V will have different start location depending of your life path.

+
https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-badlands-nomads/

“You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there, being part of a family of the Nomads,” Sasko explained. “You could call them a tribe that is living in cars and they’re just driving over Badlands. They’re doing various jobs for fixers, and for people in the city, and doing various deals – I don’t want to disclose too much because not to spoil the story.”

So , it's basiclly like Dragon Age: Origins , right?

I suppose it’s a good thing.

I just hope it doesn’t lead to bottleneck situation similiarly to DA:O, but keeps the momentum more organically.

I don't want to be that optimistic, I'd say that more realistically it's just some kind of background for your character that describes your V and let you interact with NPCs with specific dialogue lines.

For a Nomad it makes perfect sense that they're associated with the local Nomad clans, that's why they're in Night City not half way across the country with another clan.

By the same token I'd bet a Corp 'V' is associated with one of the Corps in Night City, this explains how any why you "Know people". Same with Street Kid 'V'.

If they really do flesh out the backgrounds like this including custom beginnings, my mood is positively swayed again after the apartment "downgrade" - not that I was mad about it, I just expected to be able to have or see some kind of progression in apartment ownership.

Adding not just custom ties in the later game but different beginnings per background (akin to Dragon Age Origins) is a big plus for me and puts more weight or depth to each individual background.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-badlands-nomads/

You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there, being part of a family of the Nomads,” Sasko explained. “You could call them a tribe that is living in cars and they’re just driving over Badlands. They’re doing various jobs for fixers, and for people in the city, and doing various deals – I don’t want to disclose too much because not to spoil the story.”

It would be great to have custom start for cop, nomad and street kid , but it could be easily just wrong choice of words or misinterpretation, we need confirmation for this... It doesnt need to be something big, but for immersion sake having three different location start would be pretty cool... Maybe it will be something like The Witcher 3 tutorial section in Kaer Morhen but x3 in Cyberpunk 2077 for every background... We know that the last demo was prologue area, something like White Orchard in Witcher 3, maybe after tutorial sections every character will end up in the prologue area as mercenary starting from zero, and tutorial will give us some backstory how he ended that way in each background.

Would definitely be interesting, we could maybe take it a step further and you get a different starting npc buddy depending on your background as well with Jackie being the one for street kid.

You play long enough and everything becomes "basically, like something", lol.

I'll be surprised if different origins will lead to substantially different intro chapters. In Witcher 3 you have a small village adventure before you embark on the main quest after visiting the emperor. I believe it can be similar with V, before he/she gets the chip, depending on the choice of origin it will be a different location with different set of quests.

As the late Foltest said once: "This I like!" :cool: Hopefully this means there are origin stories, a la Dragon Age: Origins, for V. Wow, I wasn’t expecting this type of mechanic really, now I hope it makes it to the final version of the game in some form or another.

So you're saying we can't trust 2019 E3 interviews in general? It's kinda sad that it's come to this.

More looking at Sinister.Sinner`s post about lost in translation but things change as we have seen . The game is still almost a year away plus the probable delay .

It's a nice touch specially for those who like to play the game several times with different builds/characters, having the same start again and again can be a bit tedious and repetitive so I totally support that plus it adds some extra flavor.

I didn't write it before because I sort of hoped to get some sort of confirmation... but the idea that your background/lifepath determines your starting location and safehouse/apartment is awesome!

In other open world games I've sort of had to do this headcanon stuff myself, pick a homebase from a set of choices, imagine that my character is like this, lives in this kind of place, has this kind of style, etc. It helps a lot if there is variety to begin with. This also goes a long way of dismissing my fears of a simple and straightforward world and quest.

I did get the gist of what the devs are trying to do with quests and the world... I just didn't/don't believe it until I see it. I got very little(practically none) faith in anything. I was burnt to cinders when CCP spent 5 years developing world of darkness MMO and then canceled it.

ps. When I have previously written 'apartment', I meant safehouse... in my mind these are synonymous.

Where-ever we start It only makes sense that our apartment would be destroyed by our foes. So CDPR should work around that somehow.

I posted this vid in the single apartment thread already...

It proves in my opinion that there's no such thing as diffrerent starting locations... ( 00:45 - 1:05 )

Top Bottom