Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

+
The Witcher 3 looks and runs great on Xbox One X. I prefer the 4K mode, but the Performance/60fps mode is a really great achievement for CD Projekt Red.

I only have the w3 on a non pro ps4, but I've been looking at all the various sites like reddit, gamefaqs, and resetEra and everyone seems to be very amazed and highly impressed with this xbox X patch so far. You should be proud of yourselves, CDPR!

One thing though, I've seen mentions that there are still several crashing issues with the ps4 pro patch a few weeks ago. People are saying they're getting a lot of crashes with the inventories being all clogged up and crashes around in Novigrad. Please fix this!

Last edited:
icy1007;n10058091 said:
HDR isn't an exclusive feature to Xbox One. It is coming to PS4 as well. HDR isn't really a thing with PC gaming yet. PC monitors with HDR10 support are not available.

But you don't need to hookup a monitor especifically, some of us game on HDR capable tv's which many PC games support. Not having HDR on PC becase there aren't many HDR capable monitors (yet) is no excuse.

Guest 2364765

icy1007;n10058091 said:
HDR isn't an exclusive feature to Xbox One. It is coming to PS4 as well. HDR isn't really a thing with PC gaming yet. PC monitors with HDR10 support are not available.

I meant to quote instead of giving redpoint but eh, whatever.

Either way, not doing it because there are no monitors now is flat out stupid and not even an argument given the work has been already done.
Especially since it's been done on Xbox specifically, which is flat out Windows 10 with DX11/12 so porting the feature on PC is probably not even worth 15 minutes of someones lunch break.

People are still playing Witcher 1 nowadays, which is over 10 years old, there's no reason to believe same will not be the case with Witcher 3 - and by then HDR will be as common as 1080p monitors are today.

Demanding the development of HDR support would be unreasonable, yes. But since the work has been already done, leaving out just the PC without even giving an explanation would be a flat out dick move. There, i said it.

Just wanted to leave another note - would LOVE to see HDR patched in for PC, although the state of HDR with Windows 10 and Nvidia is kind of a disaster right now. I'm hoping that's the primary driver for the decision and that we'll get it eventually.... but a short statement on the topic would be pretty cool :)

As far as I know, HDR on PS4 will arrive in January.
At this point the only things CDPR needs to address are:
1) Performance mode for PS4 Pro
2) HDR for PC version of the game

I would love to get especially the performance mode. My PC isn’t very powerful for now, and I wish to play the game in that mode. Given that PS4 Pro’s CPU is slightly less powerful than Xbox One X’s(same Jaguar CPU architecture basically, just a bit downclocked on Pro in comparison with X), I think it is possible to pull it out on a Pro, with any nececcary graphical sacrifices-I’m more than willing to go for them if needed to, I personally don’t mind. Perhaps it would be better to not to have any sort of 4K in that mode, but again, 1080p-720p dynamic resolution scaling.

For PC users though, I think it would be very good to implement HDR. They have got every possible graphical setting to be tweaked in the game, and the only thing missing in that regard is HDR support. I mean, don’t you, CDPR, would like to see for yourselves how the game would look like on Ultra settings, with HDR enabled?…indeed, it would be fascinating to see to say the least.

I played the game when it first came out and have replayed it several times since then.... I have a One X and with this update the game looks worse to me... It has a been several months since I have played so maybe I am remembering wrong. It just feels like the draw distance is halved and the textures aren't loading in correctly. Maybe I'm wrong but does anyone else feel the same way?

So when will PS4 Pro got Performance Mode? Don't say that it doesn't have enough power since that mode only about unlock framerate and lower resolution to 1080p.

Wow, that's a first. I recall the CD Projekt of yore, releasing Enhanced Version of The Witcher 1, then releasing an enhanced version of the Witcher 2 to bring it to parity with the newly released console version. A few years later, a major feature releases on Xbox, is being worked on on PS4, but flat out ignored on PC.
A pity, we have seen the Witcher 3 running at 8K 60 fps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNz-CLzEcCs) but it looks like to enjoy it with HDR, we have to play it on console, without any mod, at 30 fps max at 4K. If I didn't know better, I'd say CDPR priorities have shifted ...

Guys, I'm sorry but quit whining. Consoles are going to get things PC multiplatform games don't get, and vice versa. The X and pro getting enhancements is literally not an issue and is only a good thing.

The problem is that PC still gets hurt and limited by the existence of underpower consoles (and this is not CDPR fault)...yeah i know that Witcher 3 wouldn't be possible if it haven't release to consoles (everyone deserves to enjoy this game) and you get the visual downgrade because of that...but if you wanna implement a feature on a system (inferior) then why not doing to all of them if you target platform equality.

JUANMAS7ER;n10071311 said:
The problem is that PC still gets hurt and limited by the existence of underpower consoles (and this is not CDPR fault)...yeah i know that Witcher 3 wouldn't be possible if it haven't release to consoles (everyone deserves to enjoy this game) and you get the visual downgrade because of that...but if you wanna implement a feature on a system (inferior) then why not doing to all of them if you target platform equality.

Part of it is that PC would require alot more time and resource to patch then the consoles. They are a 1 and done type thing, you know exactly what your going to be building it for and that everyone will have the same OS/Driver/Hardware.Where as a PC patch would require setting up new driver compatibility, taking into affect multiple resolutions, different GFX card types and there inherent softwares etc. Not saying its a earthshattering task but it would take more time and resources then consoles being patched up.

We deal with something similar at my work, when we push a update to our virtual server environment its simple. we know everyone is using the exact same software/hardware. But when we push a patch to 20,000 desktops all which can have different programs, drivers, and hardware configs. Our help desks gets swamped with tickets.

Offskee;n10072351 said:
Part of it is that PC would require alot more time and resource to patch then the consoles. They are a 1 and done type thing, you know exactly what your going to be building it for and that everyone will have the same OS/Driver/Hardware.Where as a PC patch would require setting up new driver compatibility, taking into affect multiple resolutions, different GFX card types and there inherent softwares etc. Not saying its a earthshattering task but it would take more time and resources then consoles being patched up.

We deal with something similar at my work, when we push a update to our virtual server environment its simple. we know everyone is using the exact same software/hardware. But when we push a patch to 20,000 desktops all which can have different programs, drivers, and hardware configs. Our help desks gets swamped with tickets.

It's the irony of having a open system vs a close system. The first gives you options, but in this case because of it's nature we have less options for W3

It'd be odd if the PC version didn't get HDR support down the line, because excluding that feature, it's still the definitive version of The Witcher 3 with support for higher refresh rates with (up to 4K/120Hz with the upcoming updated HDMI standard), mod support (community sourced higher resolution assets by Halk Hogan, boostin4k and more) and more (advanced graphics options that can be tweaked even further outside the game). It'd be a shame to make a decision based on available support for HDR compatible displays (which will become standard) between one of the two console that while perform adequately, don't compare to the PC in terms of responsiviness versions versus the GOG / Steam version that will scale endlessly into the future when revisiting The Witcher 3 five years, or a decade from today.

I certainly hope that the PC version gets HDR support, even though I don't own a HDR display today. On this subject, I think it'd be wise to include options for setting the peak brightness well beyond the 1000 nits that seems to the 'cap' for some HDR enabled titles out there. While today's 4K displays are having trouble hitting that target (namely OLED, which currently appears to pale in comparison to traditional LED backlit sets in this area. Source: www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/peak-brightness), it's possible displays will be measuring well beyond that in a few years time. From what I've gathered, some UHD Blu-ray discs are being mastered for a peak brightness of 4000 nits today for future proofing - a number which none of today's consumer TV displays are seemingly even close to hitting. In the case of games, I imagine future proofing in this way is more or less as simple as changing a digit. But the bottom line is, there should probably be option to change that number (peak brightness).

Last edited:
Late to the party it seems. Anyways, no HDR support for PC and apparently no plans for it even... This is seriously annoying CDPR, in my opinion at least, which I bet is shared by many PC gamers. Please, CDPR, don't forget your origins.

So CDPR is really intent on annoying the community that made them great by not delivering HDR to Pcs. Screw that. Boycotting their next game as a result of this stupid behaviour.

Guest 4071710

iCake;n10078091 said:
Late to the party it seems. Anyways, no HDR support for PC and apparently no plans for it even... This is seriously annoying CDPR, in my opinion at least, which I bet is shared by many PC gamers. Please, CDPR, don't forget your origins.

Aren't you a bit over reacting?

akaliptos92;n10081671 said:
Aren't you a bit over reacting?

Tell me how I do :) Overreacting would be something like going full bashing and all rage on CDPR, my point was merely an observation of the current state of affairs.

Top Bottom