User generated content

+
User generated content

I love the concept. My cup of tea right here, and the teaser looks great.

I am still pretty stuck on tf2, which gives me the idea: why not put in some mechanisms for user generated missions and story lines?

Granted building a community like tf2 has might take some time and effort, but putting the players in control of the destiny of the characters was always what I enjoyed about old pen and paper games. Develop the right tools and reward the folks who do a good job generating content (a la the mann co store) and the game becomes nearly infinitely re-playable.

Just a thought, and the logistics of implementing something like that might be out of reach, but one I thought worth sharing with such an intelligent crowd here.

Hold your horses there, they have to release the modkit first. Then, you'll be able to make your own custom adventures.

after nearly a year and a half later we are getting just closer to get the modkit for TW2
we just got the first teaser and first look at it and CP77 is about 3 years away from the (knowing CDO, the 'first/vanilla') release and already talks about modkit *chuckles*

Cart and Horse and all that. I'm just saying, it might not be a terrible idea to start implementing this sort of thing from the get go.

Let me get super over excited about my unique special snowflake adventure.

to implement a system for custom quests and custom NPC, the system needs to be built in right form the start, the option needs to be there, else wise it will just become an unstable patchwork and no warranty that any of the custom builds will work with every copy of the game.....They can THEN decide to wait half a year, a year, a decade, whatever after putting the game on the market before they release the toolkits

My only problem with user generated content, when it comes to an RPG, would be balance.

One of the main flaws with the Neverwinter Nights toolkit was people were able to go into their own Module, and spawn themselves in overpowered weapons and armor, then of course, immediately complain that the main Campaign was boring because they beat it so easily.

I have no problem with someone making a mod that makes Default Longcoat 1 look like John Preston's Cleric coat, but I can already imagine the 50+ pages of downloadable user-generated missions, all rated 5 stars of course, that simply exist to be farmed in a couple of minutes by a level 1, that give you massive amounts of money and XP.

That is always the risk.....and those who make those modules can blame nobody but themselves if they do that

But then again, the toolkit to make your own quests can be limited on what kind of amounts and quality gear you can give out in them....

That is always the risk.....and those who make those modules can blame nobody but themselves if they do that

But then again, the toolkit to make your own quests can be limited on what kind of amounts and quality gear you can give out in them....

I didn't think of that, but yes, that would be a good thing indeed.

to implement a system for custom quests and custom NPC, the system needs to be built in right form the start, the option needs to be there, else wise it will just become an unstable patchwork and no warranty that any of the custom builds will work with every copy of the game.....They can THEN decide to wait half a year, a year, a decade, whatever after putting the game on the market before they release the toolkits

Absolutely, building the game as a content creation engine first and then building out the single player story content with in that framework also opens up new possibilities. For instance CDPR could release additional campaigns with new characters post launch without releasing a whole new game.

Absolutely, building the game as a content creation engine first and then building out the single player story content with in that framework also opens up new possibilities. For instance CDPR could release additional campaigns with new characters post launch without releasing a whole new game.

And without destabilizing the game with semi-compatible patches.

For me, this is a must. It's one of the things that I loved about the Elder Scroll series and why I probably woun't be playing the MMO.

, but I can already imagine the 50+ pages of downloadable user-generated missions, all rated 5 stars of course, that simply exist to be farmed in a couple of minutes by a level 1, that give you massive amounts of money and XP.

If you have the dev kit, you don't need to do any of that; just give yourself the XP and money.

You do understand that the mod kits are what the devs use to create the game to begin with, right?

You do understand that the mod kits are what the devs use to create the game to begin with, right?

They need to productise the development tools before they can be described as a mod kit.
Hopefully, they've already done most of the work and we won't need to wait two years the next time.

Sure you'll get a ton of trash generated for any game that allows player-made mods (and many that don't - folks ARE creative when it comes to modding games).
But you'll also get the occasional diamond.

I'd be overjoyed to see/use those diamonds, and just ignore the trash.

Top Bottom