Updated to 1.06 and would crash within a minute of game time

+
Updated to 1.06 and would crash within a minute of game time

I'm running a 2500K (4.0ghz) and 970 gtx on Windows 7, with the newest Nvidia drivers. Previously I would get random crashes (goes to desktop, music plays), but they are so few and usually hours in between that it's not that big of an issue. My GPU peaks at 81C, CPU around 57C.

I updated to 1.06 today and I am currently in Novigrad at the town square just in front of Triss' house, the game would crash within a minute, I couldn't even walk to a new area within that time.

Has anyone else experienced this since updating to the new patch?

Yep, same for me, some crash since release, maybe 4 in 60 hours.
But yesterday, first one after 30 seconds, needed to hard reboot, second one after 20 minutes,hard reboot again. I only play 30 minutes yesterday.

One typical scenario after a patch is to rename the user settings .ini file wherever your game installation is located, usually /bin/x64. Doing so will let the game choose the default video/audio settings it thinks your rig is capable of - play with those settings for a bit, see how it goes. Crashing after that could then involve one of the next typical fixes, such as switching to borderless or full screen (whichever is the opposite of what you have), that sort of thing. It's just to test one setting at a time, but only after you let the game choose the optimal setting by deleting the aforementioned file.

How do I know? Used it myself after a support rep replied to my various tickets.

Top Bottom