Upscaling in new patch?!

+
Upscaling in new patch?!

Got this from the change logs - haven't got home to try it out yet:

- Adds option in Options/Gameplay to enable enemy level upscaling. If foes are too
easy to defeat due to level difference, upscaling will render them a challenge.

Has anyone tried it out? How awesome is this?!

Last edited:
At first glance, it appears to be very simple: it brings the enemies up to around your level. In Skellige I encountered necrophages at lvl13 when off, and at around lvl 40 with it on. I'm at lvl 39. But because of my overall attack damage and weapon stats, they weren't OP.

It doesn't appear to affect all enemies though, some drowners were still their usual level while most of them were the same as me.

In any case, it's an awesome new feature:like:

Last edited:
Going through early game areas I don't really need a challenge tbh.... and if I have to kill them lvl 40 wolves I want a proper reward too (XP and \or loot)

Going through early game areas I don't really need a challenge tbh.... and if I have to kill them lvl 40 wolves I want a proper reward too (XP and \or loot)

The reward is the challenge of tougher enemies with the same XP....thus,playing this awesome game longer. :). It can also stop certain areas being stale.
There will be plenty of loot with B&W added also.

It doesn't appear to affect all enemies though

Yeah and that's a bit annoying.
Fight against lvl 35 drowners for example and 100 meter Further against lvl 13 Sirens.
Would be good if it gets some more tweaking.
In an earlier review it was mentioned it should work with every enemy except bosses.
Well i think its a bug right now, and i hope it will be fixed soon.

In any case, it's an awesome new feature

True :yes

I don't need or want additional XP. The whole point of the up scaling is to counteract how easy the game becomes as Geralt increases in level. I REALLY want it to work with bosses though. Preferably ensuring bosses are always a few levels stronger than Geralt - like 6.

Top Bottom