"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
I find it odd that Night City people want to buy an apartment in first place, you would imagine they have other needs than buy some apartments, like Fashion? Cyberware? Partying? V sure doesnt like some Family guy to me.

Theres so many boring real life city game already, watchdog, division, gta etc. Its time to put a twist, imho. I could be wrong here but cyberpunkers worship fashion, generally fashion is very expensive for example. Instead of buying house, cat and pizza, they want to put their money into fashion.

Okay, kind of going in circles now and well off the apartment subject.

Kiiiiind of inclined to close it.

Anyone have any closing arguments they wanted to get in first?

why would you close this thread, what if someone has something new to say 2 months from now? game isn't out for a year.
off topic posts should be deleted of course, but just by judging the page number in this thread this is obviously a important topic to many people here, why force a stop to the discussion?

I understand and can forgive not being able to own multiple apartments, but not being able to customise my only apartment makes zero sense in a game where individuality is one of the core concepts. If the game is allowing us to customise our character to a exhaustive degree, then that should extend to our place of abode.

Is this an artistic choice they've made, or an objective issue of not having enough resources to implement this feature in the game? I'm ok with this feature being a free DLC post-release if need be.

EDIT: Never mind. These forums have been throwing me curve balls in making me think older posts are the newer ones.

Theres so many boring real life city game already, watchdog, division, gta etc. Its time to put a twist, imho. I could be wrong here but cyberpunkers worship fashion, generally fashion is very expensive for example. Instead of buying house, cat and pizza, they want to put their money into fashion.

It's a role-playing game in which you create your own character, and have a certain degree of freedom over their actions, morals, etc. So it doesn't really do any good to generalize and assume all Cyberpunks will have the same values. Also, investing into fashion is not mutually exclusive with having a place to rest your head.

And this is why this thread is pointless, since people imagine completely different game - which has little to do with what is being made - where reducing amount of apartments you own would matter.
You're assuming sandbox for me = apartments. I never said that. On the contrary.

I made things pretty clear a couple pages back, so I honestly have no idea how people are still misunderstanding the "pro apartment" side of things. It's really not that complicated, and there are many valid reasons somebody would want to have different apartments throughout the game (not necessarily at the same time). It has nothing to do with wanting the game to be a sandbox, and it has nothing to do (for most of us) with believing RPG = MUST HAVE APARTMENTS.

why would you close this thread, what if someone has something new to say 2 months from now? game isn't out for a year.
off topic posts should be deleted of course, but just by judging the page number in this thread this is obviously a important topic to many people here, why force a stop to the discussion?

I actually agree with this guy, Sard.

As for whether or not we've drifted off the topic of apartments, I think we're still on-topic, but obviously apartments intertwine with different things. Briefly discussing whether or not the game's "sandbox" features should include the ability to own apartments isn't OT, IMO.

The going in circles thing... I guess that's up to you, but I know we've left far worse threads up for far, far longer in that regard. RPG mechanics threads, for example. Just my 2 cents.

It's a role-playing game in which you create your own character, and have a certain degree of freedom over their actions, morals, etc. So it doesn't really do any good to generalize and assume all Cyberpunks will have the same values. Also, investing into fashion is not mutually exclusive with having a place to rest your head..

If people in Night City have same values as they have in real life, thats boring stuff. I really hope thats not the case. Just like GTA, big part of the city is just average joes walking around and occasionally you see "fast car" but that is it. Watchdog? Even worse. Really hope CDPR looks this differently, yeah, instead of giving every guy an apartment, people in Night City could use rented apartments, or sleep in friends place, or in a car or hotel etc.

Last edited:
Would it be fun if Night CIty had those "pods" you see in Hong Kong for example? Basically its just small pod, you can sleep and do nothing else. They are so small, you need to crawl yourself into one.

Would it be fun if Night CIty had those "pods" you see in Hong Kong for example? Basically its just small pod, you can sleep and do nothing else. They are so small, you need to crawl yourself into one.
Actually, the original source material has exactly that. I dunno if it'll be in 2077 though.

Actually, the original source material has exactly that. I dunno if it'll be in 2077 though.

Sleep Pods sounds more Cyberpunk to me than apartments, sucks if theres some middle class area with families, car and dog etc. But yeah Im not gonna argue if CDPD has decided to go with apartment.

Anyone have any closing arguments they wanted to get in first?
Meh... doesn't matter what the game will offer... if it's just the one un-customizable place or 100 fully diverse places. People will be unhappy with one or the other.

At this point we know very little about how CDPR plans on utilizing the space, and if it doesn't bring any real utility other than it being there, then I'm fine with just the one at the expense of them concentrating on other aspects of the game. Should the opposite be true, and they added multiple customizable houses at the cost of having other aspects of the game be sub par, then people will just start complaining about that instead. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

Sleep Pods sounds more Cyberpunk to me than apartments, sucks if theres some middle class area with families, car and dog etc. But yeah Im not gonna argue if CDPD has decided to go with apartment.
There is a middle class area like that, but it probably won't be available to the player. In the source material, there's a suburban place called "Beaverville," and I think it's the same in 2077 but now called Heywood. However, the player probably won't be able to live there.

There is a middle class area like that, but it probably won't be available to the player. In the source material, there's a suburban place called "Beaverville," and I think it's the same in 2077 but now called Heywood. However, the player probably won't be able to live there.

Oh right.. I thikn it would be fun to sleep in Sleep Pods, get Hotel Room sometimes and party up, or sleep in your car aka "Fast Life" style.

One thing i haven`t seen posted about is picking up , V might be able to go back to their place . If V has a LI and you can go back to their place it would be like having more than one apartment .

Top Bottom