Using Ciri

+
I think they're fine. Maybe not perfect but she's pretty fun to play and while she's kind of a one-trick-pony she gets the job done.

I think there are other things CDPR should focus on.

They were fine. Long enough to get a proper view on the story from her perspective and not too long to distract from the rest of the game.
The 5-10 hours statement came from the gamestar journalist who played the game for 12+ hours and not CDP. He was obviously wrong, as the sequences are about 1 hour long.
Keep in mind that CDP said these sequences serve as a narrative tool and they are not there for gameplay reasons.

Tuco

Forum veteran
These sequences are supposed to be little more than interactive cutscenes to show her side of the story.
I don't it it makes too much sense to expect far more developed and complex mechanics.

And honestly even if I loved her as a character, I didn't like her moveset too much (especially the blink replacing the dodge), so I would have probably hated being forced to spend more time playing as her.

Last edited:
Don't like it, literally you're pretty much a god. Nothing can touch you and you can literally cut a bunch of Wild Hunt warriors in half even though they are wearing full plate armour.

The Ladies of the Wood was the most disappointing boss fight ever, playing it with Ciri makes it even more easier.

As for the original question, either enhance them or leave them as they are.

No need to change them in patches IMHO, they where fine as narrative tool. Much better than quicktime events or other stuff that's sold as interactive cutscenes.

EDIT: Oops, remembered to mark the next statement as spoiler, because it's about possible future content:
I would really love her as hero of her own game /major expansion, though. I think you could create a very nice skilltree for her, a combination of Witcher-typical stuff with a fresh breeze. She even started a mage training with Yennefer in her early teens, but blocked/renounced those skills when they threatened to make her mad with bloodthirst and greed for power.

After resolving these inner conflicts in a questline, the devs could give her any skill they want. According to Sapkowski's lore, Witcher signs are very primitive for true mages. Triss once said to Lambert that she could easily cast a several times stronger Aard than he ever could!
:mean:
Of course she would need some limitations, simply combining Yen and Geralt would be overkill ;-)

Last edited:
Well they are fine, besides you're supposed to "investigate" as Geralt about Ciri's whereabouts, so these short gameplays as her makes it feel even more alive, rather than playing with her for 40 minutes constantly. If you get my point.

It's a mixed bag for me. While it's nice to get a 2nd viewpoint, she's just too op to present a fun challenge. One moment you play as Geralt, really putting your skills to work, trying to avoid getting hit, chipping away your enemies health, drinking potions and whatnot. And then you're given control of Ciri and just slice through those same enemies like they are nothing while regenerating health faster than a troll. It just turns into a click fest with almost no risks involved. Fortunately those segments are short and few, since I got bored of them after the first one.

I just wish they were more challenging. At the very least she shouldn't be able to regain health during combat on higher difficulties.

While I do enjoy the sequences, the gameplay is very hack n' slash based with no real RPG elements thrown in. I do like Ciri's storyline and it's a nice diversion but I'm happy with the amount of Ciri there is, as it doesn't detract from playing as Geralt, where we have actual inventory, character builds, stats, potions, oils, bombs, and multiple tactics to dealing with enemies, it's far more fleshed out. I think the oversimplified Ciri controls would be far more noticeable and less fun if they were present for longer. It's best that these parts don't overstay their welcome.

TO be honest they are fine as they are. They were there to showcase Ciri's skills and show her power, show you the story from her perspective but also be interactive so you got feel why she is considered special. They weren't exactly my fave parts of the game but they were short and sweet which is probably for the best, extending them would probably just make them irritating and not really add anything, we got what was intended from them.

I voted for leave them as they were. Obviously more content would be great, but in terms of priority, I'd rather CDPR focus their time and energy on other areas. The Ciri sections are at the very bottom of the list.

I thought they did an adequate job for their purposes. It was a bit limited in that there wasn't much "roleplaying" opportunity, and the combat was pretty straight forward. But it was fine for what it was intending to do.

I also think I play Geralt a certain way. Everything set up as I want. Skills picked. Weapons and armor set up. Everything how I like. Then I get tossed in to where I have to play a different character different set up. Total change and I don't have a choice but to randomly play this character. That explain it a bit better? Maybe not.

I agree with this synopsis. When I'm playing as Ciri, I'm constantly trying to cast a Sign, or do a roll or whatev. I find this disconcerting. You play hours and hours with the same skills and keyboard set, and then, suddenly, none of those exist. I don't hate the game mechanic, I just find it ploughingly disconcerting.

I also think I play Geralt a certain way. Everything set up as I want. Skills picked. Weapons and armor set up. Everything how I like. Then I get tossed in to where I have to play a different character different set up. Total change and I don't have a choice but to randomly play this character. That explain it a bit better? Maybe not.
Ciri parts dont even last 10 minutes. And lots of player enjoys her. She doesnt have too many skills but those three are already awesome. And I actually havent seen serious loot stuff while playing with her. So there's nothing to be missed. I wish there is more of her. If you dont like her just finish her parts quickly. There's nothing to do about it. :/

I would've loved if you could skip her scenes like you can with cinematics, because that's all it really was to me personally.

Why the heck would you even consider removing Ciri sequences to start with? Your argument falls apart as soon as you began it

Last edited:
Geralt is the protagonist I feel immersed in. Everytime they take me away from him to be Ciri It sorts of break my immersion and feel compelled to rush through her section as quick as possible,

I like the idea of playing as Ciri, but her sequences are a bit to brief and storywise not great, she has so much more potential .

Other than not being able to dodge normally I have no issue with the Ciri parts. Don't hate the blink-dodge, but I normally use double tap dodges with Geralt, rather than rolling.. so not having that option jars a bit.

Top Bottom