Updates and Patches for The Witcher 2

+

Yeiiow

Forum veteran
Updates and Patches for The Witcher 2

Could we please get for the Witcher 2 homepage, an "UPDATE" category like we have on The Witcher 1 homepage ?

View attachment 2652

It is a bit frustrating having to search all around the forums in order to find where the patches are located...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• updates.jpg
    updates.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Yeiiow

Forum veteran
It makes little sense that it would be under Support in stead on it's own Update/Patch category.

If i never encounter any bug or issue with the game, so why would i then click on Support in the first place in order to find a patch note or download a patch?

Yeiiow

Forum veteran
Support is for when you have a technical issue with the product....i ask again, if you have no issues with the product then why would you contact support in the first place?

Just because it somehow makes sense for you, it does not means that it is less an issue for others...

Last edited:

Yeiiow

Forum veteran
I remember that The Witcher 2 Launcher updates the game automatically. So no need.

That does not always works as intended, also, the old Witcher 2 webpage used to have those updates displayed on the main page before, and were quite visible and accessible, don't understand why the change....

The executable file should give the answer. Check the details tab under properties. 3.4.something_or_other. I think so long as you have a "mod" option in the launcher and it equals or exceeds the version gog.com gives to download you are good to go.

Code:
 wrestool -x -t version --raw witcher2.exe
gives:
Code:
OriginalFilenamewitcher2.exe<ProductNameThe Witcher 2ProductVersion0.0.0.0DVarFileInfo$Translation�
Not very useful really.

Another method:

Code:
wine sigcheck.exe witcher2.exe

Code:
         Verified:       Unsigned
        Link date:      05:37 09/05/2013
        Publisher:      n/a
        Description:    Changelist: 2
        Product:        The Witcher 2
        Prod version:   0.0.0.0
        File version:   0.0.0.0
        MachineType:    32-bit
        Binary Version: 3.4.4.2
        Original Name:  witcher2.exe
        Internal Name:  The Witcher 2
        Copyright:      Copyright ⌐ 2011 CD Projekt Red
        Comments:       n/a

That's more informative. It's 3.4.4.2 apparently. May be there are better methods than sigcheck which use open tools, but I didn't find one so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom