V + Judy + Aldecaldo's ending - Discussion [Spoilers]

+
From my point of view, all the endings go the extra mile to really express how inevitable V's death is.

But, what about the Aldacaldo's ending? Specifically the one with female V when she also leaves with Judy.
First of all, V says that with Vik's drugs she'll last longer, maybe 1-3 months more that the 6 months initially expected, possibly (my guess). Then, Panam herself mentions that she has some contacts who could help V with her problem.
You might say that this is the Cyberpunk genre, that, just like Johnny mentioned, to people like us, from NC there's nothing good coming our way. But ... that doesn't make sense. Good people in NC don't have good things coming their way simply because they do good. And to a merc like V, who is not good nor bad, doesn't necessarily mean she's destined to just die. So that logic doesn't quite work. Not to mention she's not in NC anymore at this point.

Now, about the various messages we get from all our friends:

- First, Mitch, he says he has no idea where V is at the moment. Did she really leave the Aldecaldos with Judy? I've been wondering about this ever since my first playthrough. I almost always choose the Nomad's path. And I'd love to be left with the thought that V's with Judy, Panam, Mitch and the rest of the family. But what Mitch says takes that from me. I like to think that maybe they left to continue their search for a way to save V, but plan on returning.

- Second, Judy. She's so happy, which fills me with joy! But that does get me thinking. Should't she be kinda bummed for the fact that V technically has a validation date? She was absolutely happy, could this mean they had already done something about V's problem?

- Third, Vik. He talks to V without any regard if she's healthy or not. Doesn't mention it at all, the first time I was expecting something like Johnny's last words "Never stop fighting". The way he talked though, he either thought that she managed to save herself when she invaded Arasaka, or he knows something we don't know.

Everyone talks to V without mentioning her health. But this could be interpreted has a lack of knowledge of what trully happened. Since Rogue, for example, wanted to pass along a message to Johnny even though he was no longer with V.

Everytime I play this game I always end up feeling this dark nothing. Depression? I don't even know. There's nothing for us in the end, doesn't even feel good playing it after finishing the main missions. What's the point, V will loose everything no matter what. This is my personal opinion obviously, and it doesn't change the fact that I love the game.

I can only hope that one day, someone behind the creation of this masterpiece reveals "V always dies" or "V dies at ending 'A' 'B' 'C', but there's a change of survival at 'D' 'E'." Something official you know? Videogames are not movies. In a movie, the character dies and we cry and that's it. In a videogame, it's diferent. We are that person. We spent time living within, we empathise with it's struggles and dreams. We ourselves don't want to die. In a movie though, we're outside, looking within.

I'm going to stick with my belief that V somehow survives and comes back with Judy to the Aldecaldos. I have no proof of this, it's just what I want to believe. Even though I don't quite believe it.

What's the point, V will loose everything no matter what.
You can look at it like so - we all going to die. Knowing our end is assured and death is inevitable it's up to us to give meaning to our lives... or give up to despair and end it.

And going with Alt could be seen as immortality, but at a cost.

Aldecaldos are also way bigger than the camp we see. On top of that a lot of them are hard criminals, similar to V or fixers ;) It looks like "good" ending with "friends" but In 2077 there is no "good" by our standards.

I can only hope that one day, someone behind the creation of this masterpiece reveals

Aside of Arasaka ending it's likely that we always meet Mr. Blue eyes. He is present in some but I wouldn't be surprise if Nomad ending would also lead to him as he is really interested in someone capable standing against Arasaka big time. Mr blue eyes is also present in Peralez quest like and Garry the Prophet talks about blue eyes people and gets kidnapped by them. And in the end the Rogue/Solo ending - Blue Eyes tells that if the space heist goes out V will get reward greater than wealth - life?

Hi. I can relate to the feeling of emptiness, it took me more than a split second to frame the game in the way I like it.

I actually choose to believe that V finds a way in the secret sun ending.
That is actually in the spirit of that ending, but concretes are unfortunately left to the player's imagination.

About the prospect of dying, as the V, I wouldn't see it as it all being for nothing. I know V reacts that way, but I am the one playing V, so I beg to differ.

So many things have changed for the better thanks to V. All the good deeds V gets to do, all people whose lives were put back on their feet, and all random acts of kindness. That is all that remains behind. And the best part is, V didn't drag anyone down the Arasaka hole to die out of some sense of duty or debt. A perfect ending. In my gameplay, that is.

To get back to V in the secret sun ending, I choose to believe that V finds a way. Wait, do I repeat myself? Yes, I do! Let's see what I have to say after. There are many ways it can go. V breaks into the crystal palace, ransacks the place, gets what's needed, and blazes down. Or jacks in as part of the plan, and obtains access to a bionic body with a bionic blank brain, ready to take anything that is poured into it. I think, to the very least, V still has the option to become an AI when the body cannot carry them if not remain in a corporal form. It just doesn't make sense for the ever fighter, ever-winner V to just die.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, yes, my V is alone. She just mourns her friend Jackie. She might go to the Arasaka tower for the second round of face slapping, till Jackie's remains are produced from wherever Araska put them. That might put it to rest.

Last edited:
I think the Star/Aldecaldos ending is just ambiguous enough to offer a glimmer of hope, as well as wriggle room for future content if any of that takes place after the main campaign. This may have been done on purpose, but maybe not. For example there is cut dialogue floating around the net where V and Judy are discussing V's imminent death which sounds like it would've taken place during All Along the Watchtower. We can only guess why it was really removed though. Maybe CDPR thought it would just depress people more.

I don't buy the popular reasoning that we don't get a happy ending because it's a Cyberpunk genre trope, surely a more prominent one would be transformation, or the merging of organic & synthetic life as seen in stuff like Neuromancer, Ghost in the Shell, et cetera. Still baffled there's no merge w/ Johnny ending, but maybe it was too obvious. Still baffled out of all the outcomes possible not one was considered where V is given at most months to live. Guh.
Everytime I play this game I always end up feeling this dark nothing.
Yup, every playthrough I've done I feel I'm over it now, but I hear the ending theme and Outsider No More and it still depresses me endlessly.

I think more than anything, it's the ambiguity that stings, if it's final, give it finality, so now it's like we're in limbo wondering "well?"

I must say I did feel comfortable enough with the Judy-Aldecaldos-Ending. V wasn't giving up and she had friends who did everything they could for help. Sure it wasn't very likely to survive this mess but hey, weirder things have happened in settings like this one.

Later I tried the Johnny ending but that was much more depressing for me somehow.

So yeah, it's all very subjective...

Everytime I play this game I always end up feeling this dark nothing. Depression? I don't even know. There's nothing for us in the end, doesn't even feel good playing it after finishing the main missions. What's the point, V will loose everything no matter what. This is my personal opinion obviously, and it doesn't change the fact that I love the game.
Exactly that is the point. This is how this story goes. In the end your only choice is how to end it, really. A privilege. :D
Strangely enough I found Temperance ending to be the most wholesome one. You let Johnny live. This is your ultimate sacrifice in a way. It just felt like the right thing to do in the end. Oh, and believe me when I say this altruistic decision wasn't the first, second, or third time I went for. This goes against human nature, in a way. Survival being the instinct and all that. But this is the most humane decision, imho.

V+Judy+Aldecaldos ending - is the illusion we all want to live in. Hope, knowing the outcome is the most sinister thing there is. (IMHO)

Last edited:
- Second, Judy. She's so happy, which fills me with joy! But that does get me thinking. Should't she be kinda bummed for the fact that V technically has a validation date? She was absolutely happy, could this mean they had already done something about V's problem?
Just about this point.
To quote Liara in Mass Effect (from my memories) :
"Rather than thinking about the inevitable disappearance of the loved one, we have learned to rejoice and take advantage of the time we have left to spend together."
So even if V will die "soon", she can be happy to finally have someone to love, who love her too and on above all, someone in who she can trust. Something which is never happen before (A movie > Life in a year. One year remaining...).

It seems to me that some of you have not understood the ending meaning:
“-Goodbye V, never stop fighting.”

Last edited:
Yup, every playthrough I've done I feel I'm over it now, but I hear the ending theme and Outsider No More and it still depresses me endlessly.

I think more than anything, it's the ambiguity that stings, if it's final, give it finality, so now it's like we're in limbo wondering "well?"
Exactly!
That was the best way to describe it.

It's been a while since I've seen the ending with the Aldecaldos, but if I recall correctly:

When V is talking to Panam, there's a moment where Panam will notice V is "bleeding again". So even in the Aldecaldo ending, it hints that V is dying, which is consistent with what Alt tells V.

My take on the Aldecaldo ending is that it's about V living that last bit of their life on their own terms, continuing to struggle, but also enjoying the time they have left.

Top Bottom