upgrading silver sword

+
upgrading silver sword

How does one enhance the monster-slaying sword? Only the witcher steel and meteorite swords ever seem to appear in armourer options! Any one Know?

You need runes. You will get 2 in chapter 2 and 1 in chapter 3. You can re-forge your silver sword until chapter 3.

ta E.o. Also having trouble finding the search capability on this forum. I first used the older style forums 2 years ago but the new set-up is strange but clearer if that makes any sense!

Search box is on the left hand side at the main forum page, above categories.

Some swords have hollow circles next to them in your inventory. Those can be upgraded permanently with runes limited to the number of hollow circles next to them.

Sorry for that.

e-ahmet said:
Search box is on the left hand side at the main forum page, above categories.

Some swords have hollow circles next to them in your inventory. Those can be upgraded permanently with runes limited to the number of hollow circles next to them.

TW1, not TW2...

As Elysis said, you can upgrade silver swords by adding permanent runes. You need three runes to upgrade, and it may be a while before you get enough. The blacksmith will do the upgrade when you have the runes. You will also get the chance to replace the sword with better ones at different points in the game.

In the meantime, just use temporary runes to boost the effects.

If you take the best path through Chapter 4, towards the end of that chapter, you will get a very nice silver sword, presented to you in a very touching cutscene.

I was able to get all ten rune swords from the blacksmith early in chapter four. You get there at night so I completed killing the drowners and Zypher for the Old Habits Die Hard quest, got the moon rune from the corpse by the collapsed bridge,and while I was on Black Tern Island for those drowners got the rune from the chest at the sign thing (lol). So three earth, two moon, one sun, was in inventory. In the morning I fought The Rock and got another moon rune went to see the blacksmith's son at 900 AM and bought two sun runes so I had three of all runes. See the blacksmith and do the forge sword and buy the cheepest (lol), then go into Adams house and in the bookcase were the other swords, doubled clicked on all of them and they fell on the floor. The swords stayed there so I carried them one at a time to the inkeeper to put them in my inventory. I've done this four times now so thought I would post it. Later all DC

one thing don't loot anything in the village until you do this.

Buying weapons or upgrading them in TW1 is pretty useless in my opinion. You can find/get better for free. Then you can buy better armor very early.

Schmooples said:
Buying weapons or upgrading them in TW1 is pretty useless in my opinion. You can find/get better for free. Then you can buy better armor very early.

I agree for the most part, except for one case, and that is when you get three red meteorites early. I also don't think the armor you can buy is all that great, but YMMV.

GuyN said:
I agree for the most part, except for one case, and that is when you get three red meteorites early. I also don't think the armor you can buy is all that great, but YMMV.

Well, I use metric system but :D

The armor is good mainly because there is not much to compare and you get the best one near the end.
Haven't actually tried should i spent money on the better armor. Might be the same thing that with swords, not worth it (Played only at medium difficulty).

Schmooples said:
Most people like having a three-meteorite sword to face the Beast with. I don't know if the extra damage makes that much difference, or if it's just the confidence of knowing you're wielding a good sword. :D

A lot of people obsess about saving enough money to buy the Excellent Leather Jacket, but it isn't actually all that much better than your regular jacket. If you've got lots of orens and nothing to spend them on, go for it; otherwise, don't sweat it.

Corylea said:
Most people like having a three-meteorite sword to face the Beast with. I don't know if the extra damage makes that much difference, or if it's just the confidence of knowing you're wielding a good sword. :D

A lot of people obsess about saving enough money to buy the Excellent Leather Jacket, but it isn't actually all that much better than your regular jacket. If you've got lots of orens and nothing to spend them on, go for it; otherwise, don't sweat it.

Thought it might be so (the armor). I just have a thing for spikes on armor :D (plus the extra potion slot).

Top Bottom