Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

+
mark5916;n10421882 said:
Does it make any difference with those two features disabled?
That with the included both options, that with disconnected, the same, with disconnected even worse in my opinion.

Its been 3 weeks and 6 days since someone here promised an update. Naturally I wouldnt be in a rush but as I cant play this game for few months I think I have the right to ask where is this update and how come FEW weeks is becoming a month?

Ivanka535;n10455422 said:
Supersampling comes with a higher resolution, in this case with 2160с, you can limit this resolution to 1800с, or less. This should reduce the load on the CPU (In theory).

I don't think that's possible with The Witcher 3, as that game doesn't run with an dynamic resolution.

So, it's either way 2160p native or with the checkerboard technique up to that resolution, and then down sampled to 1080p on TVs that supports that resolution.

Digital Foundry explained it pretty well.

We can confirm our first report in terms of basic image quality - what you get on PS4 Pro is 2160p image, achieved through checkerboard rendering. Technically, the console is rendering out half the number of pixels compared to a true 4K image - essentially 1920x2160. Horizontal resolution is cut, and the result is a little blurrier than you might expect from the real deal. However, PS4 Pro's checkerboard technique attempts to mitigate the quality loss using pixel information from the previous frame - and in a still screenshot, it creates a respectable illusion of a full 3840x2160.

The end really justifies the means, and PS4 Pro looks visibly sharper, cleaner than a regular PS4 image at a native 1080p - the one caveat being that motion blur shouldn't be disabled. Doing so unravels the effect just a tad and image integrity can be compromised, noticeable on high contrast edges. Downsampling on Pro for 1080p users looks great meanwhile: in fact, a standard PS4 looks almost raw and lacking in anti-aliasing on foliage elements, which this patch cleans up beautifully on Pro. Whether you run the machine with 1080p or 4K output selected, you enjoy a better image all round, and the upgrades in visual settings apply in 1080p mode too.

So, as you can see there is no 1800p. It's native 1920x2160p up-scaled to 3840x2160p and then down sampled to 1080p. (on non 4K TV Monitors)

Last edited:
And 2 months since 1.60 patch with HDR arrived for xbox.... i bought second time witcher 3 with all dlc's for ps4 pro(i have it for pc with all dlc's) because want to play game again with hdr and atm i end game with 60 lvl and still no hdr patch and game crashes... how long we must wait for patch on PS4??

Last edited:
It's been way too long of a wait for the patch on the PS4/Pro. 5 weeks went by since the 16th of January. Letting us know how the patch is coming along would be greatly appreciated.

In polish calendar "few weeks" actually means 6 or more as we are almost 2 months pass the few weeks promise. When someone says "few weeks" you can almost always conclude that he does not give a damn about you waiting

hmm so Marcin's Momot: Feb 22, 2018 "
Should have more info on that next week. Sorry about the silence."
was again lie like in 20th December "few weeks" and we still haven't repair for crashes on ps4/pro and still no hdr since 20th December 2017...

Mefiaczek;n10662231 said:
hmm so Marcin's Momot: Feb 22, 2018 "
Should have more info on that next week. Sorry about the silence."
was again lie like in 20th December "few weeks" and we still haven't repair for crashes on ps4/pro and still no hdr since 20th December 2017...

It's like "Sorry about the silence but we'll keep you in silence still"

You guys better be aware of the ALL audio glitch going out in crookback bog on at least the ps4 version. I've emailed you guys recently multiple times about this bug and got a lazy response like "go in the gwent menu to fix the audio going out." Yea, the problem is, YOU CAN'T REALLY LEAVE BECAUSE ITS A FORCED MAIN STORY SCENE, and, it just happens to be, I don't know, only the COOLEST SCENE IN THE GAME where you meet the crones/that talking tree.

I know several other people getting this glitch since at least 1.31. It happens when you enter that cave with the talking tree. If its not fixed I'm going to be so let down by CDPR. The scenes are completley ruined if you get this audio bug, which is probably like a 1/3 chance of getting it. Closing w3 application on ps4 and starting it back up fixes it, but still, that's not really a solution since this is a developer problem not a player problem

Alicja.;n10677661 said:
The patch is in the works. We’ll provide more information as soon as we can.

All I can say now – it will include inventory crash fix.

I guess I can say thank you even though I have been bragging about this for months on this forum. As soon as this patch comes I shall be leaving everyone here at peace but just for the future reference as I am huge fan of the game and was devastated when I found out I couldnt play anymore - be more transparent and majority of normal people will understand and be patient. Keeping quiet will get people angry. If I was told in december that my game couldnt work till april but it would start working eventually in may and if I was ensured once in february and once in march that the struggle is real I wouldnt even post a single word out here.

skovacevic96;n10679511 said:
I guess I can say thank you even though I have been bragging about this for months on this forum. As soon as this patch comes I shall be leaving everyone here at peace but just for the future reference as I am huge fan of the game and was devastated when I found out I couldnt play anymore - be more transparent and majority of normal people will understand and be patient. Keeping quiet will get people angry. If I was told in december that my game couldnt work till april but it would start working eventually in may and if I was ensured once in february and once in march that the struggle is real I wouldnt even post a single word out here.

>As soon as this patch comes I shall be leaving everyone here at peace

I hope CDPR works long hours then...;) :p

ScoutBr0;n10053591 said:
Any word on HDR for PC?

Ya very curious why they wouldn't implement HDR on the platform that has by far the most GPU processing power available but roll it out on console platforms that struggle to run the games at a sad 30fps? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I would like to know that as well. It's getting really long to release that patch.

I have Witcher trilogy on PC, all bought on release day. Now I also own PS4 version but im still waiting for a 1.60 patch before playing.

One thing I can't understand is why you don't plan Performance mode for PS4 Pro. On this generation CPU was the bottleneck and most of issues with games were because CPU couldn't keep up. In XOX we have still same old 2,3 GHz Jaguar CPU and in PS4 Pro there's 2,1 GHz same Jaguar. What's the problem with giving Pro same performance mode patch but with 5 FPS lower because of CPU? We would still love this.

I was very upset when you announced that you won't suppport Pro at all but you've changed your mind when XOX was released. What's your problem with PlayStation? It has much wider userbase than Xbox and Pro is much, much more popular than XOX so I don't get that why you act like you don't care for PS and you care for Xbox.

GodlikeRU;n10712801 said:
I would like to know that as well. It's getting really long to release that patch.

I have Witcher trilogy on PC, all bought on release day. Now I also own PS4 version but im still waiting for a 1.60 patch before playing.

One thing I can't understand is why you don't plan Performance mode for PS4 Pro. On this generation CPU was the bottleneck and most of issues with games were because CPU couldn't keep up. In XOX we have still same old 2,3 GHz Jaguar CPU and in PS4 Pro there's 2,1 GHz same Jaguar. What's the problem with giving Pro same performance mode patch but with 5 FPS lower because of CPU? We would still love this.

I was very upset when you announced that you won't suppport Pro at all but you've changed your mind when XOX was released. What's your problem with PlayStation? It has much wider userbase than Xbox and Pro is much, much more popular than XOX so I don't get that why you act like you don't care for PS and you care for Xbox.

>What's the problem with giving Pro same performance mode patch but with 5 FPS lower because of CPU? We would still love this.

Wait a moment!

5 FPS less in performance mode?

What kind of performance mode would that be?

Performance mode means greater fps at the expense of visuals.

The game barely runs at 30fps on a PS4 Pro.

So, how you have imagined that? ;)

>What's your problem with PlayStation? It has much wider userbase than Xbox and Pro is much, much more popular than XOX so I don't get that why you act like you don't care for PS and you care for Xbox.

It doesn't mater which console is more popular or has the greater exclusives and alike, as we are talking about that particular game only.

For better or worse, the XBOX One X is the faster console from that comparison.

And the two visual options on XBOX One X works as follow:

4K Mode: It delivers a "stable 30fps game-play,” according to CDPR that appears to be native 4K resolution.

On the PS4 Pro that game doesn't run at a native 4K resolution, so that's a minus point on that matter against PS4 Pro.

Performance Mode: That option runs the game at up to 60 fps, and scales the resolution dynamically between 1080p and 4K in an effort to meet that frame rate target.

On that matter, neither the PS4 or even the PS4 pro can keep up with that.

Besides, XBOX One X (so Microsoft on that matter) seems to prefer to ship their games with an unlocked frame rate and like to compensate any performance loss with an variable resolution workaround. (dynamic resolution)

Something that Sony seems not to prefer at all on the most games.

We have two consoles, with two different performance workarounds.

And as Sony's console is inferior against an XBOX One X (performance wise), that doesn't help the above situation either.

Note: And If you are asking on which Console i play the Witcher 3, YES i play the game on a PS4 Pro.

Am i fully satisfied with the performance (with that particular game) on that Console? Nope, I'm not.

So, it has nothing to do if I'm an fan boy or not, it's just that this particular game runs better on the XBOX One X Console against an PS4 (PS4 Pro)

Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think you understood what I meant. There is also a lot of false informations in your post. Please check the info before you argue with me.

Wait a moment!

5 FPS less in performance mode?

What kind of performance mode would that be?

Performance mode means greater fps at the expense of visuals.

I don't think you know how it works now. Xbox one x performance mode offers 40 - 60 fps and xox has slightly higher clocked cpu than pro and the cpu was the main bottleneck in Witcher 3 on base consoles. Because of it I predict that on Ps4 Pro we should se something like 35-55 so I would like to see that mode on Ps4 Pro too and if it isn't possible then I would like to hear why ( maybe frames were too often under 50s. Gpu can't keep at least 50 fps in less demanding areas etc). If you want stable 60 fps then performance mode on xox is not for you.

The game barely runs at 30fps on a PS4 Pro.

So, how you have imagined that? ;)
Eee what? Is this a troll or something? Framerate is mostly stable 30 fps with 4K checkerboard rendering. If some minor fps issues makes you say that it barely runs then 99,9% of games runs barely 30 fps and it works same way on Xbox one x too. Did you even play or at least watch gameplay on YouTube?

It doesn't mater which console is more popular or has the greater exclusives and alike, as we are talking about that particular game only.
Your thinking is so naive. It's very important in reality as developers actually makes the game for the more popular console and then cuts it and ports to the less popular one. That's how it was with old gen where games were did for x360 and then cut to fit ps3 and that's how its now.

4K Mode: It delivers a "stable 30fps game-play,” according to CDPR that appears to be native 4K resolution.

On the PS4 Pro that game doesn't run at a native 4K resolution, so that's a minus point on that matter against PS4 Pro.

Well it's false information here again. It tries to run as close as possible to native 4k using dynamic resolution. On Ps4 Pro it's on fixed checkerboard 4K without dynamic scaling. It can sometimes run native 4K on xox but it can also run in 1800p.

Performance Mode: That option runs the game at up to 60 fps, and scales the resolution dynamically between 1080p and 4K in an effort to meet that frame rate target.

On that matter, neither the PS4 or even the PS4 pro can keep up with that.
PS4 is too slow but Pro can't do it because?

Besides, XBOX One X (so Microsoft on that matter) seems to prefer to ship their games with an unlocked frame rate and like to compensate any performance loss with an variable resolution workaround. (dynamic resolution)

Something that Sony seems not to prefer at all on the most games.
And I can tell you why. Because XBOX one was so slow that it couldn't maintain 30 fps with FullHD resolution so Microsoft asked developers to implement dynamic resolution instead of fixed subHD to make it look better on the paper as dynamic 1080p looks much better than 900p. It helped also with games with not consistent framerates to get close or even achieve 1080p mote often.

Sony never needed that so they never asked devs to do it but there are some games with dynamic scaling on Ps4 too and it's up to the developer whether to implement it or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom