialog between the Polish and English versions, but not specifically changes between the UK and US versions.I found a couple links to uncensor patches on my own, and I hope I'm not giving too much away by just giving the generic site names, but one is on The Witcher World (which I'm assuming is yours), and the other is on Raine's Revolution - which is significantly larger for whatever reason. Are you aware of that other one? Are there any differences?
HI, no, not aware of the other uncensor patch, or the differences. And yes, The Witcher World is my fansite, I update it somewhat sporadically (life is hectic with work/family/etc and its a one woman project). I know there is also an uncensor patch for the original edition (I have that one also available). To those who are having difficulties with the patch: I'm sorry, I don't have the tech support for the patch, just the page with resource info. please see if the instructions on the page help. There are several versions, one for downloaded, one for hard copy. also I notice that Corylea has been assisting with it (THANK YOU!!!!). I would just ask that those who do manage to get it work after the difficulties post how / what worked... it may help others in the future. As a reminder: some of the sex cards are the same in both versions, so don't panic if after installing, the first card or two is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom