V. can WALK (PC)

+
When i play on my mac on few shooter (yes i can play on it, a little bit...), i have the impression, i'm pretty good at aiming :)
But when i return on my XB, I come back down to earth, I suck :D
:D - well sure but if u left counterstrike a decade ago and just played console shooter since than its vise versa xP

I really don't see what is the logic behind this choice.
Taken, from the post I previously quoted;

Simple mathematics in terms of controller being a common factor for controls for the most platforms that the game is available on would (despite C2077 being primarily developed for PC) dictate that controllers would be given the most attention.

CDPR have limited time and resources, so it would stand to reason that a number of things in development would pander to the lowest common factor, which in this scenario is game controllers. I get where you're coming from with the desire to get better options for K&M, and I do agree to an extent (extensive keybinding is something that I highly appreciate in BeamNG Drive, though it's a PC exclusive), but CDPR aren't wholly unjustified in not having it as a priority for a multi platform game.

Good point.
Though, not being a dev, i think at least that unbinding the unbindable keys does not require a lot of time of work. I mean, the key exists, they just have to unbind it. Again, i don't know how this is done, but it seems such a small task compared to the rest of their work on the game.
If someone could explain to me the benefits for them to bind the keys in the first place, i'd be happy, because i don't see why this happens. From my point of view, it's just laziness and seems a little thing, compared to configure the AI of the game for example.

Just out of interest what happens if you tap W? Thinking back to trying to steer on a digital gamepad when analogue controllers first appeared and the only way to turn the wheels half way was to tap. Just curious if makes V walk on PC as the movement speed is an analogue but you only have a digital input.

I few days ago delete all my old saves and start new game with last patch 1.21. I dont know if it was in game before but i found combination for walk.

Hold right mouse button + W (only without guns, without combat stance)

You walk...! View is little zoomed but you really walk. When you at sametime when you moving look on V’s body... yes... it is walk.

I really dont know who came up with this stupid combination but it really work. Probly it is not what many people want but is it better then nothing. I using it in many times when i only walking on streets and want feel a atmosphere of city.

this is not a "stupid combination" maded to walk, it's just a way to adjust the aim with slow body movements in combination with mouse, especially when you use rifle, lots of games have this function and have nothing to do with "walking". You can barely consider it a walkaround, but is not at all a real and proper "walk mode"

Two months and a patch later, still nothing. I think i've lost all faith by now. J
Judging by the patch notes of last hotfixes, it's clear they won't add anything for PC until the game will release for consoles. Which may be a very, very long time.

Two months and a patch later, still nothing. I think i've lost all faith by now. J
Judging by the patch notes of last hotfixes, it's clear they won't add anything for PC until the game will release for consoles. Which may be a very, very long time.
It's back in the PS store on Monday so maybe you won't have to wait too long!

Dev please add Default walk!
things like this are low on the list for CDPR but high for us....Comrade"s Hammer 's bullets hit WAY low when ADS since release still now change for that either... shoot he wall out of sights, ADS with your bullet hole in the sight hole and your 2nd shot will be VERY low...this worsens with distance meaning the sight line and the barrel line are WAY OFF..so I feel your pain, their point of view doesn't match ours obviously

Are you sure it is not somewhere in the options? After the patches I mean. I have, unfortunately, encountered other game with no 'walking' for PC, but it was fixed fast I think. As it should. It seems like an easy fix imo....

Taken, from the post I previously quoted;

Simple mathematics in terms of controller being a common factor for controls for the most platforms that the game is available on would (despite C2077 being primarily developed for PC) dictate that controllers would be given the most attention.

CDPR have limited time and resources, so it would stand to reason that a number of things in development would pander to the lowest common factor, which in this scenario is game controllers. I get where you're coming from with the desire to get better options for K&M, and I do agree to an extent (extensive keybinding is something that I highly appreciate in BeamNG Drive, though it's a PC exclusive), but CDPR aren't wholly unjustified in not having it as a priority for a multi platform game.
yeah I hear ya,but IMO this is another example of poor release decision, if they are limited on resources, maximize what they do have..time,
many years went by...regardless of other factors if it wasn't ready it shouldn't have been released .... if this were a major car manufacture the
"lemon laws" would have come crashing down on them but the gaming industry is far removed from this fact proof in point look at EA's rep / history
They are considered "successful" doe to the money.... but you can never tell if a game is good or something shady is hidden in it as soon as you see their logo on the box...I'm hoping that CDPR isn't on this path " the dark side" money / profit over content / quality CP77 has a real fog around it right now... will it rise like a phoenix or is this a new lesser era for things to come

I personally will never use a controller, I only play PC games and only use K+M.
So much better in all fps games I have played. I struggled with using the keyb and mouse for driving for about 4 months and by the end of it had reasonable control through turning down the sensitivity of the 3rd person camera.

For the past few months though I have gotten used to the controller for driving and it is so much better. You can't beat the analogue control you get with acceleration and turning to the on/off with the keyb and mouse.

So much better in all fps games I have played. I struggled with using the keyb and mouse for driving for about 4 months and by the end of it had reasonable control through turning down the sensitivity of the 3rd person camera.

For the past few months though I have gotten used to the controller for driving and it is so much better. You can't beat the analogue control you get with acceleration and turning to the on/off with the keyb and mouse.
I don't own and won't ever buy a controller, my personal preference, plus I don't have the dexterity to use any controllers anymore. The couple of FPS I do play, K+M is more than enough for my needs.

And... still nothing with the new patch, unless i'm mistaken or it's a silent update.
Really disappointed. Such an easy fix though.

And... still nothing with the new patch, unless i'm mistaken or it's a silent update.
Really disappointed. Such an easy fix though.

Miles tweeted about this. It didn't make it to this patch. But it will come eventually. If you're on pc, you can use this. But you have to wait until it gets updated I guess. Haven't tried it with the new patch yet.

Miles tweeted about this. It didn't make it to this patch. But it will come eventually. If you're on pc, you can use this. But you have to wait until it gets updated I guess. Haven't tried it with the new patch yet.
yeah, cyber engine tweaks hasn't been updated yet, they are taking longer than usual but I guess 1.3 made quite extensive changes so it just isn't that simple

A little precision, it will come quite sure, it's on to do list.
But it's not on this patch ;)
Miles Tost - CDPR Level Designer

Top Bottom