User Experience Update is now live!

+

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With update 2.2, we’ve focused on reworking the tutorial and starter decks to improve the first-time user experience. We’ve also set a minimum number of units to be included in every deck to 13, and added brand new Tavern Board to the game!

Full list of changes:
  • Opponent AI in Training Mode has been improved.
  • Matches are now played on one unified game board rather than two distinct halves from different game boards.
  • Valid decks must now contain a minimum of 13 units.
  • Changes in Deck Builder UI.
  • Updated Shupe's VFX when opening goodies.
  • In-game UI has been updated allowing players to hide usernames by clicking on player avatars. Also, players can now see point totals for each row by clicking on the crown icon (defaulted to RS/R3 on Xbox One/PS4 gamepads).
  • Added 8 new daily quests that offer Reward Points.
  • Starter decks have been reworked to showcase more faction cards and faction-specific mechanics.

New Features
  • Complete overhaul of first-time user experience.
  • Added a new setting allowing you to choose whether you always see the game board of your choice or let it be determined by the chosen game board of whichever player goes second (the Defender).
  • Improved lighting on game boards.
  • UI has been updated to make Borders and Avatars visible during matches.

Neutral
  • Geralt: Aard's provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Portal's provision cost changed from 13 to 12.
  • Cleaver's provision cost changed from 9 to 10.
  • Thaw's boost amount will now decrease by 1 for every row effect cleared rather than by 2.
  • Angoulême's provision cost changed from 11 to 10.

Monsters
  • Crimson Curse now has the Organic category.
  • Eredin Bréacc Glas's boost amount changed from 2 to 3.
  • Nekurat's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.

Skellige
  • Draig Bon-Dhu's power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Artis's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Blueboy Lugos's power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Hjalmar an Craite's provision cost changed from 9 to 10.

Northern Realms
  • Hubert Rejk's provision cost changed from 8 to 9.
  • Siege Master's power changed from 4 to 5.

Scoia'tael
  • Vrihedd Officer's provision cost changed from 6 to 5, his power changed from 2 to 3, and his Deploy damage and boost amounts changed from 3 to 2.
  • Isengrim's Council provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Dryad Fledgling's power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Water of Brokilon's provision cost changed from 9 to 11.

Nilfgaard
  • Morvran Voorhis's provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Ointment's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue whereby it wasn't possible to manually discard Special cards in certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue whereby it wasn't possible to use a played unit's targeting abilities in certain circumstances after manually discarding a card.
  • Disgraced Brawler now plays the correct voiceover in the German-language version of the game.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the visual assets in the match-end summary shown for achieving a Winning Streak would not display correctly.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Nithral's Deploy ability would not trigger if the condition for his secondary Dominance ability was not met.
  • Fixed an issue whereby a match would desync and end in a Draw if some actions were still resolving as the turn timer expired.
  • Fixed an issue whereby playing a Special card with a full board would result in the card being discarded.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Special cards played via Aguara: True Form would not trigger the opponent's Serpent Trap.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Golyat's Deathwish ability would Summon the opponent's unit from their deck to a random row rather than to the opposite row.
  • Fixed an issue whereby having equal or more points than the opponent then forfeiting the match would incorrectly give crown progression points to the person who forfeited as if they had won the round.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Ves would recognize units that give Bleeding or Vitality on Deploy as valid targets for her Order ability on the turn that they were played.
  • Fixed an issue whereby An Craite Longship would not damage units played by the opponent from the player's graveyard.

Already played some, and the patch is looking great.

The AI did seem to play smarter than before, which is nice.
Visible avatars/borders is a welcome sight to see again, and I like the tidiness of optional row point counters.
I didn't realize I'd completed a quest so I was confused by the notification, but it was a good unexpected addition.
Best of all, my deck required zero changes. And the deck builder is easier to "read" now that it shows the remaining available provisions rather than xxx/yyy.

The Reward Book tutorial that I got (not sure why... possibly because I'd never opened the Monsters tree?) surprised me. :p

One thing I'm wondering is why the Thronebreaker card button is gone from the main menu. I'd never used it, but still.

I wanted to mention a problem I noticed with the new starter deck changes: by making the new starter cards unmillable in the deck builder, we can't mill those cards where we have more than 2 copies of (more than one copy for golds). I have several more than 2x Alba Armored Cavalery for example and now I can't mill them down to 2. Could you please look in to this?

• Valid decks must now contain a minimum of 13 units.
Thank you CPDR <3, unitless decks started becoming very frequent lately, i hope this will tone them down.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Looking at this patch's notes, i think its the first time, at least since HC, that i see more buffs than nerfs. Its good to see unpopular cards getting a much needed buff, but i think Skellige needed a couple of nerfs this season, but maybe CDPR thought they werent as urgent, so we'll have one more season of SK domination, i guess...

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I'm a new player (I came via Thronebreaker on Steam).

Where would I find the 8 new daily quests? I only see 3 daily quests. Thanks.

I'm a new player (I came via Thronebreaker on Steam).

Where would I find the 8 new daily quests? I only see 3 daily quests. Thanks.
I think they are saying that, of the ones you will receive, there are 8 new options. You still only have three slots, but you are less likely to see the same ones repeated because there are 8 new options.

I wanted to mention a problem I noticed with the new starter deck changes: by making the new starter cards unmillable in the deck builder, we can't mill those cards where we have more than 2 copies of (more than one copy for golds). I have several more than 2x Alba Armored Cavalery for example and now I can't mill them down to 2. Could you please look in to this?

I’ve got 136 cards to mill and having to do it manually with each card 😩. Such a ball ache!

I just noticed this as well, that is just pure idiotic decision; and needs to be fixed.

Also why was Thronebreaker removed from the ingame menu?

And why the hell to relatively new players get stuck with the old started decks, after they played just one game? WTF?
Couple of people I introduced to the game recently are not happy that they got screwed by this.

And why the hell to relatively new players get stuck with the old started decks, after they played just one game? WTF?
Couple of people I introduced to the game recently are not happy that they got screwed by this.
I hope that al least these new starter decks get shared in the deck library to be imported. I'm curious to see what they look like.

Top Bottom