Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

+
GodlikeRU;n10714241 said:
I don't think you understood what I meant. There is also a lot of false informations in your post. Please check the info before you argue with me.

I don't think you know how it works now. Xbox one x performance mode offers 40 - 60 fps and xox has slightly higher clocked cpu than pro and the cpu was the main bottleneck in Witcher 3 on base consoles. Because of it I predict that on Ps4 Pro we should se something like 35-55 so I would like to see that mode on Ps4 Pro too and if it isn't possible then I would like to hear why ( maybe frames were too often under 50s. Gpu can't keep at least 50 fps in less demanding areas etc). If you want stable 60 fps then performance mode on xox is not for you.

Eee what? Is this a troll or something? Framerate is mostly stable 30 fps with 4K checkerboard rendering. If some minor fps issues makes you say that it barely runs then 99,9% of games runs barely 30 fps and it works same way on Xbox one x too. Did you even play or at least watch gameplay on YouTube?

Your thinking is so naive. It's very important in reality as developers actually makes the game for the more popular console and then cuts it and ports to the less popular one. That's how it was with old gen where games were did for x360 and then cut to fit ps3 and that's how its now.

Well it's false information here again. It tries to run as close as possible to native 4k using dynamic resolution. On Ps4 Pro it's on fixed checkerboard 4K without dynamic scaling. It can sometimes run native 4K on xox but it can also run in 1800p.

PS4 is too slow but Pro can't do it because?

And I can tell you why. Because XBOX one was so slow that it couldn't maintain 30 fps with FullHD resolution so Microsoft asked developers to implement dynamic resolution instead of fixed subHD to make it look better on the paper as dynamic 1080p looks much better than 900p. It helped also with games with not consistent framerates to get close or even achieve 1080p mote often.

Sony never needed that so they never asked devs to do it but there are some games with dynamic scaling on Ps4 too and it's up to the developer whether to implement it or not.

>I don't think you know how it works now. Xbox one x performance mode offers 40 - 60 fps and xox has slightly higher clocked cpu than pro and the cpu was the main bottleneck in Witcher 3 on base consoles. Because of it I predict that on Ps4 Pro we should se something like 35-55 so I would like to see that mode on Ps4 Pro too and if it isn't possible then I would like to hear why ( maybe frames were too often under 50s. Gpu can't keep at least 50 fps in less demanding areas etc). If you want stable 60 fps then performance mode on xox is not for you.

That's not how it works on a console.

Why you think, CDPR has locked the frame rate to either 30 or 60 fps on the XBOX One X?

It's either 30 and you make the game to look as prettier as possible (either with a native resolution if the hardware can keep up) or 60 fps by sing the dynamic resolution technique.

And that what XBOX One does with the Witcher 3.

There is no 33-55 fps and alike. That would cause lag to the game.

>Eee what? Is this a troll or something? Framerate is mostly stable 30 fps with 4K checkerboard rendering. If some minor fps issues makes you say that it barely runs then 99,9% of games runs barely 30 fps and it works same way on Xbox one x too.

And again you are completely wrong on that matter too.

The Witcher 3 runs at a native 4K resolution on XBOX One X and does not use the checkerboarding technique for "up-scaling" the game to 4K, but uses dynamic resolution scaling to ensure a consistent game-play.

The XBOX One X uses checkerboarding on games like Anthem and Assassin’s Creed: Origins for example.

And i have no problem to accept that the PS4 Pro runs the game beautifully on a 4K TV with the above technique you mentioned, but it does run the game just acceptable on a 1080p TV.

>our thinking is so naive. It's very important in reality as developers actually makes the game for the more popular console and then cuts it and ports to the less popular one. That's how it was with old gen where games were did for x360 and then cut to fit ps3 and that's how its now.

You are again wrong.

We are not talking about a new game release (wake up buddy!)

The Witcher 3 was released worldwide on May 19 2015.

The Witcher 3 was made on a PS4 at first and then ported to an XBOX One and on the PC later.

What CDPR has done now, has nothing to do with preferences in mind.

They just optimized the game to play as good as possible on each of those two consoles.

>Well it's false information here again. It tries to run as close as possible to native 4k using dynamic resolution. On Ps4 Pro it's on fixed checkerboard 4K without dynamic scaling. It can sometimes run native 4K on xox but it can also run in 1800p.

That's why i said it appears that it runs at 4K.

There is no fixed checkerboarding.

The PS4 Pro is rendering half the numbers of pixels compared to a native 4K image (so we have actually an 1920x2160 resolution instead of 3840x2160).

Horizontal resolution are cut, and the result is a blurrier image output compared to an 4K resolution image.

There where PS4 Pro's checkerboard technique kicks in. It tries to compensate the quality loss using the pixel information from the previous frames for creating an illusion of an 3840x2160 image.

>And I can tell you why. Because XBOX one was so slow that it couldn't maintain 30 fps with FullHD resolution so Microsoft asked developers to implement dynamic resolution instead of fixed subHD to make it look better on the paper as dynamic 1080p looks much better than 900p. It helped also with games with not consistent framerates to get close or even achieve 1080p mote often.

Sony never needed that so they never asked devs to do it but there are some games with dynamic scaling on Ps4 too and it's up to the developer whether to implement it or not.

Nothing to disagree here.

So, it's preferable (in my opinion) to drop resolution than to drop frames.

Besides, having a fixed resolution all the time taxes the GPU far more than needed.

There are instances that you can spare some GPU power for the sake of resolution and vice versa.

With dynamic resolution, you can raise the resolution and getting a better image, and if something very demanding kicks in, you lower the resolution to keep the frame-rates steady.

If you play, i doubt you will see the difference.

So, either CDPR has overestimated the power of the PS4 Pro, or there was a problem with that technique on the PS4 Pro.

Guys, that discussion is so pointless... I'd rather know when the damn patch will be out. This silence is really awful.

Yeah I realized it's pointless when he didn't even read any of the info on the Internet nor in my reply. I'll just post two links so you can know that im right. He's probably trolling.

Resolution https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...one-x-analysis

1800p to native 4K. Exactly what I told.

Fps https://youtu.be/0aq8HLJIId0

Varies from 40 to 60 and that's also exactly what I tell you so I have proofs that game runs exactly like I said and so, that discussion ends here. I'm waiting for a patch and hopefully a performance mode too.

Last edited:
PS4 Pro patch is still very much in development. Due to the fact that we've discovered some additional bugs along the way, we need more time to finish it. We don't want to compromise the quality of the update so we would like to ask you for a little bit more patience. Thank you very much for your understanding.

And finally we can say thank you for info and we know what's going on, but at this moment arleady 6 months for bugs repair since last patch was realased(1.5) it's long time... :/

I really appreciate for still updating this amazing game, im gonna keep waiting for the patch to continue playing though :(

I realyr like CDproject's games quality and content however the Witcher 3 is no more priority (3 years past since launch)

So I can understand why the updates are taking so long.

But can't understand why they lie about release ( few weeks, next week, a little bit patience..

When I see such promises I put the Witcher in my calender, game installed PS4 Pro, language pack, dlcs.. I'm emotional y prepared

But in reality it's takings months and months, it could be a year.

YOU COULD JUST SAY: THERE WILL BE HDR UPDATE FOR PS4 PRO.

Every one should choose either wait or move on..

Top Bottom