V Looks like a junkie

+
I think he looked pretty average, considering the Cyberpunk setting.

I have to say though, I'm surprised that so many people care about the advertising protagonist. Because that's what he is to me really. Advertising. He's not CP2077's face, he's the advertising face. Doesn't mean jack to me, just like Shepard from Mass Effect. For the game itself, I'll be choosing the face of V. When I think of moments from Mass Effect, I always remember the character faces of the two mains I created, not the boxart stuff.

Speaking of which, I was very pleased to read several times that new glimpses of the character generator apparently left the viewers with the impression that there will be lots and lots of customisation. Very happy if that's true.

Cyberpunk 2077 presentation was great and all. IMO its one of the best E3 moments ever. But there is one thing I did not like and it's a big deal given what the game it is about.
I though V looked like a total junkie. I don't like that. I understand there is customization but I don't know how deep it is. So I don't know if I'd be able to keep my character looking as I'd like if not as I exactly want.
There are future tech lines on his and many others faces in the game. I hope there will be modifications that will hide that. I'm not clear how I would change it or if it is be an issue with all characters.
example I'd like to mention here is Dragon Age Inquisition. I wanted to make a gruff, hard, stoic looking character but it just seemed impossible. Every character looked a bit of a dandy. I hope that the V look and feel in the E3 presentation is not a similar case with 2077 where all you characters no matter how you customize looks like an addict or junkie.
One could argue that for people in the 2077 future it will be normal. I understand that but I'd argue no matter how far in the future, people will always have diverse tastes and some will just choose never to have those marks on them, like I personally would never get a tattoo, for example.

your idea of a 'total junkie'
and how see see it
are arbitrary.

sure, you can have an opinion but don't think/act on them like they are facts.
you can also see it different and then he is no longer a 'junkie'

I worked with a lot of drugs addicts and they are all unique.
And non of them like the word 'junk' or 'garbage'...

You know that in Witcher 3 you go about days without shaving right? And by so, the beards grows, Imagine if this game has the same progressive technology but for beards and tiredness looks. That would be interesting.

He sort of reminds me a bit of Jesse Pinkman, from breaking bad. His mannerism and voice matched up pretty well with Pinkman's. When I first heard him I even thought it was Aaron Paul who was voicing V. So I get where you're coming from. Even in this in-game image he looks a bit rough. His hair and face; I'm just not digging it. I really hope there is an in-depth character creator.

He sort of reminds me a bit of Jesse Pinkman, from breaking bad. His mannerism and voice matched up pretty well with Pinkman's. When I first heard him I even thought it was Aaron Paul who was voicing V. So I get where you're coming from. Even in this in-game image he looks a bit rough. His hair and face; I'm just not digging it. I really hope there is an in-depth character creator.

It was apparently confirmed last sunday by a redname on official discord that male V is now voiced by Gavin Drea.

About the circuit lines in character's faces, if I'm not mistaken, you can regulate that in the character creation menu, at least in the one we saw in the 2018 demo.
Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 9.46.21 PM.png

Other than looking thinner than what the older version looked like, maybe some dark circles... there's really nothing that actually says "junkie".
Ideally you'll be able to make your character however you want.
I hope we'll maybe see a bit more info on customization one day cause it seems like everyones forgetting that they're looking at the base male V. lol

Well, the guy is wearing what seems to be a smiley face chomping pills, so maybe he is a junkie, so what? Doesn't mean your V has to be one.

Lol that is so cute! But seriously, I think everyone takes drugs in CP2077. V can accept puffers or whatever in the 48min demo from last year. Makes me wonder if there's a possibility V can become dependent if you take too many drugs.

He has sad eyes though. Could it be only for that scene? Are they gonna do happy eyes, sad eyes thing with this.
I imagine so. Their faces are very expressive :sad:I love how they can convey feelings without saying words now. A lot of people suspect in the cinematic trailer that V and Jackie are more than just friends, but I dunno! I love Jackie and I don't want him to die lol

A lot of people suspect in the cinematic trailer that V and Jackie are more than just friends, but I dunno!

This was actually my very first assumption when I saw V's reaction. It made the scene all the more impactful for me.

However, I think it's unlikely. From what I can tell, you are only with Jackie for a brief period of time (relatively speaking) at the beginning of the game, as a prologue sequence type of thing. Unless they enforce romantic relationships on the player, it's probably not what's going on.

I think they are just very, very good friends (SHOCKING, I know -- you can have FRIENDS in a Cyberpunk world!). The scene almost made my tear up a bit. So much emotion in their faces. Man.

This was actually my very first assumption when I saw V's reaction. It made the scene all the more impactful for me.

However, I think it's unlikely. From what I can tell, you are only with Jackie for a brief period of time (relatively speaking) at the beginning of the game, as a prologue sequence type of thing. Unless they enforce romantic relationships on the player, it's probably not what's going on.

I think they are just very, very good friends (SHOCKING, I know -- you can have FRIENDS in a Cyberpunk world!). The scene almost made my tear up a bit. So much emotion in their faces. Man.
No, no- don't say that! I don't want to think Jackie's just a "tutorial" character. Even if that's the case, what if you have the option to be romantically involved with him regardless of gender and then V loses him :sad: it'd be so tragic! Even if they're just really good friends. I think Viktor and Jackie are main characters tho. IF he was an unimportant character I don't think CDPR would be secretive about whether he's dead or not. Plus that scene isn't going to be in the game because we customize our own V's!

Top Bottom