V-Sync | Horrible FPS and Stutter look after 1.07 Patch?

+
V-Sync | Horrible FPS and Stutter look after 1.07 Patch?

Before 1.07 I was averaging around 55-60 FPS with V-Sync on. The game played great!

After the recent patch, my FPS dropped down into the low 40's! I also have this weird stutter effect that almost makes the game look choppy. As if the screen is stuttering none stop.

I disabled V-Sync and my FPS went right back up to 55 FPS, still not as good as before, but better. However, trying to play with V-Sync off leaves the game looking even more choppy! Either way it is a lose, lose.

I was really enjoying this game with 25 hours in and I have not played in over a week due to this bug! I really want to keep playing it but I can't play with it looking like that. I feel it would take from the wonderful experience I already had for the 1st 25 hours.

Is there any update or patch coming out that would fix this?

i5 4.8 GHZ
16 gigs of ram
GTX 970 SC - 2 Way-SLI
SSD HD Extreme
1080P

Before 1.07 I was averaging around 55-60 FPS with V-Sync on. The game played great!

After the recent patch, my FPS dropped down into the low 40's! I also have this weird stutter effect that almost makes the game look choppy. As if the screen is stuttering none stop.

I disabled V-Sync and my FPS went right back up to 55 FPS, still not as good as before, but better. However, trying to play with V-Sync off leaves the game looking even more choppy! Either way it is a lose, lose.

I was really enjoying this game with 25 hours in and I have not played in over a week due to this bug! I really want to keep playing it but I can't play with it looking like that. I feel it would take from the wonderful experience I already had for the 1st 25 hours.

Is there any update or patch coming out that would fix this?

i5 4.8 GHZ
16 gigs of ram
GTX 970 SC - 2 Way-SLI
SSD HD Extreme
1080P

Try:
V-Synch off, Borderless Widescreen.
And cap the game to 50.

Try:
V-Synch off, Borderless Widescreen.
And cap the game to 50.

Capping framerates at values other than a divisor of the refresh rate (e.g. 30, 40, 60 or 120 FPS for 120 Hz monitors) will result in extra stuttering caused by the monitor having to drop a frame regularly due to the odd number.

Before 1.07 I was averaging around 55-60 FPS with V-Sync on. The game played great! After the recent patch, my FPS dropped down into the low 40's! I also have this weird stutter effect that almost makes the game look choppy. As if the screen is stuttering none stop.

See sections 10 and 11 of the Compendium for configuring your GPU's control panel settings for maximum performance and smoothness. ;)

Capping framerates at values other than a divisor of the refresh rate (e.g. 30, 40, 60 or 120 FPS for 120 Hz monitors) will result in extra stuttering caused by the monitor having to drop a frame regularly due to the odd number.

See sections 10 and 11 of the Compendium for configuring your GPU's control panel settings for maximum performance and smoothness. ;)

Thanks for the tips!

However, I would like to solve the problem as to why the game was playing so nicely for me and then after the patch I am having such a graphical problem.

Thanks for the tips! However, I would like to solve the problem as to why the game was playing so nicely for me and then after the patch I am having such a graphical problem.

You are very welcome! :p

Unfortunately, only CDPR could answer that question for you and that is not likely to happen, given that they never replied to a lot of people dissatisfied with the performance problems introduced by patch 1.07. That being said, you can at least rest assured in knowing that almost everyone is encountering the same issues as you are and if we find any other tweaks that can help, they will be posted in the Compendium's OP, same as always! ;)

You are very welcome! :p

Unfortunately, only CDPR could answer that question for you and that is not likely to happen, given that they never replied to a lot of people dissatisfied with the performance problems introduced by patch 1.07. That being said, you can at least rest assured in knowing that almost everyone is encountering the same issues as you are and if we find any other tweaks that can help, they will be posted in the Compendium's OP, same as always! ;)

Unfortunately no tweak eliminates 1.07 micro-stutter completely. Not for me anyway.

Top Bottom