V is too nice.

+
I would really like to play a V who is a real selfish, backstabbing piece of shit (you can't mod this, Keanu literally says this to us in one of the quests).

Is it possible to play a real dickbag in this game?

Ashii

Forum veteran
I would really like to play a V who is a real selfish, backstabbing piece of shit (you can't mod this, Keanu literally says this to us in one of the quests).

That's the first time I see someone saying V is too nice. Usually the case is "why is V so rude?!", personally, I don't agree with it. I like that V sometimes doesn't take anyone's shit. Love her sass and rudeness. Finally a protagonist with some backbone.

That's the first time I see someone saying V is too nice. Usually the case is "why is V so rude?!", personally, I don't agree with it. I like that V sometimes doesn't take anyone's shit. Love her sass and rudeness. Finally a protagonist with some backbone.

There are some good spots for it, but there are also some spots where I would like V to be far less accommodating.

double tap everyone. half the cyberpsycho or gig missions your supposed to leave them alive, Regina always acting like im a dickhead.

Ashii

Forum veteran
There are some good spots for it, but there are also some spots where I would like V to be far less accommodating.

I get that, I also wish that V sometimes had an option to just punch someone during dialogues. It happens, but only like twice.

I get that, I also wish that V sometimes had an option to just punch someone during dialogues. It happens, but only like twice.
Its there b ut yeah its not to the extent that you want and mostly its towards johnny. There's other quest where you can be a dickhead in the side missions.

Female V when she is roleplaying and joking around with other npc's is the cuteist..

Its there b ut yeah its not to the extent that you want and mostly its towards johnny. There's other quest where you can be a dickhead in the side missions.

OK, and on the opposite vein - when I'm riding Delamaine with Jackie, the only speech option I get is to shit on him. I don't want to shit on JW, I want him to enjoy his ride.

Gonna try remaining silent.

there is an option to start shooting in several dialogues. Whenever you have a dialogue try drawing your weapon / attack button.

Ashii

Forum veteran
there is an option to start shooting in several dialogues. Whenever you have a dialogue try drawing your weapon / attack button.

Yeah, that's true, but I'd prefer to punch someone instead of shooting them in the face. Just... small things like that. More control of V's character.

Eh there's no way around it.

Unlike SWTOR, the devs didn't give us Good, Bad, and Indifferent choices.

It looks like a Sandbox (and it is), it seems like an RPG (and it is), but the main story is as linear as a Batman game...

V is V, there's no other options. No good V, no bad V, no indifferent V.

Sure you can play LTL weapons.. Sure you can play KillemAll. But it doesn't matter, all that does is change the voice actors scripts post mission.

It's not like Fable where if you're bad the town folk and NPCs literally run from you and cower in a corner and beg "please no". It's not like Fable where if you're good every male and female NPC in the game compliments you and has a big heart over their head signaling fuck me and marry me hero!

Nor does your appearance change like both Fable and SWTOR does based on actions.

Main Story = Linear Batman Game... V is Batman.

Eh there's no way around it.

Unlike SWTOR, the devs didn't give us Good, Bad, and Indifferent choices.

It looks like a Sandbox (and it is), it seems like an RPG (and it is), but the main story is as linear as a Batman game...

V is V, there's no other options. No good V, no bad V, no indifferent V.

Sure you can play LTL weapons.. Sure you can play KillemAll. But it doesn't matter, all that does is change the voice actors scripts post mission.

It's not like Fable where if you're bad the town folk and NPCs literally run from you and cower in a corner and beg "please no". It's not like Fable where if you're good every male and female NPC in the game compliments you and has a big heart over their head signaling fuck me and marry me hero!

Nor does your appearance change like both Fable and SWTOR does based on actions.

Main Story = Linear Batman Game... V is Batman.
I think that's where the disconnect is. The DIALOGUE lets you play nice/mean V, but the way the world REACTS to those choices is static. No one treats V any differently. There's no punishment/reward system in place that would DRASTICALLY improve this.

Last edited:
If V double cross people, there will be a lot of missions missed.

V can be a douche with Panam and Judy, but then their quests will be lost. With Johnny will hinder one of the endings.

Technically you can only double cross "bad guys" or fail fixer jobs.

You can leave the two BD guys live (father and son), negotiate a discount in the scavenger ripper doc, and accept bribery from some corpo that let people die, but there's no much more than that.

You can't really be "evil": Scavenge people for cyber parts; steal people and sell the goods; assassinate "good" people - most of good people you have to "kill" can be persuaded to disappear; side with Tyger Claws to do some doll trafficking; side with 6th street to capture and extort imigrants; hunt Netwatch people (outside Pacifica quest); betray Rivers and keep his nephew trapped (Jigsaw style).

And I don't know if being capable to do this things (or things like that) would add to player experience.

This. Girl after my own heart. Female V will stomp any gonk, I love her accent too

Seriously, who can resist offing those guys though - one at a time, and slowly.

Philosophically, does that make us bad people?

That's why I said that leaving them alive is something bad. I did it to see what happened. Nothing happened.

That's one of the main issue of this game. To insert a morality system, the world would have to react to what you do.

But nothing you do matters that much. The police system is more a "back off 200 meter system".

At least if they made the bounty system to be applied to V (so player would be forced to desguise and go to the police to pay the bounty), or vendors making discounts if you clear their areas of bandits, there could be some world reaction that made a morality system appliable.

Yea, I felt like a polite 'Yes man'. Not to mention, I felt like law enforcement for majority of the game. Sure, I could skip mo0re than half of the content, but why theh ell would I want to do that?!

Top Bottom