User Content Manager cannot detect a mod? Here's a workaround!

+
User Content Manager cannot detect a mod? Here's a workaround!

Problems with detecting a mod

If you have special characters in your Windows user name, User Content Manager may be unable to detect the mods that you have copied to your Witcher2/UserContent folder. Here's an easy workaround for you. Follow those steps:

1. Find Config folder, which should be in your Documents/Witcher 2/Config

2. Open UserContent.ini

3. Edit the content so it has these lines:
[Packages]
Mount=Nameofthemodyouwouldliketoload

4. Even though User Content Manager won't detect the Mod, it will be available once you boot the game.

We are working on a proper solution to this problem.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Note that what counts is special characters in the folders in the path leading to your Documents folder. So this also applies if your Documents folder is not in the default Windows location and there are special characters in any of the folders containing it.

Note that what counts is special characters in the folders in the path leading to your Documents folder. So this also applies if your Documents folder is not in the default Windows location and there are special characters in any of the folders containing it.

I have the problem that the mod appears in the mod manager but not in the game. The usercontent.ini has the line in it with the mod, still it doesn't appear in the game. There isn't even a user content menu option.

OK, what is the official "Nameofthemodyouwouldliketoload" for FCR 2.0?

I have the same problem and I think it's also a serious bug - next time I clear my PC I have to install english version of Windows only. Many apps have problems with simple non-english username.

In the Documents>witcher 2>Config folder try right clicking and select Edit then add these and click Save from the file tab
[Packages]
Mount=fcr2_a1
Mount=fcr2_a2
Mount=fcr2_a3
Mount=fcr2_a4
Mount=fcr2_arena

Tried this, but it doesnt seem to work for me, at least i dont see any change.I also tried putting the names of the config files from the folders for example "fcr2_a2" is "FCR2 Act 1" in the config, but that doesnt seem to work either.
Damn, i really wanna try this mod out ! :D

Tried this, but it doesnt seem to work for me, at least i dont see any change.I also tried putting the names of the config files from the folders for example "fcr2_a2" is "FCR2 Act 1" in the config, but that doesnt seem to work either.
Damn, i really wanna try this mod out ! :D
One way to find out for sure is to check your inventory and character screen . The inventory will be minus all the DLC`s like Blue Stripe Armor etc . The character screen should show the training tree as being selected and several selections in various parts of the other trees.

Problems with detecting a mod

If you have special characters in your Windows user name, User Content Manager may be unable to detect the mods that you have copied to your Witcher2/UserContent folder. Here's an easy workaround for you. Follow those steps:

1. Find Config folder, which should be in your Documents/Witcher 2/Config

2. Open UserContent.ini

3. Edit the content so it has these lines:
[Packages]
Mount=Nameofthemodyouwouldliketoload

4. Even though User Content Manager won't detect the Mod, it will be available once you boot the game.

We are working on a proper solution to this problem.

Sadly this solution doesn't work. Is anything else?

Well guys, i just created a new profile on my PC with no "special" characters this time and it works just fine :).

Just realized my problem with userContentManager.exe and FCR 1.1 - the FCR installer was moving data into my admin account's Documents\Witcher 2\UserContent directory. I have moved all data from the Witcher 2 directory from my admin account to my main (user) account, and now userContentManager can find the mod.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Thank you for sharing your findings, onomatomania! Could you maybe clarify where was your original Witcher 2 folder (containing gamesaves etc.) created? It should have been in your main user account (does your main user have admin privileges?). And FCR just created a completely new Witcher 2 folder on the main admin account?
I'd like to remind you that The Witcher 2 has to be installed either on admin account or at least with "as administrator".

Top Bottom