Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

+
Everyone stay civil is all.

PC users may be disappointed. I am not, since Witcher 3 looks great on my system already and I don't feel the need for parity. But some of you may and that's fine. Just be friendly and polite about it.

The witcher 3 used to run like a dream on my ps4 pro, but since the 4k patch got addedi get a lot of crashes and bad framerates. Please tell me this will be fixed or we will get the performance mode aswell.

Guest 4071710

iCake;n10081781 said:
Tell me how I do :) Overreacting would be something like going full bashing and all rage on CDPR, my point was merely an observation of the current state of affairs.

Sorry i wanted to quote MelvinSmiley.

Guest 2364765

Sardukhar;n10082651 said:

PC users may be disappointed. I am not, since Witcher 3 looks great on my system already and I don't feel the need for parity. But some of you may and that's fine. Just be friendly and polite about it.

Well, to be honest it boils down to what CDPR were hoping for with making such statement.

Leaving out a technical feature out from technically leading platform WILL make people angry, it doesn't take a genius to predict that much. If at least they had provided a detailed explanation as to why their choice was as it is, maybe some people would understand.

I mean, if PC is about something, it sure is technical leadership - so yeah, by leaving that one out you're bound to stir some shit.

skacikpl;n10087241 said:
Leaving out a technical feature out from technically leading platform WILL make people angry, it doesn't take a genius to predict that much. If at least they had provided a detailed explanation as to why their choice was as it is, maybe some people would understand.

The lack of explanation may be frustrating, but it is understandable from the developers' point of view. Most likely it is simply not worth it economically to port the feature to PC: only a minority of users has an HDR capable display, it would increase customer service costs if it does not work correctly on some configurations, for example because of GPU driver issues, and a new version of the game would need to be tested and released after 1.5 years, only for HDR (on the Xbox, it is a part of a larger upgrade). However, if someone is already convinced that it is the result of some secret exclusivity deal with console vendors (or whatever other reason), they would not accept the explanation anyway. Or it would be argued endlessly that the explanation is wrong. I have seen the same happening with explanations given to story related decisions. In the end, I am not surprised when developers prefer to remain silent when it comes to controversial topics, because everything they say can (and often will) be used against them. :)

There is a chance however that HDR support is in fact already being worked on for PC, it is just not ready to be announced yet.

Guest 2364765

sv3672;n10088001 said:
The lack of explanation may be frustrating, but it is understandable from the developers' point of view. Most likely it is simply not worth it economically to port the feature to PC

Develop? yes, Port? No.

Let me reiterate that
a) Engine already supports it, since the feature has been developed already
b) Xbox one is already a 64 bit PC running windows 10 and using DX 11/12.

Most of the work has been done already.

skacikpl;n10088051 said:
Develop? yes, Port? No.

Let me reiterate that
a) Engine already supports it, since the feature has been developed already
b) Xbox one is already a 64 bit PC running windows 10 and using DX 11/12.

Most of the work has been done already.

Sorry but no, its just not that simple. Way more work then simply flicking a switch you imagine already exists.

Guest 2364765

Offskee;n10088891 said:
Sorry but no, its just not that simple. Way more work then simply flicking a switch you imagine already exists.

I'm not saying it's as easy as flipping the switch but major bulk of the work has been already done.
Basically the engine is now capable of outputting 10/12 bit color output so all that's left on PC side is letting the system and driver know it's doing so.
I wouldn't imagine this would require enough work to be economically unviable.

I can't say how it goes for AMD, but for NVIDIA all driver specific work boils down to single page:
https://developer.nvidia.com/displaying-hdr-nuts-and-bolts

Given you already have 10/12 bit frame you wish to output on HDR display (which is the case since this is an engine level feature)

Last edited by a moderator:
skacikpl;n10089041 said:
I'm not saying it's as easy as flipping the switch but major bulk of the work has been already done.
Basically the engine is now capable of outputting 10/12 bit color output so all that's left on PC side is letting the system and driver know it's doing so.
I wouldn't imagine this would require enough work to be economically unviable.

You'd be surprised an example for you.

Just this week my company was tasked with pushing a small sound driver update, literally just a version update with minor stability fixes. The techs pushed it to Gold Disk with only 1 day in the lab for QC. With in an hour of deployment to only 1 of the 3 environments we operate with over 20,000 clients on, we had over 100 tickets ranging from buzzing in speakers to no sound to full on Blue screens of death. 3 days later, we had to tell our customer that after review of the problem, it will take almost 2 months to have a stable version of the sound driver ready for Gold Disk. And that's just a sound driver.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Just because it looks like everything is pretty much ready and good, doesn't mean a thing if you haven't opened it up and actually looked at its guts with how it will work with all the variables.

Regardless I've said all I can say, I got sleepy times to make.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n10082651 said:

I think it would need HDR. So, since it has me as supporter, it definitely is a requirement, cause I feel like it's needed.
See where the fault is in arguments like this?

Also, i wish cdpr didnt feel the need for parity prior to release...

Guest 3790055

Is the population density improved on Xbox One X?

BigDRim;n10098381 said:

I do not know, but this setting is largely CPU limited, so even if it was improved, the increase would probably not be large.

Guest 3790055

sv3672;n10102731 said:
I do not know, but this setting is largely CPU limited, so even if it was improved, the increase would probably not be large.

Well I was hoping that the 0.6 GHz bump in frequency would be used toward that kind of things in the 4K mode.

BigDRim;n10098381 said:

NO, i don't think so.

The game should not be manipulated as quantity concerns.

It should look exactly the same (as quantity concerns) regardless if someone uses an regular XBOX One, XBOX S or even a XBOX X Console.

So, you will not see any more trees, more people or more buildings as the games code is the same.

You will notice enhancements though, like richer details, faster loading times, higher resolution and steadier frame-rates. (depending the game in question) ;)

Would be great to get Performance Mode on PS4 Pro too, this mode is more like CPU Bounded so it will be just fine.

Welcome to the reality of multi-platform development - someone usually gets left behind. Hopefully PC gets this with cyberpunk. They've only spent about a decade upgrading their engine at this point.
:hai:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was updated to this patch on a normal Xbox one without a way of not downloading as I don't own the x yet. My main gripe though is that this patch did not address 2 main quest breaking bugs for the wolf gear in kaer morhen or the ofier's distant shores u loot able chest diagram. I'm guessing these aren't going to be fixed but I'd love to clear these up as one has an achievement. Mayne when I'm finished I'll try new game plus but as of now no fixes exist that I've come across. By the way this is my first post. Absolute amazing game otherwise and would buy again.

Top Bottom