Ursine gear double bonus bug

+

Hi,

I was using a mod that applied grandmaster bonuses to all tiers of the witcher gear. After getting my grandmaster ursine, instead of it saying Witcher gear 0/6, it says 6/6. If I equip the entire set then it shows 12/6. You can see it in the bear 1 bonus chance is 60 (12*5) instead of 30 (6*5). This applies to all tiers of the Ursine gear. None of the other sets have been affected. I already uninstalled the mod and am trying to find the source.

I have been trying to search through scripts and .w3 files to see where the set_bonus and EiSb but can't find a way to correct it. Please help!

TLDR: Game already thinks a ursine gear is equipped and goes past 6/6 to 12/6 for an equipped set.

Some mods leave traces after they are uninstalled. That might be the reason why the issue still exists. Are there any other mods left?

Maybe a fresh installation can fix it (if you decide to do that: make sure there are no files left in the TW3 folder. The only thing you need are of course the save games).

I tried removing all mods and the issue is still there. However, if I start a new game and drop ursine gear via console, it's not present. Does that mean my save file has traces left?

I have also downloaded mods which alter the itemset requirement in hopes of setting it back to 0/6. Nothing worked. Is there anyway to open the save file to see if a trace is left there?

I might just have to do a fresh installation. Thank you for your help

I tried removing all mods and the issue is still there. However, if I start a new game and drop ursine gear via console, it's not present. Does that mean my save file has traces left?

Yes. Reference data for mods that get saved in the save-state will remain forever more. If the mod is removed, and the data referenced no longer exist, the references themselves may leave holes that the game no longer knows how to deal with. Might do absolutely nothing, might create small issues, might make the game unplayable. All up to how the mod works and the state of that playthrough at that point.

The only real solutions to this are to re-install exactly the same mod setup that you were using previously, then reload to a save that was made before any issues first appeared...or re-install the game (to be extra safe) and begin a brand new playthrough.

Is there anyway to open the save file to see if a trace is left there?

Technically...yes. But it would require to you have precise knowledge of how both the mod and the game created the reference data, then go back and manipulate the data (probably using a hex editor). This would require isolating every single aspect of the data affected by the mod (potentially hundreds), and that still does not mean that the resulting changes would be recognizable by game, as those results may not reflect the correct progression of the game vanilla conditions. It's probably worth a look, if you know how to do it (...I personally have no idea...), but it's likely not worth the effort involved.

Top Bottom