"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
View attachment 11003965View attachment 11003968
Three friends have cancelled pre orders, they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way, for those who like how it was well FBEEP you...
that's why i also don't preorder...
Maybe after the release the game will turn out to be good but let's wait...

At least we got verification.
Post automatically merged:

2018: We're definitively gonna have several purchasable apartments throughout the various districts of night city! Get hyped about all the cool things you'll be able to buy in the late game.

2019: We're gonna have one uncustomizable apartment in a fallen corporate giant. And we're not gonna tell anyone that we've changed our minds.

Last edited:
At least we got verification.

2018: We're definitively gonna have several purchasable apartments throughout the various districts of night city! Get hyped about all the cool things you'll be able to buy in the late game.

2019: We're gonna have one uncustomizable apartment in a fallen corporate giant. And we're not gonna tell anyone that we've changed our minds.
That's the optics of it.

Though maybe not as personal.

I hope this removal isn't going to reflect all the other things that I had high hopes for... If Cyberpunk was just another story with a set protagonist I probably wouldn't have been as interested in it.
One apartment is whatever, but at least customization...

The customizability is what will make me want to do more than just get from point A to point B. If none of it is extensive or enjoyable it's going to lose a lot of replayability to me

I thought after the fact that they were looking at RDR2 and what it did well, that they were going to put emphasis on the open-world immersion. Immersion is why I think RDR2 is the best open-world game to be created. What is the use of an open-world if you can't participate in it? No clubbing, no poker, no dancing? This is CyberPunk! Well I'm still excited for the great story it will tell.
The fact that there may be none of this. Like is that all we'll do outside of the main mission? just do combat, not do combat, box, race and hax? really? one of which isn't really a mini-game for playing. But to complete tasks to gain access.

That's all 8 districts in Night City has to offer? :giveup:

Like the stated reason for not being able to have multiple dwellings, because it doesn't seem Cyberpunk. Reads like a disconnect. To me, when that all sounds like Cyberpunk things to do. Especially in Night City, where its all about the disposable, status and capitalism is out of control.

Will be interesting to see in ten months, if others things get cut because they aren't "Cyberpunk" enough. Despite the opposite being true, could have just said "it didn't fit within the confine's of our game".

Last edited:
I don't mind having ONE APARTMENT as long as it has fast travel.

But then again, it would be nice to stash items near areas like every chest in video games. And if I have to travel all the way back to the apartment to withdraw some guns it'd be kinda tedious. Unless, again, there's fast travel around the city.

I don't mind having ONE APARTMENT as long as it has fast travel.

But then again, it would be nice to stash items near areas like every chest in video games. And if I have to travel all the way back to the apartment to withdraw some guns it'd be kinda tedious. Unless, again, there's fast travel around the city.
there is fast travel

there is fast travel

I mean there is fast travel but I don't want to use it and I know you probably neither.
There is really no logical argument for not having at least 6 apartments, one in each district.
They could even make them for rent, we could pay there for a night. So that everytime we are in particular part of city we can just book rooms and spend cash that way.

I mean there is fast travel but I don't want to use it and I know you probably neither.
There is really no logical argument for not having at least 6 apartments, one in each district.
They could even make them for rent, we could pay there for a night. So that everytime we are in particular part of city we can just book rooms and spend cash that way.
You book the room, spend cash, and... do what exactly? Apart from getting a call girl (which I'm not even sure if the feature has been confirmed yet), what do you need that room for?

Also, logistical question for you, or anyone else that would like to answer this.

Say you have one room in each district, each with its own garage and armory. Do you have all your weapons/cars/motorcycles duplicated in every location, or do you have different items in different spot? Do I then have to remember what's where, and fast travel... I'm sorry, you don't like to fast travel... and drive between 6 different rooms to find the weapon that I need? Or do I also keep an Excel spreadsheet on the side to keep track of what's where?

CDPR has confirmed on multiple occasions that you will be able to purchase apartments in multiple districts of the city ;)

Narratively, it doesn't make much sense for a 22 year old edgerunner/merc (who mind you is being hunted by corporations because she possibly has in her possession the key to immortality which is very valuable and she expendable) to go around real estate shopping with all of her spare time. Given the little pieces of plot we know so far, I'm surprised V has any apartment at all. I wouldn't want to have a place they could easily find me.

Narratively, it doesn't make much sense for a 22 year old edgerunner/merc (who mind you is being hunted by corporations because she possibly has in her possession the key to immortality which is very valuable and she expendable) to go around real estate shopping with all of her spare time. Given the little pieces of plot we know so far, I'm surprised V has any apartment at all. I wouldn't want to have a place they could easily find me.

100% agreed. people seem to want some kind of life simulator in cyberpunk world. the core of this game is STORY though.. If it don't make sense owning multiple apartment in story aspect, they should rule it out.

You may be right, But what i'm bothered with is the fact that we were promised 1 thing, that as you can see is important to a lot of people, and getting a completely different game.
Someone said here that clubbing and dancing wont be a thing, No card games to participate and other stuff, cmon, is the entirea essence of Night City is just killing gang members and corpos, then coming back to my one apartment in Watson? Is there a point to continue playing after you beat the game? We were promised a big immersive open world with ton of things to do, and as of now, with only story driven minigames such as hacking, no appartments, and no night life participation, it wont be as cool as i imagined it.

You may be right, But what i'm bothered with is the fact that we were promised 1 thing, that as you can see is important to a lot of people, and getting a completely different game.
I mean, stuff changes in game design. There have been a few other things that are different too that I have seen. Some of which are bigger deals than this for me. Change is to be expected. That's why they have "work in progress" plastered across the demo. I mean in TW3 that ended up removing a main character from the game before (Iorveth). My advice is to not get too attached to any particular mechanic/element.
Someone said here that clubbing and dancing wont be a thing, No card games to participate and other stuff, cmon, is the entirea essence of Night City is just killing gang members and corpos, then coming back to my one apartment in Watson?
No, there will be opportunities to relax. Who said there was no clubbing? There are definitely clubs. You can see them in some of the footage we've seen. Can V dance? I have no idea ... but that would be a very small thing for me. Also, why would CDPR do a card game again? They literally just did and are still doing that in another IP. Also it's been confirmed there is a hacking minigame.

I mean, stuff changes in game design. There have been a few other things that are different too that I have seen. Some of which are bigger deals than this for me. Change is to be expected. That's why they have "work in progress" plastered across the demo. I mean in TW3 that ended up removing a main character from the game before (Iorveth). My advice is to not get too attached to any particular mechanic/element.

No, there will be opportunities to relax. Who said there was no clubbing? There are definitely clubs. You can see them in some of the footage we've seen. Can V dance? I have no idea ... but that would be a very small thing for me. Also, why would CDPR do a card game again? They literally just did and are still doing that in another IP. Also it's been confirmed there is a hacking minigame.

Yes, Changes are to be expected. And they have every right to do what they want with their game, But Stuff like this are feeling like more of a downgrade than changes tbh. I had a pretty clear vision of what i wanted Night City to be, based on the information i got from the devs these past years, and the demo last year. And slowly bit by bit, this vision is crumbling.
And as of the mini games and clubbing, i was refering to a comment ive seen here, nothing is confirmed yet, And i didnt mean that i want them to make Gwent 2.0 in CP2077, That was only an example, But gambling would be a nice concept to add, as someone stated here before, is the concept of money in this game only for self modification? If so, it would be very disappointing.

100% agreed. people seem to want some kind of life simulator in cyberpunk world. the core of this game is STORY though.. If it don't make sense owning multiple apartment in story aspect, they should rule it out.

Yep, i'm guilty of that. I wanted a sandbox open world that contains a storyline but goes beyond that with freedom.
Running gangs, buying / altering stocks (possible espionage / sabotage of corps), businesses, property, etc.

I didn't necessarily think it would be up to that level of freedom but as we've said before the fact that theres only one pad means that its WAY more restricted than many had thought. Its witcher 3 style in cyberpunk city and it's our fault for dreaming too big.

I think a lot of people got a bit carried away with comparisons to non RPG open worlds like GTA, RDR, Yakuza, etc, now I don't want to disregard the disappointment, as I also liked the idea of having some changes of safe house along the story, but this always sounded like The Witcher 3 but with less linear mechanics and a bit more character customization.

Probably, we will get something like that then, where at least there'll be so many side quests and random events that we'll always be occupied in the city doing things anyway, but minigames and activities? they've never shown intention of focusing on that.

What I suspect is that they're going to do a lot of special scenes and narrative events that are connected to the appartment itself or the building, which they can't do obviously if they don't know where you'll be.

Top Bottom