user profile is corrupted and cannot be saved

+
hey there,
game starts, and shows the error msg. I can play, but can't save at any point.

reinstalled - still not working
fixed gamefiles with steam - still not working
moved to another drive (c) - still not working
reinstalled again - still not working

any ideas ? would likt to play the game AND SAVE THE PROGRESS

thx

Attachments

• cp2077.JPG
    cp2077.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 303
hey there,
game starts, and shows the error msg. I can play, but can't save at any point.

reinstalled - still not working
fixed gamefiles with steam - still not working
moved to another drive (c) - still not working
reinstalled again - still not working

any ideas ? would likt to play the game AND SAVE THE PROGRESS

thx
Have the same issue - have you fixed this already ?

Have the same issue - have you fixed this already ?

This was pre-patch 1.05 issues, as thost posts are from Dec 13th 2020. OLD Saves before patch 1.05 are no retrievable/recoverable and will forever remain corrupted once they exceeded the 8Mb limit. Maybe it was 1.06 that fixed it?

All current saves from 1.05-1.06 are free from this issue.

The other thing is if you used the CyberCAT save editor and screwed up one of the options for Mission Plot points then you will come up with this error. Especially if youre trying to get Johnny's approval for the secret ending.

My specific problem was about my windows username - it starts with a . (dot) and this seems to cause an error when creating the path to the savegames. In my case no folder for savegames was created during install. When I did manualy, it resolves this error and I can save the game.

I still have this same problem. no idea how to fix it. haven't played my game since it came out. rally annoying

Use the MS process explorer or other tools to watch the pathes the .exe tries to open and recreate the missing folders

Hello,
Have you already found Solution for this bug? I just have same Error shows in the game, but my problem is different. I can't change graphics settings, so I'm not sure those are same bug or not.
what I did to solve is go to C:\Users\52730\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and delete all the file inside and restart the game then the bug is gone, but I'm not sure the SAVE will be delete together or not, because I already deleted all my save before I delete those files.

Top Bottom