Use of Witcher 3 assets in Skyrim/Skyrim SE mods

+
Use of Witcher 3 assets in Skyrim/Skyrim SE mods

I know this question has already been asked, but the latest response I could find was from 2013. If I want to use an asset from Witcher 3 - in this case, clothing like Yennefer's outfits or Geralt's various armors - in a mod for Skyrim or Skyrim SE... do I need to contact someone at CD Projekt Red for permission, or is that permission already granted to the community at large?

And if it's the former, how do I contact them? Is there some specific person or email I contact?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Thank you for contacting us! There is no general permission for using our assets in other games. However, we may grant such permissions in individual cases.

Please send an email to our legal department (I will provide the email address in Private Message) and briefly describe how do you want to use assets from our game.

Cheers! :)

Hi, I have a similar question about porting Witcher 3 assets to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. What email address should I send my inquiry to?

Hi, I have a similar question about porting Witcher 3 assets to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. What email address should I send my inquiry to?

As stated above, please contact our Community Manager @Vattier:

Please send an email to our legal department (I will provide the email address in Private Message) and briefly describe how do you want to use assets from our game.

hello, i am also late to this discussion but where do i go if i want to ask permission for using Witcher 3 assets to port to skyrim special edition? who do i contact

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello, I have a similar question about this, who should contact with?
Rules for using assets from our games while creating own content are listed here: https://cdprojektred.com/en/fan-content

In this case, since I believe you're interested in using our assets as part of a mod for a game that isn't ours, you're probably most interested in these points:

Section 2, point c:
Don’t put it in other games/products. Your fan content should stand on its own – it should not be incorporated into a third-party game or product (except as we explain below).

Section 3, point c:
Mods. We’re happy for you to make mods for our games (i.e. software that modifies or works with our games – e.g. changing the UI or adding new mechanics) so long as it doesn’t breach the relevant game’s EULA (e.g. no cheating – this is especially important for GWENT!). If you want to make a mod for another game or service using our content, or make the mod a standalone product, ask us in advance via legal@cdprojektred.com (we just don’t want the next Soulkiller virus).

Feel free to send me a PM in case of further questions!

Hello, I have a similar question about asset use. I've attempted to email the legal department a couple of times with no reply. Is there another department I should contact? I'm looking to obtain permission to publish a mod with assets from TW3 that I converted to Skyrim. It's been a passion project of mine for the last several months and I'd be very excited to be able to share it.

Hello, I have a similar question about asset use. I've attempted to email the legal department a couple of times with no reply. Is there another department I should contact? I'm looking to obtain permission to publish a mod with assets from TW3 that I converted to Skyrim. It's been a passion project of mine for the last several months and I'd be very excited to be able to share it.
Try contacting the business office instead:
biz@cdprojektred.com

Normally, the company is really easy about letting people use whatever, so long as there's no money changing hands.

Unfortunately I still haven't heard back yet. I did send an email to the business office and got a reply to contact the legal office for my inquiry.

Well, as @Vattier expresses above:

If it's material that will stand on its own, not for profit, have at it. The policy itself gives permission.

If you're modding a CDPR game, not for profit, have at it. The policy itself gives permission.

If you're looking add CDPR IP into a different game, like Skyrim or Dragon Age, for example, then no. The policy directly says not to do that. (However, I know that other people have simply requested permission, shown that they are not charging anything or receiving donations for the mod, etc., and they've been granted permission.)

And feel free to contact Vatt about these things in particular. If you intend to distribute your work through something other than a CDPR product, and/or have money change hands at any point, then you'll need express written permission.

Top Bottom