Updating to 1.2 changed nothing

+
Hi I'm posting on here as instructed by GOG. I don't know if anyone else is having the same trouble as I am. I downloaded the 1.2 update yesterday. After going through 7 hours of uninstalling downloading and reinstalling the game to get it working I had a huge surprise. NOTHING has changed on my game from 1.12 and before before to 1.2. Not one single thing in the game is different. I downloaded free fly from Nexus and ran a pedestrian over. I instantly hit Free Fly toggle button and flew car and me about 4 blocks away and landed on top of Mega building 8. When i landed the police instantly spawned behind me. V still sleeps as before. No signs or billboards have changed like they said. Nothing is different.

The only thing I found that it changed is it broke the audio during news reports for me, already haven't played in over 3 months then the first mission I do contains a news clip that I can't hear. Here goes another 3 months not playing this. I should have gotten a refund. I can't even play the game properly.

BAV51

Forum regular
I would say why did you "fly" 4 blocks, why not wait on the ground to see if the police still spawn as before.

For a test like this "before and after" I would suggest removing all mods, testing then replace them.

For me as far as I can tell everything I have come across is as the patch stated (not tested everything of course). So if you are not seeing changes there is something amiss with you install.

The OP is asking about documented changes that they are not seeing. Off-topic posts deleted; this is not a topic about what you think is wrong with the the game.

@brendynkt there are many (really many) smaller and some bigger changes in play (1.2 vs 1.12). I've started in 1.2 my no.4 run and I clearly see how things changed, inculding many small nice details like dialogs of NPCs pointing to nearby quests etc. From big changes there can be named police, cars driving (including changes to some of of them) and crafting. I'm playing on PC (or GFN servers), which can be important detail.

Hi I'm posting on here as instructed by GOG. I don't know if anyone else is having the same trouble as I am. I downloaded the 1.2 update yesterday. After going through 7 hours of uninstalling downloading and reinstalling the game to get it working I had a huge surprise. NOTHING has changed on my game from 1.12 and before before to 1.2. Not one single thing in the game is different. I downloaded free fly from Nexus and ran a pedestrian over. I instantly hit Free Fly toggle button and flew car and me about 4 blocks away and landed on top of Mega building 8. When i landed the police instantly spawned behind me. V still sleeps as before. No signs or billboards have changed like they said. Nothing is different.
Gog Galaxy has the option to maintain any game at any specific "previous" version. Thus, it is technically possible your current install is not 1.2, but 1.12, which would be why you see no changes at all. Perhaps you selected that "1.12" in the settings for the game inside Gog Galaxy client accidentally?

DC9V

Forum veteran
If V still doesn't sleep correctly then there's definitely something wrong with your installation or hard drive.
Post automatically merged:

Gog Galaxy has the option to maintain any game at any specific "previous" version. Thus, it is technically possible your current install is not 1.2, but 1.12, which would be why you see no changes at all. Perhaps you selected that "1.12" in the settings for the game inside Gog Galaxy client accidentally?
or this. :ok:

I really can't be bothered to compare to much, guess 1.2 will make it so I can finish the game so that is good so far. I don't interact with the NPCs or police that much as there is no point. I play it as a story and so far it is good. But my expectations is significantly lower so that helps.

I have reinstalled the game 3 times now with same results. It's not only him sleeping different. I actually have more problems with game now than before. Nothing in the game has changed since update. Actually police spawning is worse. I can commit a crime then teleport away to badlands or anywhere and police will spawn instantly. I've had nothing but trouble starting since day I purchased the game. It started by getting charged 3 times for the game and snowballed from there. It took 3 days just to get game and updates installed after I received the code for it. I had to keep trying to switch between installing as admin or regular until I found a combination that actually installed the game. I have been in contact with GOG and still waiting from replies from CDPR about my game from December. This is scene after V wakes up from Queen of the Highway. This is what is happening throughout the game now. Notice there is no tents, structures, or vehicles anywhere.

Attachments

• photomode_07032021_211007.png
    photomode_07032021_211007.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 107
I very much doubt that nothing changed.

I had no mods installed when I first reinstalled Windows 10 20H2. I played the game to see what would happen after so many hours of trying to get the game to just install. I do not use GOG Galaxy. I have then stand alone backup version of installation that does not require GOG Galaxy. My game is 1.2! It clearly state version 1.2 at bottom of menu when you start the game. I know it is because I downloaded the 38gb update from GOG to install on top of 1.12. I can't see no dialogue from NPC's because the box is black. It never goes away. I have downloaded the installation and update again after putting Windows back on and installing all updated driver's for all my hardware. I just bought a Ryzen 5 5600x and RTX 3080 and I check every 3 days for updated drivers for my hardware even though Nvidia usually releases them about 30 days apart. I don't see no difference between playing version 1.12 and playing on version 1.2. I copied version 1.12 to a storage drive and can run both games simultaneously using virtual OS and see no difference in how the game looks and plays. There is no police names or any of that stuff on my game. The picture I took and posted shows just how bad my game is messed up. I'm at meeting Honoko at Embers now and only contact I've had with Judy is the one where you get Evelyn. She hasn't even called to say she needs help from her killing herself yet. I've already did side missions with Rogue, Kerry and even Us Cracks. Still nothing from Judy. I've played thru game about 20 times now. I've been home from being hurt at work confined to bed for a year now so not much to do. Believe me when I say the game is no different and in my opinion worse now than before. On the mission Disasterpiece right on corner room in front of the cell where you find the handcuffs, between the wall and the table is a big blotch of black boxes bouncing in and out in every direction. It takes up most of them room. It happens in a couple other places I just can't remember where. I have no control over sound anymore. I have car radio turned off and music turned of but it still plays and extremely loud. I can barely hear V or anyone else talking but the music is really loud and I don't have volume up very much. I can see that people aren't having my problems and I don't know what to do. I sent in a video of game play to CDPR and GOG to show them. This is a picture of what happens every single time I play With a Little Help From My Friends and get in truck with Pan Am to stop the Basilisk convoy. It doesn't happen with version 1.12. This also happened when I rode with River after going into BD to save Randy on The Hunt mission. It always slides into drivers seat and you inside Pan Am or River. DarthNyquil yeah something changed. The game is worse now. I came back and added a screen show of both version so people will see it is 1.2 not 1.12. They both running at the same time from separate drives.

Attachments

• photomode_20032021_180147.png
    photomode_20032021_180147.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
For what it's worth I seem to be having a worse time after the patch 1.2 on series s.
I mean, the game is just running worse now. I was getting on with it very well once I'd upgraded to new gen and would be recommending to people they should play cp2077 if they have a new console and wasn't sure about buying it. So it's not like I'm simply looking for problems or just want to moan about it. I genuinely was excited for the latest patch.
But I'm now getting longer loading times, with longer delay in graphics appearing on screen. For example the UI and map take several seconds to appear and parts of the text or pictures arrive slightly later still. There are big bright purple explosions of light sometimes when an enemy is shot and spurts blood. Guns can often delay in rendering when changing weapons and I end up shooting an empty hand. Explosions from the destructible items that I shoot are delayed and the sound of them also delayed. The game is freezing a bit more often than before, although no crashes yet.
I've got no idea what happened to be honest. I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to be like this, and am hoping that I can find a fix or something.
Unfortunately, everyone seems to have different experiences even on the same platform, so it won't be so easy to share results or solutions.
I'm going to try and reinstall (I've already tried new character) but really at the very worst it should be running as well as it was before the patch, but somehow the patch has had an effect - just not the effect I was hoping for.

For me the game is running a lot better than I remember on my PS4 Pro and in the two hours I was able handle I didn't notice any technical issues but I did buy an expensive SSD so perhaps that is improving things too. However after reading this thread I do remember that V still slept halfway on the floor and I forgot to check the police spawn situation...maybe I didn't play two hours but it felt like a long time.

I also have after updating to version 1.2, nothing has changed, despite the fact that the game itself was indicated that version 1.2, but after checking how Vi goes to bed, I realized that the changes did not apply, Vi went to bed crookedly as it was before version 1.2. I then decided to enable file checking in GOG, an update of 28 mb was updated, the files were updated goggame-galaxyFileList.ini, goglog.ini, Launch Cyberpunk 2077, and 4 files of unins000., after that, I checked how Vi goes to bed and, lo and behold, now he goes to bed correctly. Check your files after updates.

For me the game is running a lot better than I remember on my PS4 Pro and in the two hours I was able handle I didn't notice any technical issues but I did buy an expensive SSD so perhaps that is improving things too. However after reading this thread I do remember that V still slept halfway on the floor and I forgot to check the police spawn situation...maybe I didn't play two hours but it felt like a long time.
Have to say, this has helped me out. Your mention of Ssd sparked an idea. Just before I resorted to reinstall I tried moving cyberpunk to the internal ssd on the series S. The performance is way better now. Not sure what they did, but despite having a decent external (recommended seagate) the game now runs poorly if it isn't on the xbox internal drive. It was running OK on the seagate before. Oh well, I figured I should post back here to clarify.
I'm still getting that weird purple light explosion occasionally when an enemy spouts blood, but the delay and freezing has pretty much stopped.
So I guess the game is optimised now for the faster drive, I thought the patch was supposed to make it more 'last gen friendly' . I'm no expert but it seems even my new gen struggled if the new hardware isn't acompanied by the fast internal drive.
At least the performance is sorted.

I have tried it on my western digital black 2280 M.2 PCIE 3 x 4 and my Samsung 970 Pro and same results. I have even tried my 4tb western digital storage drive. I have literally tried everything. I installed GOG and no files has downloaded and it doesn't say I'm missing anything.

it's on an external drive. I saved it as a working image to reinstall to bypass all the GOG trouble with install's and updates . The way they use Inno Setup and make you have to have so much temp usage is crazy. That 1.2 update told me I had to have over 320gb of storage to update the game. I'm not going thru the hassle of making scripts and repacking the game after using innoextract when I can keep a clean fresh image of latest install. I have not found any outside dependencies that Cyberpunk 2077 needs. I have copied the game over to my hard drive 3 times before 1.2 from my storage drive and played it with no trouble outside of no uninstall from apps and programs. It's easier. Just delete the folder and copy again if needed. Everything in the game still works perfectly.

DC9V

Forum veteran
it's on an external drive. I saved it as a working image to reinstall to bypass all the GOG trouble with install's and updates . The way they use Inno Setup and make you have to have so much temp usage is crazy. That 1.2 update told me I had to have over 320gb of storage to update the game. I'm not going thru the hassle of making scripts and repacking the game after using innoextract when I can keep a clean fresh image of latest install. I have not found any outside dependencies that Cyberpunk 2077 needs. I have copied the game over to my hard drive 3 times before 1.2 from my storage drive and played it with no trouble outside of no uninstall from apps and programs. It's easier. Just delete the folder and copy again if needed. Everything in the game still works perfectly.
Hm... If you would be using GOG I would recommend to validate the game files.
Also try to defrag your external drive if it's not an SSD.

Top Bottom