Updating your drivers (links included)

+
Updating your drivers (links included)

In this topic, i will try to give as many links as possible for drivers updates. Having the latest drivers is one important thing if you want your computer to run smoothly, also, it sometimes fixe things that you dont even know they were not working properly. Your system is very complex, there are many components in it. It is not only a question of video and sound drivers, you have the chipset of your motherboard, usb, ata/ide drivers, network card, BIOS, CD/DVD rom firmware etc....Each individual type of component will have its own block, in it, there will be links to the support area of it. If you dont know what your chipset is, or what ind of soundcard you have, i will include tools to find it out.This is a work in progress and i will add as many links as i can. If you see some that are not listed here, post a reply and i will add it. That reply will be deleted just to keep the topic clean and easy to follow ! Thank you for your help.

Windows update is very important, if you want to have the latest security or hot fix, you need to have a look at windows update, also, there is some updates that wont never be on the windows update application (like directx), for those, there is another link to get them.Microsoft UpdateMicrosoft Download This site has a lot of categories, have a look at it, you could have surprises.

Updating your BIOS firmware is not an easy task but nothing that can't be done, if you follow the installation instructions, you shouldn't have any problems. If you dont know which bios or what version you have, use System info for windows, go in the Bios tab and you will see the brand and the version of your BIOS. Next, go to the website of your motherboard company and, find your motherboard model, you will then find updates for your bios. If there is a new revision, you will see the number of your rev will be lower than the one on the website.

Top Bottom