"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
At least we got verification.
Post automatically merged:

2018: We're definitively gonna have several purchasable apartments throughout the various districts of night city! Get hyped about all the cool things you'll be able to buy in the late game.

2019: We're gonna have one uncustomizable apartment in a fallen corporate giant. And we're not gonna tell anyone that we've changed our minds.

2020 before release: Who needs apartments anyway!? Enjoy a life on the move! (Just kidding :D)

CDPR has confirmed on multiple occasions that you will be able to purchase apartments in multiple districts of the city ;)

Unless that is some indirect clever jab I think you missed a few key posts and what the thread was all about so far. They changed that and now you have to expect one apartment only. Examples of confirming tweets are a few posts above yours.

2020 before release: Who needs apartments anyway!? Enjoy a life on the move! (Just kidding :D)

Unless that is some indirect clever jab I think you missed a few key posts and what the thread was all about so far. They changed that and now you have to expect one apartment only. Examples of confirming tweets are a few posts above yours.

I'm betting that it was a miscommunication ;)

View attachment 11003965View attachment 11003968
Three friends have cancelled pre orders, they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way, for those who like how it was well FBEEP you...
that's why i also don't preorder...
Maybe after the release the game will turn out to be good but let's wait...

I'm betting that it was a miscommunication ;)

See quote above (the attachments) ;)

"they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way"
for me it's a bummer, but we'll just mod the thing later...
Things are subject to change. They can be added and removed. Like Keanu Reeves. He wasn't around at last year demo.

Yep, i'm guilty of that. I wanted a sandbox open world that contains a storyline but goes beyond that with freedom.
Running gangs, buying / altering stocks (possible espionage / sabotage of corps), businesses, property, etc.

I didn't necessarily think it would be up to that level of freedom but as we've said before the fact that theres only one pad means that its WAY more restricted than many had thought. Its witcher 3 style in cyberpunk city and it's our fault for dreaming too big.

I thought this was obvious. A better TW3, with another setting, guns, cars, augmentations, better gameplay and slightly better graphics. And I don't say this joking, TW3 is one of the best games that I've ever played.

Last edited:
Ok I'll try to give my two cents on the whole "only one apartment" thing with the information given right now.
Bear with me please as I never was very good in expressing my thoughts and feelings in a written form, let alone in not my first language.

When it comes to expectations out of last years E3, Gamescom, and gameplay demo, then Mike Pondsmith himself gave me a good fantasie as to what to look forward to once the game will be released.

Mike said in his interview with Angry Joe last year:
One thing I've always imagined in Night City is basically standing on like the 45th floor of something and watching the sun going down and hearing like gunshots in the distance and looking at it and see the AVs going by and I can get that in the game.

So I imagined that in CP2077 once you climb up the mercenary ladder higher and get the possibility to take high stake jobs only very few can pull off. That at that point your base of operation has changed to which one you chose throughout the game up to that point. So maybe one player chase the City Center apartment and another player the on in Heywood or even Pacifica.
Because they again this year emphasized alot that we as players can play V whatever way we like and that's why they'll give as as many tools as possible.

Do I want a gamemechanic like in Heartfire? No of course not. But I really hoped for the possibility to have more than one hideout or atleast can choose the district at some point (still possible I guess).

Now I know that the game will be alot like the witcher games. Means a very good story with very good characters and even more rpg possibilities this time around. But I also hoped for more freedome outside the main story.

I hope this makes some sense at least.

You and you're areskipping an entire game because of one feature that would have represented 1% of the content? Wow.

Why so many people have such unrealistic expectations? It will be a game, looking like it still be 10/10 and these little things don't change that.

Its likely CDPR have metrics from Witcher 3 or other games, so if these show majority of people don't care about stuff like villa in Blood & Wine its hard to justify development investment in something like that again so its gets reduced in scope.

Why so many people have such unrealistic expectations? It will be a game, looking like it still be 10/10 and these little things don't change that.

Its likely CDPR have metrics from Witcher 3 or other games, so if these show majority of people don't care about stuff like villa in Blood & Wine its hard to justify development investment in something like that again so its gets reduced in scope.
How can we care about villa in Blood and Wine when you can't do almost anything there?

Actually, here's a real compromise or "realistic" solution to push for. Or at least more realistic solution than general pleas here.

What do I mean?

So far I see a lot of regret that you can't have multiple apartments. Perhaps to encourage a push in our direction (dev-wise), whether for or after release, we need to become more specific.

Specifcally let's not (just) generally ask or hope for more apartments because that is an undefined number of X. Not counting myself, I have seen a few other posts about players hoping for a corporate center apartment. Why not have a goal we can reach and have a bit of lobbying work for:

One additional apartment in or near the corporate center
(and maybe additionally)
One additional apartment or hideout in or near the worst district of NC

This would perhaps be more specific and realistic and it would be an improvement over just one apartment, because two or three is better than one. I wouldn't mind if the (additional) apartments see little tie ins to the story if that was a thing with the first one, meaning less work to implement or tweak with everything, so it would almost turn into a pure bonus or optional aspect. The apartment itself should of course offer a few ways of interaction and then perhaps a few more than the standard one if the's the corporate one, and maybe a few less if it's the shoddy one.

Actually, here's a real compromise or "realistic" solution to push for. Or at least more realistic solution than general pleas here.

What do I mean?

So far I see a lot of regret that you can't have multiple apartments. Perhaps to encourage a push in our direction (dev-wise), whether for or after release, we need to become more specific.

Specifcally let's not (just) generally ask or hope for more apartments because that is an undefined number of X. Not counting myself, I have seen a few other posts about players hoping for a corporate center apartment. Why not have a goal we can reach and have a bit of lobbying work for:

One additional apartment in or near the corporate center
(and maybe additionally)
One additional apartment or hideout in or near the worst district of NC

This would perhaps be more specific and realistic and it would be an improvement over just one apartment, because two or three is better than one. I wouldn't mind if the (additional) apartments see little tie ins to the story if that was a thing with the first one, meaning less work to implement or tweak with everything, so it would almost turn into a pure bonus or optional aspect. The apartment itself should of course offer a few ways of interaction and then perhaps a few more than the standard one if the's the corporate one, and maybe a few less if it's the shoddy one.
I'd be fine with that, as said before, V is trying to get to big leagues, in case the character makes it, and becomes a millioner isnt it just super weird and not at ALL immersive to own that much money and still live in Watson? They can do something like in GTA V style where Franklin lives with his aunt and then gets rich and gets a villa in hills, Only V will get a penthouse :>
Post automatically merged:

Surely you can have different apartments for the each sector. Makes sense to me to be able to customise your apartment too. I'd love to be able to buy posters, gadgets, bots etc for my apartment and have all the clothes and weapons visable in my wardrobe like in the 2018 demo and even like hidden gun lockers.

See you all in Night City

XO

if the apartment is a thing and you're supposed to go there frequently or at least feel the need to do so, then don't make it a place frozen in time; you should make it evolve like in witcher 3's corvo bianco. so far it's place where you could sleep and get a "well rested" stat boost; you could use a personal computer; browse your in-game or imported playlist; sit and watch TV like in GTA5, costumize your load out; have a bookcase like in witcher 3; some random cutscenes could even take place in this apartment, like inviting allied npcs who would chill around playing with your things, having a pet and feed him, having a robot-butler that would clean and cook, etc... a static resting place really sounds like the opposite of what CDPR is after.

Ok, thank you for confirming this devs. I am of very mixed feelings here right now.
I'm am not worried so much about those apartments in particular, but the fear of how many other "open world" elements are also being cut, that we haven't heard about yet. While it makes sense for devs to cut game elements due to resource management once the game gets closer to release, focusing on important stuff, I just can't help but wonder whether this game actually is going to end up the open world experience it was advertised as.

- At least V HAS an apartment. That's a plus, with some gameplay elements, apparently. That's important for immersion.

- However, that there is only one apartment tells me number of things by virtue of extrapolation. The premise was that the story is a "from rags to riches" kind of thing. One of the more obvious things you can give to a player to burn some money in this kind of setting, would be apartments. If V only retains the one, then that's kind of like saying that he/she doesn't break into major leagues, that he/she doesn't get rich during the course of the story, that he/she is going to end up just an poor anti-hero thats getting kicked from one mess to another. It tells us something about the story. "It's a city of dreams and I'm a big dreamer". I guess those dreams are not going to be realized, huh.

- I fear more than nothing else that the game will be a linear, restricted, only elements that pertain to the story kind of thing. Like Deus Ex MK, which is a pile of garbage. Completely unimmersive cardboard world, small maps, carboncopy NPCs on the streets, no real freedom etc, yawn-inducing story. Multiple apartments would've been an element signifying a more open world, which would set my mind at ease waiting for the release. Now, the good signals are getting considerably fewer after this E3. Cool graphics does not affect gameplay, I'm afraid, especially when we can't see them. I guess we need to start discussions about what "open world" actually means. I am afraid that the "interactive movie" style just doesn't fly at this time and day. I really hope CP2077 is more than that.

- Pawel said "right now", meaning the apartments might come later. At least this is a small comfort.

The good thing about this is that they can commit a great deal of attention to that one apartment and its alleged "gameplay functions".

I think this is a good choice, if they actually make it work for the betterment of gameplay.

Anyone remember how Tony Montana worked at a hot dog stand at the start of the movie? Possessions are a way to portray character's advancement within the world. Granted, CP2077 is not AS much that kind of a story as Scarface or a game like GTA5 is, but still, there should be something that signals you have succeeded in your goals.

It is not nearly as easy to get excited about the story of an anti-hero that never moves much out of his starting position. Many of us humans are goal-oriented.

Sad news. Obviously it can change, but with the release date set, I doubt it.
Having options to buy new apartment/property and even lightly customize it (like it was in the Witcher 3 B&W) would be great. I don't think anyone expected furniture moving and fort building like in Fallout 4.
Imo it's an important piece in world building and always feels great to have another option to spend your hard earned golden coins to get a reward different than a new gun with more stats.

Like some people said here before me, would be nice to at least see the level of apartment customization like in Corvo Bianco - posters, displays, maybe color and textures change.

Ok, thank you for confirming this devs. I am of very mixed feelings here right now.
I'm am not worried so much about those apartments in particular, but the fear of how many other "open world" elements are also being cut, that we haven't heard about yet. While it makes sense for devs to cut game elements due to resource management once the game gets closer to release, focusing on important stuff, I just can't help but wonder whether this game actually is going to end up the open world experience it was advertised as.

- At least V HAS an apartment. That's a plus, with some gameplay elements, apparently. That's important for immersion.

- However, that there is only one apartment tells me number of things by virtue of extrapolation. The premise was that the story is a "from rags to riches" kind of thing. One of the more obvious things you can give to a player to burn some money in this kind of setting, would be apartments. If V only retains the one, then that's kind of like saying that he/she doesn't break into major leagues, that he/she doesn't get rich during the course of the story, that he/she is going to end up just an poor anti-hero thats getting kicked from one mess to another. It tells us something about the story. "It's a city of dreams and I'm a big dreamer". I guess those dreams are not going to be realized, huh.

- I fear more than nothing else that the game will be a linear, restricted, only elements that pertain to the story kind of thing. Like Deus Ex MK, which is a pile of garbage. Completely unimmersive cardboard world, small maps, carboncopy NPCs on the streets, no real freedom etc, yawn-inducing story. Multiple apartments would've been an element signifying a more open world, which would set my mind at ease waiting for the release. Now, the good signals are getting considerably fewer after this E3. Cool graphics does not affect gameplay, I'm afraid, especially when we can't see them. I guess we need to start discussions about what "open world" actually means. I am afraid that the "interactive movie" style just doesn't fly at this time and day. I really hope CP2077 is more than that.

- Pawel said "right now", meaning the apartments might come later. At least this is a small comfort.
Could not have said it better, absolutely right.

Top Bottom