V. can WALK (PC)

+
I few days ago delete all my old saves and start new game with last patch 1.21. I dont know if it was in game before but i found combination for walk.

Hold right mouse button + W (only without guns, without combat stance)

You walk...! View is little zoomed but you really walk. When you at sametime when you moving look on V’s body... yes... it is walk.

I really dont know who came up with this stupid combination but it really work. Probly it is not what many people want but is it better then nothing. I using it in many times when i only walking on streets and want feel a atmosphere of city.

True, but this type of walk is very slow. I talk about normal walk when you dont must carry with you many trash. This walk you can use everytime when you want.

I few days ago delete all my old saves and start new game with last patch 1.21. I dont know if it was in game before but i found combination for walk.

Hold right mouse button + W (only without guns, without combat stance)

You walk...! View is little zoomed but you really walk. When you at sametime when you moving look on V’s body... yes... it is walk.

I really dont know who came up with this stupid combination but it really work. Probly it is not what many people want but is it better then nothing. I using it in many times when i only walking on streets and want feel a atmosphere of city.

Nice discovery! Funny it took this long for someone to find it. Now you could also combine this knowledge with inputUserMappings edits to get a better key combination for the walking.

Personally I never walk myself, I love doing my Tom Cruise impression with my protagonists especially in this game BUMPING my way through crowds! :)

If you use a gaming controller (you know; those widely available implements specifically developed for games, that C2077 is evidently developed in favour of), walking has been very accessible since the game's release :shrug:

If you use a gaming controller (you know; those widely available implements specifically developed for games, that C2077 is evidently developed in favour of), walking has been very accessible since the game's release
As a console player, while it is true that having two analogue sticks means that walking or jogging is a simple affair, the game's UI was not designed with controllers in mind, or at least the work wasn't finished. The menus are part controller friendly, but more set-up for a mouse.

The menus are part controller friendly, but more set-up for a mouse.
Intriguing; I play on PC (with a PS3 controller) and have only felt the need to use a mouse at one point in almost 500 hours of gameplay and it wasn't for menus, heh

I needed a mouse for Cassidy's shooting challenge in "We Gotta Live Together", because controller aiming isn't great in my humble opinion ':/

My only complaint with the menus is that the process of doing simple things (crafting, food, drink, etc) is very slow.

Intriguing; I play on PC (with a PS3 controller) and have only felt the need to use a mouse at one point in almost 500 hours of gameplay and it wasn't for menus, heh
The menus work ok with a controller, but they seem to be a halfway house between being set up for easy controller navigation and configured for keyboard and mouse. I'm so used to console aiming that I don't find it too bad, but nothing is as fast and precise for aiming than a mouse, to be fair.

The thing is, a lot of old PC gamers are still fond of their K + M combo and this game, 6 months after release, is still a chore when playing this way ( some keys still unbindable, no walk option...).
This is not right, especially for a big studio.
Also, these devs started with the Witcher 1, a PC game only, which could only played with keyboard. It's very strange to see the way gamepads are now promoted and the "only" right way to play their last game.

Gamepads are good for some things (driving, adjust the speed,...) but the worst for aiming,
its subjective i would say - its not "the worst" just completely different. personallly i like shooter more on controler than on esport-pc settings - yet i know its not the majority. ^^

its subjective i would say - its not "the worst" just completely different. personallly i like shooter more on controler than on esport-pc settings - yet i know its not the majority. ^^
When i play on my mac on few shooter (yes i can play on it, a little bit...), i have the impression, i'm pretty good at aiming :)
But when i return on my XB, I come back down to earth, I suck :D

@JCB1994 : I'm not complaining about gamepads, and i'm not debating on the "best" way to play videogames. This is not the problem. I think being able to play the way you like is a cool thing of this gaming age.
The problem is, you cannot play the game to its fullest (you can't walk for example) if you're playing with keyboard and mouse. I don't see why the devs are punishing some players this way. I really don't see what is the logic behind this choice. Walking is not the worst thing. You can't even rebind some keys, even to this day, if you choose keyboard.

Top Bottom