Using Ciri

+
Using Ciri

Anyone else dislike this? I despise it honestly. To the point when I get to the spots I have to do it I put the game away and wait till I'm really bored and trudge through it.

I didn't get the game to play with no inventory no loot no real skills. IMO this adds nothing to the game and could just be cut scenes.

Oh, other then that I really like the game. First Witcher game I have played and glad I got it.

I am afraid i can't agree with you mate.Playing as Ciri is totally badass in my opinion and i would really love to get more Ciri moments in the game.
Besides my own opinion though, these sequences ain't really that long ,for you to dislike them that much anyway.Also it's not late for you to try out Witcher 2.It might be shorter but it has an awesome plot.

I don't play basic FPS games or the like because you don't advance or such. Playing the Ciri parts reminds me of them. Just killing time in the game. I figured I'd be in the minority.

Many of us here are book readers and we love Ciri with all our heart. For me the "Ciri parts" are a very nice way of telling her side of the story and advance overall(story-wise at least). Plus slicing up everyone as the badass child of destiny is awesome. The game is so rich I never felt like playing an fps game.

I think those segments are a nice change. She'd be way too overpowered as the main character but the way it's set up is totally fine if you ask me.

I don't normally. Only when playing Ciri because I don't level as he. I can't gain loot. I don't pick skills. Might as well play a side scroll game.

I wouldn't say that I hate playing Ciri, but I would be as happy if those parts were not there. I want to play Geralt, not Ciri, even if her two skills are interesting.

ETA: Perhaps if I had read the books, as mentioned above, I might feel different. Must do that one day.

I also think I play Geralt a certain way. Everything set up as I want. Skills picked. Weapons and armor set up. Everything how I like. Then I get tossed in to where I have to play a different character different set up. Total change and I don't have a choice but to randomly play this character. That explain it a bit better? Maybe not.

I don't normally. Only when playing Ciri because I don't level as he. I can't gain loot. I don't pick skills. Might as well play a side scroll game.

Well she does level...kind of. She becomes more powerful towards the end of the game. Of course you don't control it. I get what you mean but some of the parts are funny and others are essential to the main story progression. How many hours into the game/main quest are you? They get more interesting I think...

Anyone else dislike this? I despise it honestly. To the point when I get to the spots I have to do it I put the game away and wait till I'm really bored and trudge through it.

I didn't get the game to play with no inventory no loot no real skills. IMO this adds nothing to the game and could just be cut scenes.

Oh, other then that I really like the game. First Witcher game I have played and glad I got it.

Nope, sorry, Ciri is ****ing awesome.

I wanted many more scenes as playing with her.

Played time 5 days 4 hours. I haven't left for Skellige yet (have fun with quests and exploring ). I've sent the ship off, Triss stayed and now doing the put on a play mission.

The segments are really short, but I agree that the combat sequences with Ciri are a bit dull. The big problem is that they were essentially designed so that you'd be unable to fail them and as a result your only moves are "incredibly strong sword attack" and "incredibly broken teleport dodge."

It does get better a bit later on when

Triss gives her the fireball amulet.

I love playing Ciri, but they did not do a good job of showing how to control her abilities and what they are. You just have to figure it out on the fly, which is weird. Minor point though. I do enjoy the Ciri segments.

I kinda see where you're coming from OP.

The first play through I didn't mind at all, it was a good change up and advanced the story.

On my second play through however, I found myself speeding through her segments, wanting to get back to playing Geralt as quickly as possible. I don't know why that is exactly, maybe because I'm more invested in Geralt and molding him into the play style I want? Maybe because she doesn't make use of signs & potions? I can't put my finger on it. They just feel like cut scenes that you're part of, not overly challenging. I skip most cut scenes now as I've already experienced them.

On a side note, I really wish she could dodge like Geralt instead of having 2 keys for that blink/dash move. One dodge key and one blink/dash key, but that's just personal taste.

I disagree.

Playing as Ciri is wonderful, you might not be able to use the stuff you loot, get her better weapons, and do things as Ciri, such as free-roam.

But do you know why? Geralt is the protagonist, the whole thing, his quest is to find Ciri, and when we're given the ability to play as her, it's actually a part of Geralt's big mission, besides that's an RPG game, it's as if we're following her tracks, and we're able to see the story and the things she's been throught from her point of view, instead of the baron\s point of view, Dandelion's and goes on.

Since this board should stay spoiler free and I do not wish to ruin it, you'll appreciate playing as Ciri and the small amount of time you're spending with her when you finish the actual game.

And to be honest, I hope I could play as Ciri all the time.

That's my humble opinion.

Ciri's Playable Sequences lacking?

Hey guys just wanted know your thoughts about the playable sequences of Ciri. Personally I enjoyed playing as her because it gave me a different perspective. however I felt that those sequences were way too brief and story wise was very lacking.

If i remember correctly CDPR said they would last around 5-10 hours, but all of them together added up to around 3 hours of content at most and that is if your taking it slow.

As they are I don't think they add very much to the game so I think they should either be removed or enhanced with more content..

Top Bottom