"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Yeah I think people who are taken aback by this little "community backlash" just for a couple appartments are having it wrong.

It is not only about that, it just symbolizes a fear that we have; that Night City is going to be a little shallow.

Sure we want a story driven RPG with choices, that's incredibly awesome on that scale, but CDPR is also creating a very lived in and detailed open-world Cyberpunk City, and we want to interact with it !
We want to touch it, We want to feel like we are part of it. We want to feel, as a player, that we really do live in that city and that we're not only here to be a camera and follow a story.

It's cool to see such a lively and coherent city, please make us be at least a little part of that.

What can we do in Night City if we can't buy stuff, interact with our environment, have a little bit of activites ?

(Absolutely no offense, but the activites they talked about don't quite cut it. I don't know how to put it nicely, but a shooting range is the most bland thing you could add, the driving is probably not going to be good so car-racing neither, we're left with a little robot-boxing. I'm afraid that's a bit thin).

I.N.T.E.R.A.C.T.I.O.N please !

One place is fine, but they are really missing a trick if you can't put trophies, knickknacks & other customising features in it.

Since this is getting more and more eyeballs, please keep in mind one simple rule:
Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood moderators.

P. S. Yes, that's Keanu Reeves himself.

Gotta say (unless I missed certain posts here or elsewhere about this, not that I really recall though) I so far saw very good behaviour from the community in regards to these topics, whether it was about the change from classes and implied factions to a more independent or unaffiliated V, or now less apartments. As I recall anyway.

Not undermining your needed preventive warning, just saying, I guess I am a bit surprised myself, for an official forum, and considering the expectations people have. I guess it relies a bit on both sides, the community itself to keep it decent and within acceptable limits, and for anyone else going beyond this, the mods.

But again to highlight, despite the disappointment you can feel in some through the lines they write, I really haven't seen any actual problematic outbursts so I think this is handled rather well by most people, on both sides of the fence, I guess.

In a nutshell, pat yourself on the shoulder a bit, community, and keep that mature behaviour up. Criticism is fine, complain all you want, but keep it within a decent and respectable tone. And if you can, ideally, not just say you dislike an action but also consider whether you can come up with solutions or compromises as that might give other people commenting and maybe even the devs some ideas.

- Your wannabe neighborhood moderator police :cool:

resetera, definitly the wrong side to go for news on cyberpunk 2077
(but that counts for most of the other outlets as well)

I am quite sure there ll be enough Motels in the citiy you can use, to "shorten" the
way to your next target, if you need to sleep a bit before pressing on ;)

Well IF there is a need for sleep and thirst and hunger, i might add ^^

resetera, definitly the wrong side to go for news on cyberpunk 2077
(but that counts for most of the other outlets as well)

I am quite sure there ll be enough Motels in the citiy you can use, to "shorten" the
way to your next target, if you need to sleep a bit before pressing on ;)

Well IF there is a need for sleep and thirst and hunger, i might add ^^
It was confirmed by one of the devs, So its not only ResetEra

yes i know @Danielkiss9 i said it because it is "THAT" site (along others)
Paweł Sasko confirmed the 1 appartment thing, it is okay for me.
I am pretty sure the game ll provide plenty of stuff, to keep you busy.

;)

Actually (from what we know now. I just add that to avoid the "we don't know how it will be in final game") there a couple more important things to do to help roleplaying V than where he's sleeping.

Well this is sad but it would be nice if you are able to get either customization or multi-location through mod support. Usually companies pay for their employees hotels, hostels, apartments, etc when they are working on the job. If you are working for a corp or a gang then you should be given a temporary living space to rest, requip, change loadouts, and other things you do in your protected living space for the game. I'm pretty sure if its not a feature someone will create a mod for it.

Personally It's not the lost of multiple apartments that disappoint me, it's the fact that now I know that V is just a simple merc who isn't interested in "climbing the ladder" like what was mentioned before. If this were the case, then there wouldn't just be one apartment. Because as V becomes bigger and better, you'd expect him to get bigger and better places to live. I think this is going to be a game about Silverhand and V the merc who is helping him to find his girlfriend in cyberspace and to help him piece together what happened regarding his death. I don't think this is Vs Personal story, it's silverhand's story. I hope I'm wrong, but finding out that V stay stagnant in his role as a merc; not gaining more as the story goes on is just hinting that V is just johnny's helper.

It's possible that CDPR, because of development/money/time constraints or simpy by choice, is following a model similar to Rockstar with GTA V / Online. Initial release will be strongly focused on the single player story and predetermined character, with less customization and freedom. Later it will come out "Cyberpunk Online" with custom protagonist and purchasable properties/business, more sandbox-y.

Honestly, when I first heard V had an apartment last year I was confused. Folks on the bottom are lucky to have a place in a coffin hotel. My newbies usually had to do some favors for a local gang to earn crash space with them, or sleep on the streets. Even my most successful players rarely bought property. Too easy for your enemies to find you / blow it up.

Interesting point about the rage to riches theme and flaunting your wealth (very CP) but I'm not convinced we're going to end up rich and famous. This is because CP is usually a game about staying alive, not amassing a big pile of gold (which someone will inevitably try to take away...)

That said, I'm a little disappointed about not having the option (It's your eddies man..) but if something has to go to hit Apr 2020, I'm good with it being housing (which can be expanded later)

Sad news. Obviously it can change, but with the release date set, I doubt it.
Having options to buy new apartment/property and even lightly customize it (like it was in the Witcher 3 B&W) would be great. I don't think anyone expected furniture moving and fort building like in Fallout 4.
Imo it's an important piece in world building and always feels great to have another option to spend your hard earned golden coins to get a reward different than a new gun with more stats.

Like some people said here before me, would be nice to at least see the level of apartment customization like in Corvo Bianco - posters, displays, maybe color and textures change.

And again - the "have your own apartment" feature was introduced in the SECOND expansion to The Witcher games, when it made sense from the story perspective(Geralt settling down etc). So maybe this feature will also get introduced later in CP2077 expansions, when it makes sense.

Well if we want to argue very optimistically and compared to other people in Night City, we could say:

"Be grateful you get a roof over your head that isn't the gutter or bridge"

I'll take 1 apartment over 0. But ideally, whatever at what point: The more, the merrier.

It's a possibility:

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it

Just to add even if it's another topic on itself: Multiplayer can be tricky.

Fallout 76 kinda has shown how it can be done in bad fashion if you pull an open world game with RPG elements and whatnot into Multiplayer. A more restricted or different type of MP with focus on the world or integration of the players into the world might be more feasible. Hard to explain what I prefer, in simple words I'd favor a limited player or cooperative approach over an MMORPG-style approach.

But that's a topic for another place. Time will tell.

To get back on topic a bit I guess the players would also need to have an apartment in an MP mode :p

Quite disappointing news, can upgrade practically everything else so it'd make sense if you could also use that money to live somewhere nicer.

Guest 4211861

Capture.PNG

Well, there are other things to play, there's this awesome game called The Witcher that I wanna get into, sounds pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a possibility:

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it

Then now I more worried than ever, cause:
-Any game than can be made multiplayer isn't an RPG, because RPG and multiplayer needs a real game master to works.
-I breaks any left chances of being able to one day playing one of the missing role in an truly interractive world.
:giveup:

Top Bottom